Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 08:04:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is Anyone using Bridged Mono? (Read 11163 times)
Brian
Seasoned Member

Is Anyone using Bridged Mono?
04/15/14 at 02:07:41

A pair of these amps make 12 Watts per channel.  Has this attracted anyone here?

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Is Anyone using Bridged Mono?
Reply #1 - 04/15/14 at 03:08:43

I was talking to another forum member who was interested and ask Steve what he thought and Steve said to either go with a Torii or bridged CKCs over bridged Rachels.  I can't remember the exact reasoning but I'm fairly sure it was bang for the buck.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/15/14 at 10:03:56

Hello Brian, bridged Rachaels are what I use. The basic config controlled by the CSP2+ and fed from the ZP3. This is my slice of Decware SET  heaven and it fits together like peaches and cream. Enough tube rolling possibilities to make injun head spin, so I`m laying of rolling now I have a decent contingent. Soundwise, awesome. In a way I`m glad I havent had the opportunity to hear other Decware amps, though when you read the testimonials it does make you itch a bit   Smiley.  Doubling the power with the  bridged amps open up a new window of solid headroom. Powers my 89db stats easy. Bass extension wrings out the most of my stats medium sized but adequate woofers and is a huge feature, but so are the mid/highs. I thought the bass so powerful that it was playing my ears up but have now realised it was the noisy fan on my ageing laptop which I`ve replaced.
Cool  

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/16/14 at 22:17:09

Thank you, Marky.
I wondered in what way the sound would improve.
"More Headroom, more Bass, mid & highs in some way better."   That all seems good to me.

IP Logged
miller88

Reply #4 - 05/02/14 at 03:51:32

I just got my second one a couple of days ago and think it's great. Also using a CSP2+ but I have a Parks phono and HDT MKII. Boyfriend has a ZP3 that we compared and they sound so similar but the Parks is much quieter.

image_010.jpg

Monoblocked SE34i
CSP2+
ZP3
HDT MKII
Grover IC's and wires
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/03/14 at 11:23:01

Yes Brian, I had cause to use just one SE3 when an EL34 went down and although it just about got a tune out of my ML 89db`s and my standmount Focals fared better, but putting the other one back in was like  `Shazzam`! I`m waxing lyrical of course ( who doesn`t here   Smiley ) but thats what having the pair back in action again was like.. More `crisp`  may be a better description. Wider soundstage as well.  If you run high efficiency speakers then one SE3 may rock your boat.
Anyway, I`m all set now. I had the CSP2+ and ZP3 fitted with Jupiter caps and which has given me a more organic flow and  even more definition to those `down in the mix` details at the edges of the s/stage. Theres also something beginning to bloom at the extremities, not quite surround sound but a sort of atmosphere that promises I`m on the right track.

Great pic Miller88. Beautiful rig, turntable looks bizzy.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
bvictor
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 08/12/15 at 19:59:02

I have two Rachels and am thinking of bridging them to monos.  Do I just run a wire between the two (+) speaker terminals to bridge? Is there any need to run a wire between the (-) terminals?

Thanks!

DECWARE: SE34I.2, HDTs; CSP2, TABOO, Zen Styx, RL 1.5s; Mystery Amp, ZDAC-1, Klipsch KLF-30s; Bridged Raches with Klipsch Forte IIs and Monoliths
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/12/15 at 21:15:57

bvictor, yes just join the +ve terminals, the -ve`s are joined internally.

As I`m using made up WE16g wire I dont join the +ve`s but use all 4 sp terminals in each amp, joining + to + and - to - with the sp wire.

Hope you like the `monos` as much as I do, they have been my joy for 2 years now. I find they are very intimate and rewarding.

IP Logged
bvictor
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 08/15/15 at 02:12:11

Thanks, Syd!  I connected + to + , and - to - before I read your message.  Thanks for the confirmation.   I may remove the neatives, but figure the redundancy won't hurt.  They have only been playing about an hour, but the heft and attach is immediately apparent.  I'm excited to see them bloom with a bit of running.  Currently EL34 winged C's in one and 6CA7 in the other.  Probably will begin to roll matched sets of output tubes.  

Thanks, again!

Brian

DECWARE: SE34I.2, HDTs; CSP2, TABOO, Zen Styx, RL 1.5s; Mystery Amp, ZDAC-1, Klipsch KLF-30s; Bridged Raches with Klipsch Forte IIs and Monoliths
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print