Send Topic Print
Owner's Manuals (Read 6165 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Owner's Manuals
03/06/14 at 16:26:31

I'm just curious if there is anyone who would be interested in writing Decware owner's manuals.  I'd like to re-write all of them.  Since no two follow the same format, take what was good from each, and develop a new template that could be used to rewrite all of them.  That way there would be consistency.  Of course it would be helpful if you could spell better than I, write professionally and even illustrate.

WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Owner's Manuals
Reply #1 - 03/06/14 at 18:22:13

I'm probably not up to the level needed to write the manuals, but I'd be happy to assist with reviewing and editing. If any additional photos are needed of the ZMA, and I'm happy to assist there as well (so you can focus on building!)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/06/14 at 22:03:58

Now this is a class act! Steve is offering up to forum members the chance to help him out and improve some of his material. This should prove how in touch he is with his customers and appreciates them for any help they can offer. Not many business owners really would care that much about there customers to offer this up. My hats off to Steve I wish I was a sharp enough pencil to rewrite his manuals I certainly would take him up on his offer.
        I hope someone steps up to help Steve out!

Good luck Steve and thanks for a great product and being a caring business owner you deserve all of the success you have earned and any future success you will receive.

Hoping there are some sharper pencils in the box than LR and myself. Ha Ha!

Digger

Cool

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/06/14 at 22:35:33

I've helped with some proof-reading and suggested correcting of some website material in the past--and personally I think that is all that is really needed, I happen to really like the way the manuals are written and presented. But anything could be improved, and it's nice that Steve is asking "the faithful" for help.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/07/14 at 14:47:20

I agree, I like the manuals, though I can see how some sort of standard template could be helpful, and a little proofing. I think your graphics style is good Steve. Simple and clean with a touch of richness and sweetness...like the amps.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/07/14 at 15:11:57

I'd volunteer to help, and I'd really like to, but I just can't manage dedicated projects in my current life, my parents demand so much of my time that I need to just space out in the few hours I have for myself.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/08/14 at 18:19:39

Unless there is a need to delegate workload I see no need to change anything.  There has never been a problem finding answers to any of my questions in all of the existing manuals.

Who among us can spell as well as a female person? Cool

Dennis

IP Logged
Rizlaw
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/16/14 at 17:57:58

Steve,

I just found this post. You can add me to the list of volunteers. My degrees are not in EE, but, I believe my writing skills qualify for the job at hand. In the past, I also wrote a few aquarium product installation manuals for friends of mine who operate a marine equipment supply business.

I have the time.

Schiit Yggdrasil/ZBIT / Zen Switch Box / CSP3 / Taboo III UFO/ Omega SAMs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print