04/16/24 at 21:23:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dream on ? (Read 3859 times)
Syd
Seasoned Member

Dream on ?
01/31/14 at 21:59:26

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Re: Dream on ?
Reply #1 - 01/31/14 at 22:26:26

Marky,
        I'll bet for 6.2 Mil there would be a few others making tubes. Just think for 6.2 Mil you could own all of the ZMA's you could stand. What a story someone should check those guys out. I wonder how many tube sales it would take to be profitable. Anyone out there have any global tube sales figures to even see if it would be possible to be profitable. Or what percentage of the overall tube sales you would need to capture to become profitable.
        Interesting any way! Wow lots of questions.

Cool

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/01/14 at 12:16:17

I could have 4 ZMA`s running in mono and bi-amping with that cash. The ad is spoofy at best. I found a reference to an el31 and it`s pre el34, with a top connector. The old chessnut of bringing back a `golden age` of tubes by re-tooling etc of one of the giants is always on the horizon if the numbers stack up. £6.2m would equal 30,000+ el34`s @ £200 a pop (they`d be expensive). Once you buy you wouldn`t want another for x yrs. But theres all the other power, signal and rectifier tubes as well to keep sales going. In their day they churned out 1000`s a ?
Then theres different versions of the same tubes, they all went through changes, a lot of changes.
It could all be done, a gamble, but it could....in fact it might become necessary and logical.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 02/02/14 at 03:46:55

Would be nice to have a modern British facility making tubes though, wouldn't it? Instead of relying on the European and Chinese?

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print