Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 17:32:09 

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print
PS Audio about to ... (Read 76380 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

PS Audio about to ...
02/14/14 at 02:08:24

In McGowan's own words ..."shake up the world of high-end audio.  In a big way."

Hmmm, I bet it's not the class D amp they scrapped Grin

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: PS Audio about to ...
Reply #1 - 02/14/14 at 03:07:07

Yeah, I was reading that. With my luck, it's a new P10 that's half the price and twice the features. LOL

Since the P3 and Power Base are on sale, I'm thinking it's something power related.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/14/14 at 04:08:01

Well in the comments on his website he mentioned that is was slightly more expensive than the P10 so I think you're safe on the cheaper aspect Grin

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/15/14 at 06:17:25

I'm thinking this might be a new PerfectWave DAC MK III with DSD capabilities that can stream over a network.  In an email exchange with them a year or so ago they said that one was in the works.

Today I listened to DSD files playing through the AURALiC VEGA DAC and it is the best digital I've heard to date.

Of course they were hooked up to a pair of Rogue Audio Apollo Mono Blocks, Vandersteen 5aCarbon Speakers, Shunyata Triton/Typhon Power Distributor and all cables were Shunyata's garden hose sized ΞTRON cables. Grin

Me and my son were drooling for a half hour or so, but when we got home and played our new records through our little Decware, Omega and Rega kit (at a fraction of the cost) we were almost there.

My point is that the DSD itself was awesome ... I really liked that DAC A LOT!  And other than the PWD MK II it's the first DAC (that I've heard) that I liked better than the Rega DAC I have (there's something about that little Rega DAC that's very musical to me, but I can see DSD in my future ... I'm hoping this format catches on more predominantly).

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 02/16/14 at 02:50:58

I play DSD through my Oppo - I really like these files. I just wish the albums were $40 each.

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 02/18/14 at 21:32:16

I don't think it's a new PWD. I think it may be the Digital Lens finally. We'll see.

No wait a minute, that should be cheaper than a P10.

Don't know. Almost afraid to find out.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/18/14 at 21:48:24

What's the thing here with McGowan and ps audio.? Neither the name or the products are well known here up north

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #7 - 02/18/14 at 21:53:59

Well, Paul has been talking about the digital lens for a while...judging from what you just said, Lon, I guess they never had it out, or incorporated into any gear?

From what Paul's said in his little blog, he made it sound like the gear has had this feature for years, or maybe *could have* had it.

Regardless, I don't think you could do the lens by itself, it sounded like the lens was *part* of the DAC, the final step before it goes analog in fact.

That said, Paul mentioned that if listening to different sources sounded *different* (same source media, just different "source"), then maybe he'd have to investigate further, and he might have to delay the release of the new product - or at least hinted at that. If the digital lens were working perfectly, the media file from USB, HDMI, NAS, whatever, should all sound exactly the same - but it's not.

4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #8 - 02/18/14 at 22:06:44

nO, I think that it is a new amp that he has been working on forever. He didn't like something about and went back to the drawing board. It is SS, no surprise, but i don't recall much else.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 02/19/14 at 00:02:21

Jeff, I believe you are right: it's probably that N-Core amp he was working on. Not sure that is going to set the world on fire.

Eric, yeah the Digital Lens used to be a separate component put out by. . .Genesis Technology.

http://www.stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/824/

Paul was involved in that. It could easily be put out as a standalone product and he has said that he intends to but it hasn't. Instead it was incorporated into the PerfectWave Transport and then into the Mark II version of the PerfectWave DAC--just the jitter elimination aspect, not the "resolution enhancement" function. It makes a noticeable difference and is a big reason why I bought the PWT and PWD combo and then upgraded to the Mark II version (and then bought another Duo for my second system. It's not going to make "all formats sound the same" but it does reduce jitter tremendously and does make digital sound wonderful.

When the Genesis Technology items come up for sale they disappear in a heartbeat. One of the Decware forum demigods Smiley Randy in Caintuck used one forever and a day and probably still does, probably will have to pry it from his cold dead hands. I don't need one as I have the Duo, but a stand-alone Lens would be an excellent prodcut to come out with for PS Audio.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 02/19/14 at 06:24:38

He scrapped the Class D amp and went with Class A MOSFET ... Maybe the new one is ready ~ so you could be right there.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #11 - 02/19/14 at 15:35:03

Yeah, he said the Preamp portion was ready, but the Class-D amp portion was not sounding good.

I can't imagine the amp being that revolutionary...unless maybe it has a digital lens built in. LOL

4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #12 - 02/19/14 at 18:43:15

It would be a revelation to hear SS component sound as good TO ME  as a well made tubed component. I am impressed however, with how good some of the SS equipment does sound. Wonder if Paul would ever go to a hybred concept.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 02/24/14 at 12:47:41

Slightly more insight on the new PS Audio product launch.  A product that will help us get more out of those shiny discs...

http://www.pstracks.com/pauls-posts/buried-treasure/13362/

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14 - 02/24/14 at 14:11:15

I think this hype is leading up to the launch of the Digital Lens. That's my guess.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #15 - 02/24/14 at 15:15:37

LOL, you guys beat me to it, I was just about to post this as well:

"We’ve spent the last 100 years of vinyl reproduction perfecting the art of pulling music out of those grooves.  We’re getting pretty good at it.

After 30 years of trying to do the same from the shiny silver discs, we’re getting better.

But there’s a lot of music buried in those little silver discs you’ve not yet heard.

You have a library full of buried treasure.

And soon you’ll have a treasure map that will unlock those secrets.

I am guessing right around March 1."

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16 - 02/24/14 at 16:05:41

Lon wrote on 02/24/14 at 14:11:15:
I think this hype is leading up to the launch of the Digital Lens. That's my guess.

I keep forgetting he has said it will have a big price tag. So no idea, but from his hype I'd say it has a digital lens inside.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #17 - 02/24/14 at 16:33:34

Yeah, if that "more than the P10" thing is to be believed...ouch that hurts.

I'd really like to see what they next step is. Maybe CD Transport/DAC/Digital Lens in one - if it was a universal Disc player like my Oppo, I'd seriously consider it!

4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #18 - 02/24/14 at 17:11:37

Technology should go as far as it can help us, but no further.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 02/24/14 at 21:40:55

Quote:
LR said,
Yeah, if that "more than the P10" thing is to be believed...ouch that hurts.

I'd really like to see what they next step is. Maybe CD Transport/DAC/Digital Lens in one - if it was a universal Disc player like my Oppo, I'd seriously consider it!

Yes, a Universal Disc Player/DAC/Digital Lens all in one would certainly be a great product.  I just couldn't see paying $5000 for a CD player this day and age, or a company putting that much effort for a stand alone CD player since the sales of CD's have steadily declined since late 2000.

Although I know there are probably a lot of guys that still use CD's, but I'm not one of them.  Besides about 50 CD's, I'm all about vinyl and hi-res digital downloads ... I just skipped over the CD phase altogether.

What sounds interesting and coming up is the HDMI DACs that are able to de-embed the uncompressed LPCM 24.96K as 2.0, 5.1, or 7.1 soundtracks, ‘derived’ from the DTS MasterHD soundtrack but not requiring DTS decoding (which is essentially hi-res PCM).  DACs like the HDACC HDMI/USB DAC can do this, as well as the Oppo with some tweaking in the settings.

There is going to be support for this through Universal and a lot of titles are on the way.

Hopefully PS Audio is on this bandwagon!

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 02/25/14 at 01:49:11

Quote:
Yes, a Universal Disc Player/DAC/Digital Lens all in one would certainly be a great product.  I just couldn't see paying $5000 for a CD player this day and age, or a company putting that much effort for a stand alone CD player since the sales of CD's have steadily declined since late 2000.

Although I know there are probably a lot of guys that still use CD's, but I'm not one of them.  Besides about 50 CD's, I'm all about vinyl and hi-res digital downloads ... I just skipped over the CD phase altogether.

I hear you. It better not be a CDP. What would they say to all the PWT/PWD owners out there?

All I have ever known are CDs. I ditched tapes a while ago, and I have never owned a record. Sad, I know.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 02/25/14 at 03:15:24

Agree ... for those who don't know ... Universal is going to be releasing a lot of titles:

From Universal:

Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs: No Compression, No Compromise.  Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs Offer True High-Resolution 24-bit/96kHz Audiophile Sound.

Universal Music Group has gone back to the original master tapes to deliver fully uncompressed, high-resolution versions of many of your favorite albums on Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc. Mastered at 24bit/96kHz, Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs deliver the sound the artists originally heard in the studio when these classic albums were recorded. These discs provide all the recorded musical information. While convenient due to their small file size, today’s heavily compressed music files do not represent the true fidelity of the original album.

•     Recordings are transferred from the original master tapes and delivered in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio

•     No compression is utilized, and the sound quality is vastly superior to MP3 or standard CD

•     Three separate choices of audio file format for playback: PCM 2.0, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 available where noted)

•     Your preferred audio format is chosen either by pressing the "Audio" button on your Blu-ray remote or via your onscreen menu display

Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs:

Audio is taken from the original master tapes and mastered in 24-bit/96kHz resolution with a choice of three sound formats: PCM, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio. You can finally enjoy the music in the fidelity originally experienced in the studio.  

I'm looking forward to grabbing some of these titles.  John Darko of Digital Audio Review reviewed Essence's HDMI DAC you can read it here: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/02/blu-ray-audio-with-the-essence-hdacc-p...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 02/25/14 at 03:21:11

I have three of these Pure Music Blu-Ray Audio discs. The John Coltrane, the Miles Davis and the Louis Armstrong/Ella Fitzgerald. They sound pretty good. . . but the SACD of A Love Supreme (either one) sounds better imo for example, so I'm not exactly bowled over.

It's all about the mastering, and some of these aren't exceptional.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 02/25/14 at 04:30:57

Quote:
Lon said,
I have three of these Pure Music Blu-Ray Audio discs. The John Coltrane, the Miles Davis and the Louis Armstrong/Ella Fitzgerald. They sound pretty good. . . but the SACD of A Love Supreme (either one) sounds better imo for example, so I'm not exactly bowled over.

It's all about the mastering, and some of these aren't exceptional.

Hi Lon, what are using to decode them?  Its my understanding that not every Blu-Ray can play these (although I could be wrong on that).

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 02/25/14 at 11:10:01

You're not right there, they are made to play in any Blu-ray player, or at least they play in my US region player. I am using a Denon DCD-A100.

The only thing really special about them is that they can be played and started easily without a monitor.

It's all about the mastering. The three that I have sound pretty darned good, but as I say I think one of the SACDs is better for the Coltrane. Though the price for both are about the same, and the Blu-ray does have additional material (which I also have in Redbook). Overall this has led me to the conclusion that SACD may offer better sound, at least in my system (though both the Blu-ray player and the SACD player in the system are Denon 100th Anniversary products and excellent, the SACD is more a dedicated and less a universal player, and I think has a better analog output section) but I would need more comparisons to be definitive. I somehow don't think they will be releasing a lot of jazz titles in this series, and so I'm not really that excited. . . that is the genre I buy the most of.

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 02/25/14 at 19:42:07

Had a brief discussion with a friend regarding the PS Audio announcement and we think it could be the PS Audio PerfectWave Master Clock.

-Master Clocks exist as a product category (typically with very high end digital front ends or studio equipment (e.g. Apogee Big Ben)
-The clock would be a PW line extension and wouldn’t replace either the PW Transport or DAC.
-Previous claims made about master clocks include improved imaging, better resolution of detail and music with more control, authority and power
-There has been a lot of discussion about timing and jitter on the PS Audio forums that could indicate a new device that offers significant improvement in this area

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #26 - 02/25/14 at 20:18:11

Quite possible. Good guess.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 02/26/14 at 01:42:35

Quote:
Lon said,
You're not right there, they are made to play in any Blu-ray player, or at least they play in my US region player. I am using a Denon DCD-A100.

The only thing really special about them is that they can be played and started easily without a monitor.

Yes you're right there ... any Blu-Ray player can play them, but only players with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio can decode the true hi-res Master Tape Soundtracks buried within the disc.  I'm not sure if these are standard formats on most players at this point in time or not.

But I wholly agree about the Mastering making all the difference though. Cool

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 02/26/14 at 02:06:51

Quote:
Posted by: Dave1210      Posted on: Today at 11:42:07
Had a brief discussion with a friend regarding the PS Audio announcement and we think it could be the PS Audio PerfectWave Master Clock.

-Master Clocks exist as a product category (typically with very high end digital front ends or studio equipment (e.g. Apogee Big Ben)
-The clock would be a PW line extension and wouldn’t replace either the PW Transport or DAC.
-Previous claims made about master clocks include improved imaging, better resolution of detail and music with more control, authority and power
-There has been a lot of discussion about timing and jitter on the PS Audio forums that could indicate a new device that offers significant improvement in this area

Would the Master Clock go between the PWT and PWD?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #29 - 02/26/14 at 02:26:23

beowulf wrote on 02/26/14 at 01:42:35:
Yes you're right there ... any Blu-Ray player can play them, but only players with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio can decode the true hi-res Master Tape Soundtracks buried within the disc.  I'm not sure if these are standard formats on most players at this point in time or not.

But I wholly agree about the Mastering making all the difference though. Cool

But they all have an uncompressed PCM track that all players should be able to decode. And very few of these have 5.1 tracks, and not any I would buy, and I don't do 5.1 anyway.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #30 - 02/26/14 at 16:07:49

This is probably "it". . . so why all the secrecy? A bit under-whelming,  as far as revelations go. . . we'll see. Could potentially be improved sound. But I'm not going to pay 6 large for this after buying two PWDs. If there's a PWD upgrade, I'd strongly consider at a good price.

http://www.audiostream.com

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #31 - 02/26/14 at 19:56:48

Hmmm. . .now Paul is saying three grand to upgrade from PWD. That's a lot. I'll probably be sticking with what I have, I am very happy with the sound.

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 02/26/14 at 20:12:42

Lon...did you reach out to Paul directly?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 02/26/14 at 20:53:24

No, there's a thread on the PS Audio forum. I don't frequent that place much, but with this "news" forhtcoming I looked around. The cat is now out of the bag so he's talking about it.

Thread before the news was "leaked":

http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/6467/buried-treasure#Item_22

Thread once the news was out:

http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/6474/directstream#Item_11

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 02/26/14 at 21:40:50

Thanks for posting that Lon.  Unique concept, but 5K for new or 3K for an upgrade is a lot of coin.  I'm actually ok with what I have as well (for now Grin).  Cool concept though, hopefully he'll drop the price on these in a couple of years or run some specials every once in a while for those who want to upgrade.

Interestingly enough used PWD MK IIs are just starting to come down to price levels that a poor guy like me can start to afford and we may see a lot more of these coming into the used market from all the guys who are going to upgrade.  But a PWD MK II still doesn't do DSD, so I'm going to have to move on as I want to explore that a bit more.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #35 - 02/26/14 at 22:07:50

I like that "for now." Smiley

Yeah, I really don't have much interest in DSD as in files, but I can see how this MAY be a nice step forward in sonics for my disc sources (love my PWT). As you say, it might come down, there may be specials etc. We'll see, and we'll see reviews, and I agree, more used PWD IIs.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #36 - 02/26/14 at 22:48:44

Well, I guess I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon. If PSA did something like my Oppo, I'd be all over it. While I really do enjoy the sound of DSD, I'm not sure I enjoy it $6k worth (or whatever street price or "open box" price I can get it at).

I'd rather just put a Decware preamp in my chain and see if that gives my current files the air that DSD seems to bring.

Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 02/26/14 at 23:38:31

I don't think I am going to be an early adopter on this one.  I also find it hard to believe that this will replace the PW DAC in the product line but maybe I am wrong.  The NuWave DAC is at the $1000 price point and the DSD DAC jumps to $6000.  I think a price drop on the PW DAC might make sense.  1000, 3,500, 6000 to have a nice 3 product good , better, best lineup.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 02/27/14 at 01:01:14

Just thinking out loud here ...

What would be cool for $5000 though is if it had (2) high-quality analog input stages (with a option for Balanaced) and (1) HDMI Input For Blu-ray HD Audio.

What you would have here is a kick ass Preamp and DSD/HD Audio DAC that could do almost anything.

Then they should turn the PerfectWave Transport into a PerfectWave Universal Disc Player and they would have the perfect combo IMO that could cover/play almost everything that's out at this point.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #39 - 02/28/14 at 13:11:50

Part 2 of the video is out - this sounds very interesting - it really sounds like they nit-picked this as best as they can, to make it the best it can be.

I'm interested now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1XWedFgDY&feature=youtu.be

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #40 - 02/28/14 at 13:46:53

I don't do youtube, but I've been reading up on the product on the PS Audio forum, and it is interesting.

I made a mistake in building up a second system this last year that I am unlikely to use (as it seems I'm stuck in my caregiving role for ever and a day and I don't spend any quality time at my place). Had I not, I could afford a ZMA (with some sort of treble correction somehow) and an upgrade to the new PS Audio thing. Ah well, I have killer sound now, and I may be able to do these things in the future. Plus, I've been burned being an early adopter before, better to wait a bit.

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #41 - 02/28/14 at 19:13:20

10-roger on the "early adopter" philosophy Lon.  Being "on point" is almost never a good thing.  The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.....

Having been in the software development biz for 30+ years... you never want to be on the receiving end of a beta release, there are always bugs - always....

but somebody also has to be first don't they?  and we are thankful for those that feel so inclined... Grin absolutely !!

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 02/28/14 at 22:09:53

It seems that PS Audio better hope that not all all of us on the Decware site are in an age group that may cause us to not hear all of these wonderful details in the equipment they are producing! I know I'm getting closer everyday that goes by. I guess it could become like some other things in life its the thought that counts anyway! Ha Ha! But until then keep on spinning them and enjoy!

Finally a sunny day here in Ohio! Cold as H#%$ though.

Cheers!

Cool

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #43 - 02/28/14 at 22:21:54

Hey Digger...

never fear - there is a "pill" or an "app" for anything that we will ever need.!!!! Grin

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 02/28/14 at 23:47:14

maddog07

Thank goodness for modern science! I'll need to get an upgrade for my hearing aid when one comes available!!!!          

Probably shouldn't joke about this stuff maybe the younguns will get a laugh out of it!

Life has been good!!!       Grin

Cool

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #45 - 03/12/14 at 20:42:24

Paul just uploaded this video a few minutes ago -

http://youtu.be/BCCh2j6trJk

stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #46 - 03/12/14 at 21:49:14

I want one. I will figure out a way to get one too. I just watched the 36 min Ted presentation. Pretty cool, to pump PCM in to it and get results.

It will be fun/interesting to read the coming Reviews and know what is on my 44.1 16 bit Discs....have more to offer. 6K though....ooowy!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #47 - 03/12/14 at 21:56:02

Just imagine if you invested $6k into your listening room.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #48 - 03/12/14 at 22:50:15

....don't need to invest 6k in the Listening Room. I hope you know you can Acoustically treat it for less than that! heehe

Best items I purchased in 2013...and I had quite a few things in here...are my Kimber Select 3035 Speaker Cable for my KS-1030 IC. Of course, the Zen Mystery Amplifier. CSP3 coming in soon... .

This fall I'll get the PS DSD...I have half the cost covered now.

Finally, something worth getting that beats my Audio Alchemy DTI-PRO32 & Pauls Digital Lens.  Cheers, to Ted & Paul.   -S

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 03/13/14 at 00:44:08

Wow big bucks! $6,000 reasons to buy more vinyl certainly a thought here.                              

Smiley

Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print