Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:52:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to Decware looking for phono pre amp. (Read 4216 times)
Dr.Tube
Verified Member

New to Decware looking for phono pre amp.
07/28/14 at 01:05:38

Just found Decware.com and seeing I'm looking to upgrade my phono pre amp the ZP3 is high on my list, the Decware amps in general look fantastic. I use a Music Reference Rm10 for my front speakers, Focal 836w. My choices are a Pro Ject  tube box DS. Or Music reference c4+. Or of course the ZP3. Current TT is Pro Ject carbon with a Sumiko blue pt #2 my current phono amp is a Bellari vp130. Anybody have experience with these other phono pre amps?  Looking to call Decware tomorrow. Thanks guys for any input you my have.  

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Re: New to Decware looking for phono pre amp.
Reply #1 - 07/28/14 at 15:08:30

If the Tube box DS is just the Tube box S with an big dial on it for different cart settings then it`s not going to get anywhere near the ZP3. I still have my old Tube box S. Reminds me of another day and thats all, so I wont rubbish it, it did a job. The ZP3 is a reality check.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
attym
Verified Member

Re: New to Decware looking for phono pre amp.
Reply #2 - 07/29/14 at 14:24:23

I'm not going to be a lot of help since I haven't used the phono stages you mentioned... however, I have listened to other well regarded phono stages and I can tell you, the ZP3 is magical.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print