Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 20:48:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i just bought a new torii!?!?!?!? (Read 7676 times)
roggae
Seasoned Member

i just bought a new torii!?!?!?!?
04/29/14 at 19:11:02

so i'm pretty stoked.  i've had the mini torii for a few years, but have decided try another amp.  what can i expect to notice right off the bat?  my current system is rega p3-24 with the groove tracer sublatter upgrade into a jolida jd 9 feeding into the mini torii feeding a pair of zu audio omens...i use a dynavector 10x5.

pretty excited!

Cheesy

IP Logged
jsm71
Seasoned Member

Re: i just bought a new torii!?!?!?!?
Reply #1 - 05/05/14 at 15:25:13

Congrats on the upgrade!  I did a Decware upgrade from the the Torii to the ZMA, so my experience is a little different.  You should notice however that immediately you will have more power and control, but it likely won't sound as good right out of the box.

If you have had the MT for a couple of years it has probably settled in nicely.  You will be back to living through break in again.  It should be worth the wait however.  By the time my ZMA was ready for pickup my Torii had gotten very nice sounding.  I was a little reluctant to give that up but the ZMA eclipsed the Torii's sound pretty quickly.  You should have a similar experience.

Decware ZMA, Cary SLP-98P preamp, JansZen zA2.1 speakers with JansZen speaker cables, Marantz TT 15S1 turntable, Lyra Delos MC with Bobs Devices SUT, Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD player, Morrow level 4 ICs, Decware and Shunyata PCs.
  IP Logged
roggae
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/28/14 at 04:47:37

right off the bat this amp sounds fantastic.  it really is the last amp i'll ever want.  the only problem is i want o listen to it all night long but i have to work tomorrow!

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/29/14 at 15:19:04

Listen all night, who needs sleep.  ;D

IP Logged
classical
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/24/18 at 17:28:47

I have owned one of the early little zen 84s for around 20 years, and I have loved it. But I managed to get my hands on a pre-owned MkIV--and knowing that Decware amps have the terrible commercial failing of indestructibility, I upgraded. And I've just started it up, playing van Nevel's Utopia Triumphans--renaissance choral. What can I say? It has literally brought me to tears. I know I sound like a groupie, but seriously, this is a cd I love, and it's as though I've never heard it before.

Of course, I can now hear the failings of other components, but I figure that a truly zen way of approaching this would be to upgrade slowly, piece by piece, so I can savor the improvement each time. I had thought I would have to start with speakers, but now that I hear it, I can tell that I need a new source. So I guess I'll have to scour these forums for recommendations. Anyway, just had to share, and I figured people on this forum would understand.--cheers

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/25/18 at 21:48:22

Great news classical. "brought me to tears" says so much!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print