04/19/24 at 09:44:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Shunyata Videos (Read 8552 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

New Shunyata Videos
08/20/14 at 09:08:29

These were just put up on their website very recently.  I found these quite interesting.  Especially the ones below on their DTCD technology and CCI Primary Source of System Noise.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: New Shunyata Videos
Reply #1 - 06/01/15 at 09:57:04

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I caught something interesting on YouTube about Shunyata power cables.  Although it is not an actual video from Shunyata, but just a guy testing the AC noise in his outlets, I thought this the most appropriate thread to post it in.

Click here as when I try to direct post it another video shows up for some reason.

What this guy does is hooks up an ENTECH AC analyzer into his AC outlet that gives a percentage readout and even the sound of the noise you have in your AC line (it's pretty ugly on both counts).

He then inserts an MIT power cable into the same AC outlet and the percentage and noise goes up considerably at 99%. (That's just by sticking a power cable into his socket with nothing attached to the other end.)

Then he connects a Shunyata Alpha HC and from 102 went below 22% and the noise from the AC outlet was dead silent.

It's pretty cool IMO ... just by plugging the Shunyata PC into the same socket presents a dramatic drop in noise (with nothing else attached on the other end).  It's a great intro video that can show that a properly designed cable can actually filter noise to a good degree just by being plugged into the socket and that's not even taking into account what it can do for the actual component that it's plugged into.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 06/01/15 at 16:40:55

I must have missed this last year. I'll have to watch it when I'm out of work later tonight and see what I think!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/02/15 at 01:50:24

Yes, I would like to hear your thoughts on it and anybody else's for that matter.

I found it quite interesting and a test that could easily be done by anybody with an Entech type of analyzer device and a couple different power cables to test with.

2 cables that I know of (that are actually designed to reduce noise) are Shunyata and Wireworld - at least that is how they are marketed.  So it would be interesting to see this in a shootout of some sort compared to stock and other "supposedly" better cables out there. Cool

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 06/02/15 at 02:41:17

Haven't seen the videos yet, just getting out of work now. But I have a Wireworld...something, and Palomino has an AC-12.

beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/02/15 at 06:49:36

Lonely Raven wrote on 06/02/15 at 02:41:17:
Haven't seen the videos yet, just getting out of work now. But I have a Wireworld...something, and Palomino has an AC-12.

Perhaps that's something that you can do for your next CDApS meeting?  The Entech Wideband Noise Analyzer is about $40 bucks used on eBay.

There is also a company called Blue Horizon who makes an even more in depth analyzer called the Mains Noise Analyser, but with the same concept and seriously more expensive at $711.  Marja & Henk did a review for 6 moons and this thing happened to even pick up radio stations just by being plugged into a wall socket.  They also happened to have a PS Audio PPP and P10 available that showed unexpected results ... I guess PS Audio don't use any filtering (just regeneration) so noise did show with the P10 (not with the PPP though interesting enough Undecided), which also coincides with what C. Gabiel's philosophy as he has always been saying that regenerators by themselves add noise so that's why they don't use them in Shunyata products.

So it would be interesting to see what happens if you conducted your own tests as you also have a P10 and/or access to a PPP right?  I would take a reading with the Entech plugged into the wall outlet, then unplug it and plug the P10 into the wall and then the Entech into the P10 and see what the readings are.  The 6 moons results could just be a fluke of sorts, but if the P10 introduces noise then it would be of benefit to possibly use cables that filter noise like the Shunyata or Wireworld.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/02/15 at 07:15:09

Here's another YouTube video of the Entech Wideband Noise Analyzer with a PS Audio PPP. It's in Spanish, but self explanatory.

He tries the analyzer in a handful of power strips and a transformer type of device all with poor results and it sounds as if he is picking up radio stations on his line as well.  Then he plugs it into the PPP and dead silence.  So this coincides with Marja & Henk's review that the PPP was doing some sort of filtering.  So perhaps the PPP regenerates and then filters?  But we know that the P10 doesn't filter per McGowan's own remarks to Marja & Henk?

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #7 - 06/02/15 at 19:28:50

I almost bought some of those noise analizers a few years ago when I got my DirectStream and started working on my power. Monster Cable used to make one they gave to reps or something - they pop up on eBay, and have some extra features.

I'm personally more interested in that Ideal line analyzer in the first Video! That's awesome! It looks like there is a Chinese knock-off of the Ideal circuit analyzer for $93 I can get on eBay. It would help me measure my circuit improvements...man I wish I had this two years ago! I'm going to see how much I have in the bank after paying bills, and see if I can swing this Chinese line analyzer.

beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 06/02/15 at 20:50:53

I think both YouTube videos (the one about the Shunyata PC and PS Audio PPP) use the same "Entech Wideband Powerline Noise Analyzer".  Although the one in Spanish looks as if it was from Monster.

The Entechs are $60 new and est. $30-40 used.  I've become fascinated with this and just purchased one.  It should be here in a couple days, I have a few cables from Decware and Bolder and want to test them.  I also have a Monster power unit that I want to get a reading from.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 06/04/15 at 01:50:05

Received my Entech unit today, bought the used one off eBay.  Looking forward to playing with some cables although other than the Decware, Bolder and Jellyfish I don't have any that are marketed as being able to filter noise like the WW or Shunyta.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print