Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 20:46:39 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Ways to improve sound quality of The MYSTERY AMP ! (Read 151460 times)
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Re: Ways to improve sound quality of The MYSTERY AMP !
Reply #150 - 09/29/15 at 03:27:18

Update picture of CS line stage pre-amp which is modded  by replacing stock internal signal cable wire with Duelund pure silver hook up wire 2 version 2 (as same as I modded my ZMA).

IMG_2133.JPG

Audio Note DAC3.1 Custom modded to 4.1, DIY Duelund wire RCA IC, Offramp 5 USB SPDIF converter, Mac Mini, Amarra Symphony player,
Zen Mystery Amp. MIT Oracle speaker wire, Avalon Eidolon Diamond speakers. Coincident Statement preamp, Martin Logan Depth subwoofer
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #151 - 09/29/15 at 03:30:35

Duelund hook up wire 2 version 2 versus stock cable wire.

IMG_2132.JPG

Audio Note DAC3.1 Custom modded to 4.1, DIY Duelund wire RCA IC, Offramp 5 USB SPDIF converter, Mac Mini, Amarra Symphony player,
Zen Mystery Amp. MIT Oracle speaker wire, Avalon Eidolon Diamond speakers. Coincident Statement preamp, Martin Logan Depth subwoofer
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #152 - 01/25/16 at 10:10:52

Hi,

I want to add my latest jigsaw added to my Hi Fi system. It is Stealth Audio Indra V8 XLR cable. They are used between Audio Note DAC to preamplifier CSLS. Thanks to Stone of Tone who recommended.

This cable excels in presenting an unparalled finely detailed, open and relaxed upper mid /treble range without ever becomming agressive or fatiguing.
itīs very liquid and fast with very good bass too  and does itīs magic in an very natural way, never calling attention to itself.

Now I am near Nirvana system.

Thanks to Zen Mystery Amp, Honest Liquidity!

image_001.jpeg

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #153 - 01/25/16 at 15:50:05

Hi vyokyong, glad to read. I remember you were traveling to Hong Kong to get them.

The Indra are pretty special IC's. I enjoyed every minute of having them. For me, just a little to much so. I ended up staying with my Kimber 1030 to 1030 IC's (RCA).

Serendipitous, to having the Indra in my System (used), I traded back to Joe at the Cable Co., for the Kimber Select KS6063 Speaker Cable 8ft WBT-0681-Ag Spades ~and~ Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha Digital Power Cord (used for the KS6063 and new for the Alpha Digital).

What these Kimber 6063's and Shunyata Digital power have brought to my System.....are not replaceable!

{Thanks Joe, at the CableCO, for helping catapult my System to Liquidity with Dynamics........and subtlety}.

Further sonic pleasure improvements have been Tube Rolling:

NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /Inputs = ZMA are breathtaking.............. .

*Also: Cryoset 6H23N-EB's, rotated in and out of Inputs/ZMA*
(Way different internal guts/halo/getter...they are NOT 6N23P-EV's)

NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube/CSP3 ~ not taken for granted neither......... .

NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /PRE Outputs of CSP3, running  into ZMA Inputs with Ediswan's = revelatory!  

Furthermore, customizing my Acoustic Zen Adagio's:

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3kHz/18dB/Octave, Linkwitz/Riley Crossovers....with all crappy parts = gone)
...........................Revelatory!

Especially when the Adagio Drivers are equipped with underhung voice coils and Neodymium magnets – a short voice coil in a long magnetic gap allows to eliminates most of the distortions and coloration.

......then with the Transmission Lines.....magnificent overacheivers!

Enjoy the Indra's! Your System I bet, is glorious with them!

PS: Goals in 2016/for my System:

1) Three more choice/select/NOS/Platinum pairs of 6922's from Upscale Audio.

2) I'm bringing in a PASS LABS XA 30.8 (used/demo/seasoned in), to challenge my Zen Mystery Amp. Yes, the XA 30.8.....not the XA 30.5.
(I'll probably end up keeping the 30.8 & the ZMA will be going nowhere~it stays/period).

3) Kimber Internal Silver wire or Duelund, inside Adagio's...and Upgrade Caps to Mundorf Silver Oils.

Listening Room:

Room Treatments from Michael Green & Home Brew

Sony as Transport (DVP-NS57P)/Sandwich weighted for Isolation

Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax IC

Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha Digital Power Cord to ZDSD!

Decware ZDSD DAC / Recorder
W/Steve's Output Transformer's/kicking to the curb quite a few superb DAC'S!
(@ -20 Ref Level, 0.0 Input volume and @ 16/192)

WBT-0102Ag RCA Kimber Select KS1030

Decware CSP3 w/Jupiter Caps
(NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube~NOS Platinum Ediswan Cryogenic 6922's for Output Tubes & 5U4G-C Rectifier)
10 of 10 for Input tube & *9* of 10 voltage for Output tubes
Volume adjustment usage at 25% to 55% from 0

WBT-0102Ag RCA Kimber Select KS1030

Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier
~BIASED at *60* mA~
(NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 in my A12 an B12 positions~6N23P-EV's for Inverter Tubes~JAN Sylvania 0A3's & Tung-Sol KT66's)
ZMA adjusted at 20% to 30% from 0

Kimber Select KS6063 Speaker Cable 8ft WBT-0681-Ag Spades

Acoustic Zen Adagio - Black Pearl (Modified)

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3kHz/18dB/Octave, Linkwitz/Riley Crossovers....with all crappy parts = gone)

XLO Pro Power Cords to CSP3 an ZMA
PS Audio P3 Power Plant / Pangea AC-9SE from wall to P3
(Transport, ZDSD an CSP3, Regenerated/*122*~ Multiwave off...ZMA on High Current Output)

PS: NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /Inputs = ZMA are breathtaking.............. .

*Also: Cryoset 6H23N-EB's, rotated in and out of Inputs/ZMA*
(Way different internal guts/halo/getter...they are NOT 6N23P-EV's)

NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC for Input Tube/CSP3 ~ not taken for granted neither......... .

NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 /PRE Outputs of CSP3, running  into ZMA Inputs with Ediswan's = revelatory!  

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #154 - 01/26/16 at 05:01:54

Hi Stone of Tone,

Thanks for all your information.
For me, I have no any improving plan yet for year 2016! All is done, very happy, happy and happy!

Wish you all enjoy listening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print