Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 08:04:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jack White - The Lazaretto ULTRA LP (Read 3500 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Jack White - The Lazaretto ULTRA LP
06/12/14 at 20:39:13

For you vinyl fans out there ... have you seen this?  Jack White and Thirdman records have did some pretty fun stuff for this record that I've never seen done on vinly before.  Check out the record here.

- 180 gram vinyl

- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels

- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record

- Side A plays from the outside in

- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song

- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record

- Both sides end with locked grooves

- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format

- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record

- Different running order from the CD/digital version

- LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

Anyways, check out the video when you get a chance (even those who aren't into vinyl will probably get a kick out of it)!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Jack White - The Lazaretto ULTRA LP
Reply #1 - 06/12/14 at 22:11:22

I did not know of any of that. I know he loves Vinyl, but didn't know how much till this post! LOL

Is this his latest release? I have it, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet since it was released.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/12/14 at 22:13:21

Yes, it came out on June 10, 2014.  Did you get the vinyl or digital?  I don't know if there are several versions, I think there is also a box set of some sort.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 06/13/14 at 00:10:48

I just got his web release (FLAC) download. I don't have any vinyl playback at all...not since about '92 or so.

Though the Keith Jarrett article I just read has me wondering about that laser playback system. I didn't think they were still making those, and Keith seems to like it.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print