Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 09:33:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ideal headphones for CSP-3? (Read 6713 times)
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Ideal headphones for CSP-3?
03/18/14 at 20:20:53

I realize this question is a bit of egg-before-the-chicken, but here goes: What are some great matching headphones for the CSP3's OTL amp? I have some low imp. Grados which simply aren't cutting the mustard. Sennheiser perhaps, but the consensus is that they are a bit too tame for rock music. Is there a particular impedance range I should be looking at?

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Re: Ideal headphones for CSP-3?
Reply #1 - 03/20/14 at 06:04:28

The product page says headphones from 32-600 Ohm. I have not used many different brands so hopefully others will chime in.

I use the AKG 702 with my CSP3, and I like it. Before that, I had the AKG 701.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/20/14 at 16:04:43

I am not a headphone expert but I don't think the CSP3 is good for low imp. headphones. I have 50 ohm modified Fostex and did not care for the sound on the CSP3. Now my headphones were a match made in heaven on the Taboo amp.

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #3 - 05/18/14 at 08:08:00

From my own experience, the Beyerdynamic T1 or DT880 work very well with the CSP3.

As long as you at paring it with a high impedance headphone ( I.e. 300 or 600 ohms), it should sound great .

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/14/15 at 23:32:45

I'm hoping for a little education/help with headphones and my CSP3.  Several years ago I bought a pair of Denon AH-D2000 headphones.  I needed closed cup HPs since I was mainly using them to watch TV after my daughter went to bed.  At the time they were receiving very good reviews and I've always thought they sounded good.  Now that I have a CSP3, I occasionally use them with that.  The Denons are only 25 ohm but I think they sound terrific.  However, I don't have anything to compare them with.  My "soundstage" does not go beyond the periphery of my head.

Can anyone describe what I should be hearing out of a really nice headphone with a good impedance match to the CSP3?  I don't anticipate going big with headphone use but since the CSP3 is such a fine amp, I don't want to be shortchanged either.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print