Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Subwoofer connections (Read 3234 times)
toobnoob
Verified Member

Subwoofer connections
09/09/14 at 19:47:23

Hey y'all

So you might remember from a previous thread, i was asking about subwoofers. Right now im looking at the totem kin sub to pair with my tannoy's and the SE34-I

Chris had mentioned that after bridging my outputs, i can used the unused left and right outputs to send to the sub. Simple enough. After looking at the sub today, the guy at the shop said i should actually hook the amp to the sub and then the speakers to the sub to get full control over the crossovers.

What are the pros and cons of each scenario?

so to recap.

Scenario A) Amp -> speakers + amp -> sub
Scenario B) Amp -> sub, sub -> speakers

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Re: Subwoofer connections
Reply #1 - 09/09/14 at 20:14:03

Nope what he would have you do is send the signal from the amp to the subs and then the speaker outs of the subs that would take low bass away from the main speakers and that is terrible for music listening. You want full range sound to the speakers so they have the opportunity to go as low as they can and let the subs fill in the bottom from there.

Everybody these days has HT (home theater) HT brain, Tongue
The way "the guy" wants you to set it up you would not be hearing the amp purely but through the subwoofer crossover. NOT recommended.

Do scenario A

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/09/14 at 20:16:19

We gotta give you a crash course Noob.  ;D

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
toobnoob
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/09/14 at 20:30:44

No kidding haha you got PayPal Chris? I feel like I should send you a tip for all your help so far

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print