Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 23:37:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Audiophile Requirements (Read 2188 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Audiophile Requirements
06/12/14 at 17:22:25

It's like anything else. You gotta meet some unspoken standards to be in the 'club.' Way back then, they knew who you were. You showed up at the club on time. You talked the talk, and without a moments notice corrected others that were misinformed. But now, you really have little idea of who is who. For example, I am sure that I don't pass the audiophile bar. It isn't about the equipment. That's covered. And the music, check. And when I listen, it just has to be right. So what's the gap, you ask? Unlike most of this elite group, I listen maybe once or twice a month. Yup, when I was young, everyday was a listening session in my home. Music was always playing. I have no explanation for this and it doesn't bother me. It's just an observation. I hope they don't make me turn in my ring.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Audiophile Requirements
Reply #1 - 06/12/14 at 19:48:44

I was just going to post how I don't like the Us and Them sort of thing...but then I realized that's a lie. At the Axpona audio show, I felt like there was the old farts with more money than sense, the young hipsters with their hot girlfriends, then me and Palomino. Yes, we are in a class all to ourselves.   Grin

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print