04/18/24 at 20:18:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HT sub (Read 577 times)
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

HT sub
05/08/14 at 21:56:02

So which Decware sub would be good for home theater?
I have two 10" powered subs now and would like to go lower. I was looking at the Housewrecker but like to know what you guys recommend. The room is 16' x 16' or so.
Thanks,
John

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: HT sub
Reply #1 - 05/09/14 at 00:36:05

How low are you looking to go, and how much you looking to spend?

For example, my 21" Maelstrom X (unfortunately no longer made) goes down to 15hz before it starts to drop off. I can still hit 100db at 10hz.

I'll be building a new (sealed) box with a pair of 18" to add more pressure to the home theater and balance out the bass throughout the room. The company that makes my new 18s also makes a new 24", but it's about $1k just for the driver. You'd still need to build the box and buy an amp to drive it.

From Steve's lineup, I'd probably go Imperial SO or Housewrecker. If I  remember correctly, the Imperial seemed faster, but the 'wrecker went deeper. I could be wrong on that. I've never built them myself, just heard either Steve's or variants others have built.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/09/14 at 13:24:49

LR,
That is always the question with the reply of the lowest for the least amount. Wink

Atually I would like to hit about 15hz or close to it. The SO would be great but they are too big. These need to sit next to my stands and TV. I would like to make two of them for stereo. I was looking at the Housewrecker but could not find out how low they go. Right now at the top of the list are two housewreckers with Dayton 15" Titanic subs. You think that would get me to 15hz?
Or do you know of any other types, folded horn designs, that would work?

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/09/14 at 18:36:45

Well looking at the design a little more I think I will be good to go with just one HWK with 2 Titanics inside.
Anyone use one of these for home theater?

IP Logged
ann chriss
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/07/17 at 12:24:40

thanks all

IP Logged
Raymond36

Reply #5 - 05/14/21 at 06:21:38

keep sharing this type of info.

IP Logged