Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:09:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Klipsch RF-7 II Speakers (Read 2525 times)
EL Capitan
Verified Member

Klipsch RF-7 II Speakers
04/28/14 at 17:46:51

Hi All,

I currently have a pair of Klipsch RF-3 II speakers connected to my TorII MK4 and really enjoy the sound.

I'm curious if any of the forum members use the RF-7 II speakers.  I really don't need to upgrade, but heck, I didn't need to upgrade my amp either!  ;)

Thanks in advance,
Cap

TorII MK4, ZP3, Silver Reference IC's, Marantz SA-8004, Rega TT, DM 947 Monoliths with the Tori, Stacked NLA Advents with the Marantz 2285B
  IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Re: Klipsch RF-7 II Speakers
Reply #1 - 05/03/14 at 15:08:34

I have a pair of the original RF-7's now for about 12 years. These are large speakers (their size is part of the reason for the very high 101 db efficiency rating). The high efficiency provides loud listening levels in my 16x22 foot living room with large openings into other parts of the house. I'm driving them with a Super Zen.

These speakers need room to breathe. The front of my speakers are approx 4 feet out from the front wall. With the Super Zen these speakers disappear and provide a wide sweet spot, but you need a big enough room to allow for ideal speaker placement.

These speakers are very detailed allowing one to hear even very subtle changes to upstream components. This is very useful when tweaking the system.

They can sound sharp and grainy depending on the upstream components (especially with some solid state amps). This is not a fault of the speaker but rather a strength IMO. The Super Zen and Oppo combination I use really sound good.

With only 2 watts driving them the RF-7's alone do not produce live levels of bass. I use the HSU Mid Bass Module in combination to achieve a great low end at all volume levels.

I suggest you consider a Mid Bass Module to go with you RF-3's first. You will be surprised how much more power and soundstage are added for the dollars invested.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1360355711/0#0

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
EL Capitan
Verified Member

Re: Klipsch RF-7 II Speakers
Reply #2 - 05/07/14 at 02:58:48

Thank you for the response.  I have a Klipsch sub KSW-12 that I used in my HT setup.  IMO, it didn't provide the cleanest bass... tho maybe it would be better with this amp?

I'm not quite sure how I'd connect it to the TorII MK4 or if it's something that Decware would even recommend? Huh

TorII MK4, ZP3, Silver Reference IC's, Marantz SA-8004, Rega TT, DM 947 Monoliths with the Tori, Stacked NLA Advents with the Marantz 2285B
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print