Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:52:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is a good budget interconnect for Decware? (Read 5413 times)
KobeeDog

What is a good budget interconnect for Decware?
05/29/14 at 01:14:15

Hey gang,

I have a CSP2+ feeding into a Cary Rocket-88. Thinking about upgrading my current RCA IC's.

What attributes do you guys recommend as a good cable to run from Decware pre-amps? Anything in particular to look for? Anything in particular to avoid?

Thanks.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: What is a good budget interconnect for Decware?
Reply #1 - 05/29/14 at 01:39:31

The Decware Silver Reference are good cables for this purpose. I haven't tried the copper Decware cables, but I've moved from silver to silver and copper combined in one IC and I think these days I might prefer the copper Decware ICs. . .worth looking in to.

For me it's about finding an IC that will have a touch of forgiveness in the high end. This helps me enjoy more of my source material. That's why I moved to both silver and copper and in another system copper ICs. I find that all silver CAN have this forgiveness but at a budget level. . . not as consistently as copper.

I ended up falling for the VooDoo Cable "Evolution" line when I bought a used pair and they were just better than anything else I had heard. I went to all VooDoo, but it wasn't a budget move!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 05/29/14 at 13:30:16

Steve uses the new, more inexpensive copper ICs in the shop - they sound good to me.

I too splurged and got the silver interconnects. They were a little harsh at first, but mellowed out quickly. I'd heard this is an attribute of silver and was honestly surprised it was so apparent.

If I were on a budget, I'd be fine with the copper interconnects - Steve is pretty detail oriented, and he wouldn't offer the copper ICs if they weren't at least good.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/29/14 at 13:32:57

Initial harshness burned in and away, I had these for years. As my power and front end improved, and especially since the HR-1 and ERR speakers hit the system, the Reference were revealed to be just not quite right for me and my system, so I moved to other interconnects--it amazes me how much power and interconnect cabling can make a difference in a system with clean power and the revealing nature of Decware components and speakers and excellent sounce componentts, blows my mind to hear the differences sometimes.  But as a budget cable the Silver Reference are hard to beat. (MAC made some very good cables also, which in fact I prefer and at times were available cheaper, but they are out of business).

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/29/14 at 19:09:59

FWIW, I originally had Signal Cable copper budget interconnects.  Analog 2 version I think.  

I tried Steve's silver interconnects and it was a night and day difference.  The copper sounded dull in comparison and had a smaller soundstage.  

I did have the Signal Cable on a secondary system, but just didn't like them so upgraded on that system to Steve's silver interconnects as well.

I have not tried Steve's copper versions.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/13/14 at 07:15:17

Depends what you call budget. But if you are handy, the VHAudio Silver recipe ICs cost you for parts, but they are really beautiful cables to me. I used the Eichmann gold plated RCAs for mine. They are the only ICs I have tried that I don't really hear. I just hear open and fresh music....not pushed, not lean, not bright, not dark....just right here. I agree with Lon, some of the MAC cables are quite neutral and musical. If you can find some used, they can be very nice cables and pretty inexpensive.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #6 - 06/21/14 at 15:25:21

Parts Express has had these RCA cables on sale for quite a while now:

http://www.parts-express.com/belkin-digital-coaxial-cable-rca-rca-6-ft--249-168

For the price, I'm not sure you can beat them.  I ordered a couple pair and then ordered 10 more once I saw (and heard) how good they are.  Biggest difference was in the DAC to preamp connection...I had been getting tell tale "digital" noises from somewhere (went away when I disconnected the wireless Ethernet connection/antenna) and these cables totally eliminated that problem.  Don't be afraid of them being sold as "for digital devices", they work just fine for analog sources as well.

Dan

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print