04/16/24 at 17:09:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
6N1P-EV & Torii MK3 (Read 6327 times)
RJR
Seasoned Member

6N1P-EV & Torii MK3
07/10/14 at 18:39:23

Was wondering if anyone has used 6N1P-EV (these are from Cryoset) in their Torii MK3 amp?  

I have Zu Omen Def speakers and the MK3 for over a year now and have been tube rolling trying to improve the sound as much as possible.  I listen to digital through Squeezebox Classic and LP's on a Music Hall MMF5.1.  I have to admit that most of the LP's sound better than digital.  I also think some music is recorded well and some music isn't.

Back to the 6N1P-EV.  I definitely have to raise the volume more than I did with 6DJ8.  No problem.  The sound does seem better and most of the bass is tight, yet I am getting even more bass.  Almost boomy. Is this normal with these tubes?  Is there a break in with these tubes?

I am always looking for ways to improve the sound and I do enjoy digital, but I have not found a reasonably priced alternative to the Squeezebox.  I like it because it is wireless.

I also wish that I new audiophiles in the Hampton Roads VA area so that I can hear and compare components.  Doing all of this by trial-and-error can be tedious and $$$.

Thanks

IP Logged
Jason

Re: 6N1P-EV & Torii MK3
Reply #1 - 07/11/14 at 05:01:10

Yes I used them quite a bit and liked them over the 6922 or 6dj8.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/11/14 at 11:40:33

I used them in my MKIII and they sounded fine.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/10/16 at 18:34:27

Hey RJR This is my first post so I am not able to pm you but I live in Williamsburg. Shoot me an email... bryantdrew@gmail.com

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Hovland HP100->Torii mkIV
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print