Send Topic Print
34I.3 Under Tweeks (Read 73153 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: 34I.3 Under Tweeks
Reply #50 - 01/17/18 at 19:13:43

Not really concerned with warranty here. I accepted that fact from the beginning 3 years ago when I bought the amp. I have done many slight mods and wouldn't have it any other way.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #51 - 02/10/18 at 07:48:29

Next step: Use a separate pre-amp with Rachel to see what might be accomplished. I am still working on the battery powered pre-amp that has not much gain, but has some unusual tone controls that I want to try out. Instead of boosting bass and treble, they trim the midrange so that the bass/treble sound louder comparatively. It will be awhile, since I am presently recapping a Carver C4000. There is always something that people send my way for such work. Customers first, then maybe me.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Panhandle Jerry
Verified Member

Reply #52 - 01/17/19 at 23:16:42

4krow,
I believe I now have your Rachael in my posession. Could you expain the switchs on each side of the input selector? I understand they only affect input 3 but not clear on what they do to input 3 and how to operate them.
Anything else I should know?
thanks!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #53 - 01/18/19 at 00:30:05

Aha! She slipped away in the night without warning. Alas, you found her. Ok, so the switches were added by me to help integrate the Rachels output with a sub that I was using at the time. The frequency is set for a rolloff at 70 hz, at 6 db per octave. IIRC, the 'on' position for these switches is toward you, and as you have probably noticed, there is a center position that is effectively a mute position, while the position most away from you is without the filter. This is the position that is most used actually.
 Also, you may have noticed that one of the sets of RCA jacks is used for sub out, but again, that is something rarely used, since, a more preferred way to use that feature is to connect to the speaker outputs and then to the sub amp.
 BTW, your new set of tubes shipped yesterday.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #54 - 01/18/19 at 00:39:50

Folks, folks, 'at ease' 'at ease', jeez.  Yes, I sold Rachel, but not as a sex slave, as rumors suggest. In a nutshell, I wanted more power, could not afford a Tori Jr., and wondered about a SS amp because of a higher damping factor to tighten bass.
 The only contender worthy of an attempt here was my old Forte' model 3 power amp. It is being rebuilt soon, and Rachel provide the needed funding. I got in touch with a retired amplifier design engineer from Sudgeon Audio, who was based in Europe, but now lives near me. Ok, so while the amp is being built, I have opted for a new inexpensive Adcom amp. What do I think? I think the engineer needs to be as quick as possible rebuilding my amp!!!

IP Logged
Panhandle Jerry
Verified Member

Reply #55 - 01/18/19 at 00:50:12

thanks for the update 4krow
what did you mean by new tubes shipping yesterday? Are you refering to joespride at audiokarma, who I bought this from?

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #56 - 01/18/19 at 01:26:32

Quote:
Are you refering to joespride at audiokarma, who I bought this from?

I think joespride is 4krow's alter ego.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #57 - 01/18/19 at 02:50:20

Jeff,

Oh no, no, I don't know of an alter ego, though I can't always account for hours of lost time. The local bank was robbed last week, but that really has nothing to do with me waking up a few days later covered in purple money.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #58 - 01/18/19 at 03:48:38

I won't say anything....    50% cut sound about right?   Cool

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print