Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 17:35:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monotlith Base Options ... (Read 7303 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Monotlith Base Options ...
07/24/14 at 02:29:58

I was just wondering if the Monolith bases can be veneered to match the speakers?  I think that would look pretty cool!

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Monotlith Base Options ...
Reply #1 - 07/24/14 at 07:14:11

Beo,

I was thinking of going the other way, and painting my DM945s black to match the companion cabinets. Just a thought.

Randy

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/25/14 at 00:50:09

I could see that as an option.  What else would be cool was painting both the speakers and stands piano gloss white.  I would never try it myself though as I'm not much of a painter.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 07/25/14 at 16:08:47

Yeah, gloss anything takes work. I remember in the early days of Decware, we had long debates on how to reproduce piano black for the DIY subwoofers we were all building. Ahh those were the days. LOL

If you're serious about having those horn-bases veneer matched, I'd call Steve and see if the shop that builds them could handle that. I know Zygi could handle veneer work like that, but I don't think he has anything to do with these builds.

I so wish Zygi was here in Illinois, I'd so be apprenticing at his shop. LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/29/14 at 00:13:18

I wasn't aware that Zygi wasn't involved with the bases.  It may be tough veneer matching speakers with bases from another builder.  I imagine though that something could be coordinated prior to build.  Such as ordering a pair of speakers and ship the bases to Zygi and have him complete the veneering if that were an option.

I could see this getting time consuming and adding expense of shipping, etc. though.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 07/29/14 at 17:23:53

Again, call to verify, but the speakers might not be coming from Zygi's shop either. He's doing the radial speakers for sure, but I'm not sure he does the Monoliths. I could be totally wrong but I thought I overheard that.

If I'm right, that could make this a lot easier for you to get what you want, assuming they can veneer the stands.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #6 - 07/29/14 at 23:13:15

Eric you would be correct, they are done by a production shop in Cali.

They could be done as a custom I would think.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print