Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:05:13 

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Steve/Decware & Company.....Developments? (Read 76865 times)
BAndrade
Seasoned Member

Do it once, do it
right. Repeat for
quality life.

Re: Steve/Decware & Company.....Developments?
Reply #850 - 09/06/19 at 03:38:18

Like wise I learnt from this experiment of yours. This kind of genuine desire to improve and going beyond the conventional is what I really like.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #851 - 09/06/19 at 05:49:15

Yes, I would say that is obvious by your ZMA experiment!

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #852 - 09/06/19 at 13:15:16

Quote:
Exactly.

BTW, This is why beeswax caps sound so good. The wax reduces vibration, it's like a really good dampener.  Beeswax is why voice coil lead-in wire is so amazing.  A silver (a soft metal) foil braided around cotton and dipped in beeswax.  What else could stand being bent and flexed 10,000 times a second for hours a day, and last 50 years? Another good one is the VCAP due to the high precision winding making it harder for the foil to move.

Steve

Steve...I have been dong a lot of research with a variety of waxes.  I am working on a homebrew car wax.  While beeswax is good....it is trumped by the Carnuaba wax and Montan wax in terms of melting points.  The SDS sheets are interesting, and thus I have been working on a blend of beeswax, carnuaba, and Montan wax to find a balance of hardness that can also spreadable once a solvent is added.  Then there is the added cofactor of adding an oil to balance out the solvent.  Needless to say...I am doing down the rabbit hole in my research to build a car wax.  😳

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #853 - 09/06/19 at 17:10:02

Steve,

Well, I'm still confused about the induced vibration from the supports.  I still think these are orders of magnitude larger than the self-generated internal vibrations.  Have you been able to test how your platforms do with these?  

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #854 - 09/06/19 at 17:57:34

Archie,

So far I have tested the ambient seismic levels by the same test at 52dB highest point.  I think the only way to find out how it does on music induced vibrations is going to be to measure the audio rack vs. the amplifier on the platform while doing frequency sweeps.  I may be able to do it on live music as well.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #855 - 09/06/19 at 22:05:40

I agree that ambient seismic levels are generally low.  Except when the local ski area sets off their avalanche bombs!  I don't own a smartphone otherwise I would have tried using the inbuilt accelerometers on my "rack," on my platform and on my amp with music playing.  I can only feel with my hand the change in vibration with and without isolation.  But it's a big difference.

I also have done testing with my ear against the rack and platform.  In that case I was able to discern high frequencies leaking through that I tried to mitigate with a layer of foam.  That's why I  know that any solution to isolation will be a hybrid of materials and techniques.

What I couldn't do much about were any amplifier build issues such as vibrating transformers.  I remember when I first got my ZP3 I had some transformer hum and I found that when I took off the base, hum was reduced 90%.  I tried some rubber between the plate and base but it didn't help much.  I wonder if your platforms couple better to the wood bases and cancel some of the amplifying effect?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #856 - 09/06/19 at 22:58:02

I just watched the video of the platforms and I noticed that you had the most important thing for doing serious scientific research, a large McDonald's drink cup!
It would only be more legit if there were Sausage Burrito wrappers strewn about.
Fuel for the mind!
I try to have a large cup in almost all of my photos.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #857 - 09/06/19 at 23:13:19

Donnie,

I was thinking something was missing from Steve's platform and now I know what it is.  A cup holder!   Grin

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #858 - 09/07/19 at 03:16:57

Here is an interesting test I did using a sweep in the listening room with the platform by itself with no amplifier placed on it.  I wanted to see how much energy the corners collect from the amplifier that usually sits on it,  To do that I needed to see the energy in the corner with no amp pressing down on it, and the energy in the center where resin plug design turns it into heat and in some cases redistributes it.  The sweep was at a normal listening volume tilted towards the higher side of things.

This shows me that corner (in purple) of which there are four and only one was measured, picks up 70-130Hz with no load.  An amplifier on it will drop it down closer to 60.  It also shows that in that octave there is around a 12dB reduction in energy at the center of the platform as shown by the red line.  Also some of that energy is redistributed centered at 150Hz, but at lower amplitude.  Higher frequencies are handled equally well by both locations.

This illustrates what the platform does with airborne sound energy and the energy that comes up through the table it sets on.  This test was done with the recommended Sorbothane pucks under the platform.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #859 - 09/07/19 at 19:34:31

Steve, did you try testing the support/table under the platform to give a baseline?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #860 - 09/08/19 at 04:02:00

No, not for the test above, it would irrelevant since I am just trying to watch how much energy moves between the unloaded corner and the center of the platform.

I did make a comparison of the table by itself against the platform center, however without an amplifier on top of it to load it, the platform will not function the same, so the following graph is somewhat meaningless.

Green is the table, orange is the platform.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
BAndrade
Seasoned Member

Do it once, do it
right. Repeat for
quality life.

Reply #861 - 09/08/19 at 05:17:11

Steve, would it be possible to place the Audio Focus platform on the floor and do the same measurements ?

And also possibly on another table/audio rack that is lower and/or with smaller span (legs closer together).

Just curious as to how important an audio rack's construction is to its contribution to vibrations.

It will improve my mental model but also perhaps enable you to put a blurb in the owners manual for the AF platforms as to where it can be placed for optimum effect.

Thanks.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #862 - 09/08/19 at 10:06:24

TT's have lots of moving parts and vibrations must be rampant in the micro world. My Michell has big springs to dissipate the sum of these. Okay, so their designers have taken this route and who am I to disagree.
Well, I like to check out the big Nottingham Analogue decks which are sprung, and was surprised to read that the designer preferred his without springs. Must have had a good base.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #863 - 09/08/19 at 17:50:13

I think of springs as vibration filters.  Some TTs are so massive that they would be hard to get vibrating and might not need isolation.  My take on TTs is that keeping vibration out of the unit (hence, isolation) beats damping since damping can only reduce damage, not eliminate or avoid it.  Here is a short video demonstration of the effectiveness of damping techniques nevertheless.  Scroll to the bottom of the page.  https://www.ortofon.com/microtech/technologies/technical-rubber  I think a TT needs both isolation and damping.  One more thought on TT isolation is that if isolation colors the sound, it's not effective isolation.  Isolation will expose the true sound, free from coloration.

I'm sure that to accurately characterize the effectiveness of a platform, it needs to be loaded when tested.  However, in the case of a sprung platform, I think a dummy load would be effective since the object is to engage the suspension.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #864 - 09/08/19 at 18:15:34

While I understand why vibration control is important in mechanical devices I don't understand how it helps in an electronic device.
I can't see vibration causing electrons from moving the intended way.
Please school me.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #865 - 09/08/19 at 23:08:56

Donnie, I can't answer more than anecdotally.  I've had microphonic effects and feedback cause by vibration.  What it's doing inside to cause it, I don't know.  I've heard better resolution with isolation too.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #866 - 09/09/19 at 01:09:07

Donnie,

It's the capacitance in wires, circuit boards, and of course the capacitors themselves that contain at least two layers that despite being stuck together are made from different material and therefor will expand and contract at different points relative to each other, both from heat and from mechanical vibration. Any time you move a layer, you change the capacitance. In fact this is how radio tuners work, by using a variable capacitor where you can move the layers manually.  Changing the capacitance in audio circuits changes the performance and sound. Capacitance in an audio circuit is what determines among other things, the frequency response. So in reality the reason things sound better warmed up is the exact same reason they sound better when not vibrating.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
BAndrade
Seasoned Member

Do it once, do it
right. Repeat for
quality life.

Reply #867 - 09/09/19 at 02:29:49

Vibrations affects capacitors:
Capacitance is inversely proportional to +ve and - ve plates physical distance from each other (which will vary with vibration) and directly proportional to plate area and dielectric media.

Hence vibration is bad as the capacitance changes due to vibration will result in its own dynamics superimposed on the music signal output.

Vibration affects vaccum tubes:
Vibration as well affects tubes in that vibration induces microphonics (tap your finger on a crystal wine glass) which is ultimately carried by the tube output signal. Also I would imagine (not documented anywhere so I am speculating here) the plates and grids not being rigidly welded with stops but rather by insertion into mica or other insulator anchor plate holes or slots cause the relative distances between the cathode, the various grids, screen and the anode to oscillate/vary changing the electron flow from Cathode to anode (my own untested theory).

IP Logged
Hekowee
Verified Member

Reply #868 - 09/09/19 at 23:05:54

Geez, I love this thread, and all things Decware. Thanks to all those who contribute to this fine family.

Zen Torii Jr
CSP3
ZRock2
Zen Monolith 947
Silver interconnects
Silver Teflon speaker cables
ZSB switch box
Emotiva CD player
Yamaha Tuner
Technics SL-1200 Mark II turntable
Centrance Hifi-M8/iPhone streaming Tidal lossless 1,411 kbps
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #869 - 09/19/19 at 21:51:07

Here is the results of the heavy vibration test that I applied to the Audio Focus Platforms.

I tested five things.  

1) The vibration in the table top where the platform would sit. I screwed a transducer to the bottom of the table top and hooked it to an amplifier with a signal generator that swept from 40Hz to 250Hz. I chose that range because below 40Hz I couldn't get a strong enough reading on the meter, and the same was true for frequencies above 250Hz.

2) The platform setting on that table top with direct contact to raise it's mass with the transducer in the center. Remember the center is where the high density composite disc is embedded so it should show the lowest amount of vibration compared to the corners or wings as I call them which are basically microphones when loaded and transducers when unloaded.

3) the platform setting on that table top with direct contact but with the transducer at the corner where if this test is successful should give me a higher number than the table itself demonstrating the effectiveness of the resonance that occurs in the corners/wings/floating sections.

4) the platform setting on sorbothane pucks on the table top with the transducer at the corner. This by lowering the mass vs. when the platform was setting directly on the table, should have the highest reading.

5) a solid block of wood just to see what would happen. Not a valid test because the wood was smaller in size than the platform but it was handy so I included it in the tests.

Since the frequency sweep was sampled 57 or more times for each test, and the vibration was different at each sample for each test, the only way to get any meaningful data is to total all the vibration figures for each test.  That gives us the total vibration for each test.

Also, you will notice the columns on the results page differ in length.  This is because I stopped the tests manually.  I probably should have truncated the data at 57 like the first test, but it would have only made the numbers for the platform look even better so I didn't worry about it.

These tests were targeted at how the base deals with vibration coming from below and uses industry standard vibration testing for machine vibration, which is a lot higher than what would typically be seen in a listening room from sound coupling to solid surfaces... nevertheless it is another test that shows the base is capable of absorbing 51% of the energy in the table.

The table, as you will see, is actually mounted to a drill press that weighs about 150lbs. This gave me a stiff, high mass surface that we could light up with vibration for the tests.

One insight I got from these tests is that this platform, quite unlike a solid block of wood, does not really need to be isolated from the table it sets on. Rather than setting on soft sorbothane pads, it could work better in some cases with spikes to directly couple it to the table or just setting directly on the table itself.  Those cases would probably be when the mass of the table top is less than the mass of the platform.  

If any of this is making your brain hurt, think how mine feels, and consider that before you assault me with questions  ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #870 - 09/19/19 at 22:25:45

Mine Hurts...for real
My opinion (totally unqualified, unquantified and biased)
is that, if you have spent this much time and energy on these and you say they work, then they work.
Never once have you recommended something to me that hasn’t made a marked improvement in my listen experience and satisfaction with my system.
So only one question:
When will ones that fit my system be shipping?
Smiley
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #871 - 09/20/19 at 01:49:27

I love your test.

Not trying to be a PITA but was the vibration at the platform corner (where the component feet sit?) slightly higher than for the table itself?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #872 - 09/20/19 at 02:19:37

It is.  As per #3 above.  Remember it's unloaded when there is no amplifier on it.  I can certainly say that these tests are far less intuitive than those in the first video.  Nevertheless it taught me that the device is well suited as an energy sink placed on top of speaker cabinets or anything you wanted to lower vibration on, which I had not really thought about being so focused on their use as an audio component platform.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #873 - 09/20/19 at 05:51:45

I think this qualifies under Decware Developments, so please read the following post:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1561942815/759#759

There is a good possibility we could offer these speakers to our customers. Even if we didn't we are going to be offering the same manufactures drivers in two of our own speaker designs, so it's likely to be a development.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #874 - 09/20/19 at 16:46:31

Quote:
Remember it's unloaded when there is no amplifier on it.

Exactly.  The only way I know of to really evaluate a platform is to measure the top of the amplifier and compare with the top of the table.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
BAndrade
Seasoned Member

Do it once, do it
right. Repeat for
quality life.

Reply #875 - 09/21/19 at 12:52:43

Steve,

Thanks again for the test and being very open and posting them exposing it to scrutiny. This old world openness from you is truly not present in this day and age. The vibration readings in velocity (cm/s) instead of sound pressure (dB) also helps in forming a better understanding of the vibration effects (because among other things dB is a log scale instead of a linear scale and more specifically designed for sound loudness or lack of it).

Trying to figure out the readings in the spreadsheet in the results section of the test video.

I appreciate the effort from you and would like to say at the outset that it is easier of someone after the fact to come in and make comments. That is why I was trying to avoid it these couple of days. But I thought it will help to improve things if questions are asked or perhaps, I am misunderstanding something.

Since the number of readings/data points are not the same for each situation having an average instead of total of the readings would be helpful for true comparison. I think your dampening factor will be greater than 51% you mentioned which works in the favor of the platform.

My only concern looking at the spreadsheet is that the platform corners exhibit higher readings (it may be due to your totaling instead of averaging different number of data points for each case). Concern is because the audio device on top will have it's feet at the corners and ultimately it is form those points that vibration be transferred upwards. Using the center reading preferentially for comparison due to its resin damping directly underneath will skew the results in favor instead of real world effect which is the integration of all of the results of vibration taken all over the platform face (corners, middle and also in between these point (matrix)). This integration of vibration readings across the full surface of the platform could be accomplished by taking readings on an amplifier on top of the platform. This I think actually gives the true indication of how the platform prevents vibrations from affecting the protected device and by how much. The amplifier reading would automatically integrate all of the readings on the surface instead of taking that many readings and calculating a combined resultant.

Thank you again for taking the trouble of recording and posting your results. It is a learning experience for me.

IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #876 - 10/01/19 at 20:38:47

Hi, does anyone know if the pending "Decfest" has impacted the manufacturing process? I'm in the queue waiting for my Zrock2 and the wait is hard for me to take  ;D, I haven't seen anything change on the work flow website and was wondering if things have been put on hold???

While looking in this thread I noticed some "wishes" for new products. What about a Zen amp like the SE84UFO but have the Zrock2 built into it in a single package? I have the SE84UFO and am head over heals in love with it and have ordered the Zrock2 which I anticipate will only make things better? Just a thought.

Thanks to a great company, great products and fantastic community!

Steve

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #877 - 10/03/19 at 02:43:43

Hi Rapter,

It does impact the process, as everything goes on hold for 10 days.  I usually am feeling pretty generous after the fest, so during the QC process I often do little things to reward people for their patients. You may receive your ZROCK2 with a tube from my private stash, or some small upgrade that you didn't order ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #878 - 10/03/19 at 04:57:49

You are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing company Steve, I have NEVER EVER felt the love from any company like have from Decware and the Decware community!!

DECWARE ROCKS!!!!!!

Thank you and have a great show!!!

Warm regards

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #879 - 10/20/19 at 17:49:40

Coming soon...

I'm working on the web page now.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Sarah Richardson
Verified Member

The Decware Glue

Reply #880 - 10/22/19 at 20:36:55

That's a good looking speaker!

IP Logged
BillW
Verified Member

Reply #881 - 10/22/19 at 21:05:14

Agreed! And by all reports thus far, the sound is “acceptable” as well. Grin

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #882 - 10/28/19 at 02:25:29

Here is a link to the page:

https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZMS.html

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #883 - 10/29/19 at 03:13:06

Hi Steve,
A wonderful accomplishment!

There is a typing error or something on the catalog page.
The 4th line of text under the speaker picture at the top of the page says:

$499.00 2 inch thick solid hardwood starting at around $4000 a pair with shipping.

I guess that reference to $499 is a carry over from a previous web page.

I am glad you brought forth this tremendous speaker. Very happy for you.

Brian

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #884 - 10/30/19 at 03:11:44

Here is the page for the ZC10M, now online.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZMS3.html

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #885 - 10/31/19 at 04:39:56

And finally I'm almost done with the web page for the Zen Audio Focus Platforms!

https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZAFP.html

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #886 - 11/18/19 at 04:26:02

WWW   IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #887 - 12/02/19 at 02:28:42

I bet the ZAFP’s would work great with turntables too. The feet might not line up properly but I’m sure there’s ways around that.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #888 - 02/24/20 at 05:54:10

Haha... you didn't think this wonderful thread would be quiet for too long...  it's impossible, I can't help it.

I have just done something that blew my own mind... hard. Blew my wife's mind... and going blow quite a few more minds on Monday.

So hard to describe... I made a video of the initial testing and let me try to set this up for you...

You are going to hear a new pair of speakers that I made. I recorded them with my smart phone. (in stereo). They are radial loudpeakers.  
They are single-driver speakers. There is no crossover. They are full-range. There is no tweeter, there is no subwoofer.  

The drivers are less than 2 inches in diameter.

I got bass from drivers less than 2 inches in diameter.

Real bass.

I did it with a Zen Triode Amplifier, all 2 watts was needed.

You can find this original video here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO14X7TvgezjQYSW4BsEwcOAE-dVicJTf

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #889 - 02/24/20 at 07:24:14

Steve....I can’t wait to hear this!!  I am sitting here at work burning the midnight oil and patiently waiting.  

With looking to pull the trigger on the SE84UFO25 later this year....I had been wondering how my ERR’s would be able to handle the little Zen Amp.  With these new radial speakers, it sounds like the perfect match made in heaven.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #890 - 09/09/21 at 20:37:39

Bump!

This was a consistent thread for a long time and then it got lost...  Tiny Radials were born, Covid19 hit and we all know the rest.  In any case, I will be updating this thread from where it left off soon.

Most of the developments are actually going to be on display at this years DECFEST including Tiny Radials., so afterwards I will start updating this thread.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #891 - 08/18/22 at 15:11:28

read stealthily waiting for a comeback

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #892 - 08/20/22 at 01:59:50

Well, there has been plenty going on since the last post...

Tiny Radials has it's own web site: https://www.decwaretinyradials.com We're still making them every time we get a spare moment.

The Tube Tots were developed in June 2021.  The first 30 pair went fast, the second 30 pair are almost finished as I write this.

You can read about them here: https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1624510181/0#0

and here is the web page:  https://www.decwareproducts.com/zentubetots

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #893 - 08/20/22 at 02:00:28

The TORII JRv2 was released in August 2021.

You can read about it here: https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1608681355

and here is the web page:  https://www.decware.com/newsite/TORIIJR.html

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #894 - 08/20/22 at 02:00:55

The TORII MK5 was happening around August 2021.

You can read about it here:  https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1626054622/50#50

The web page is here:  https://www.decwareproducts.com/toriimk5

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #895 - 08/20/22 at 02:09:15

Also the Lii Audio/Lii Song speakers were changed with two new models.  The Glory S10 arrived in October just after DECFEST in 2021.  They will be waiting for everyone to hear at DECFEST 2022.  Andrew Robinson Reviewed the current model "Origin S10" which can be seen on our web page for it: https://www.decwareproducts.com/lii-song

Here are the Glory S10 speakers:

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #896 - 08/20/22 at 02:20:08

In October the HR2 came out but we were too busy to produce it.  This is why we took on another wood guru to build the 1800 bases for our amplifiers so our 20 year wood guru, Bob Ziegler, can build speakers again : )

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #897 - 08/20/22 at 02:40:10

And then there was this:

The Decware 88dB House Speakers using flagship Scanspeak Drivers for the purpose of having something suitable to demo the Zen TORII Mono's with.  

You can read about it here: https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1637209185/0#0

(The entire read will blow your mind...)

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #898 - 08/20/22 at 02:43:36

That pretty much took care of the rest of 2021.  I'll do 2022 in another post : )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #899 - 08/20/22 at 03:54:49

Quote:
(The entire read will blow your mind...)

It did! I admire your patience with that one. Or, stubbornness Wink

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print