Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 09:51:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DM945 w/box vs ZU audio Superfly? (Read 3636 times)
grillski2000
Verified Member

DM945 w/box vs ZU audio Superfly?
03/27/14 at 15:37:37

I currently use old school slightly modified Klipsch Lascalas and a sub in the middle with my Torri4 Love my setup and sound in my 16x18 X8 hardwood floor room with rugs. Was thinking about a new sound with the choices above. Still want my dynamics and Vocals what would you recommend for speakers with Soundstage size and Dynamics similar to Lascalas but cleaner sounding and better synergy in bass?

IP Logged
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

Re: DM945 w/box vs ZU audio Superfly?
Reply #1 - 04/04/14 at 07:51:17

I haven't heard the Superfly but the DM945 with the phase guide and horn cabinet combo is one of the best all around speakers I've ever heard for the money. I'm extremely satisfied with it using just my Super Zen Select to drive it. It will also save you a lot of money over the Superfly. The main advantage of the Superfly is that it can play few db louder with the right amp. Please check out my thread on the DM945/cabinet combo. What transformer do you have for your Torii? Regardless of your choice, the speakers must match your amp for optimum performance.

IP Logged
grillski2000
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/08/14 at 05:59:33

THanks Kev. I have been reading along the comments. Seems like something I'd like to check out some day. How do they differ in sound from the other Speakers like the HDT and HR1's?

IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/08/14 at 15:24:42

Quote:
I currently use old school slightly modified Klipsch Lascalas and a sub in the middle with my Torri4 Love my setup and sound in my 16x18 X8 hardwood floor room with rugs. Was thinking about a new sound with the choices above. Still want my dynamics and Vocals what would you recommend for speakers with Soundstage size and Dynamics similar to Lascalas but cleaner sounding and better synergy in bass?

I have Klipsch RF-7's, sound is similar in some ways to the Lascala's, particularly in the dynamics area. Can you expand on your comment "cleaner sounding and better synergy in the bass". If you turn your sub OFF and play music is the bass wooly and lacking definition or are you having trouble integrating the Sub with the Lacala's?

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print