Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 15:12:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
One thing leads to another...... (Read 4235 times)
Syd
Seasoned Member

One thing leads to another......
05/07/14 at 15:04:26

Thought I`d drop this in as it came as a surprise.
Daft idea to try using the bi-wiring option on my ML`s by just connecting different type cables onto the existing ones amp outputs and just connecting up to the 2nd set of sp inputs. Result ; an EL34 failure on my bridged Rachaels. Scrubbed that idea and got back to normal. Then later there was an intermittent cut out on the right channel. To remedy it I found I had to touch and jiggle a little the i/c on the CSP2+ pre out. Must be the i/c I thought as they were a bit stretched because I use  1/2 and  1 metre i/c`s to join up to the Rachaels, either side. No big deal I thought, it only happens every couple of days. This is all 9 months ago

So, reel forward, the ZP3 and CSP2+ go in for the jupiter caps. They come back.
I`m looking at the pre/outs on the CSP2+ and one of the black marker lines is missing. Hm, whats occuring ? When I look at the invoice it lists
1 pot replaced cost $0 !
No more channel probs.
I`m thinking how did he find it ?
Now thats thorough !

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: One thing leads to another......
Reply #1 - 05/13/14 at 15:58:44

Yeah, they do thoroughly test them. I've stopped by while testing is going on, and the guys really pay attention when even a niggle of something doesn't seem right.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print