Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Torii Mk. 4 (Read 9263 times)
patshrews
Verified Member

New Torii Mk. 4
01/17/14 at 23:57:50

Hello,

Here is a shot of my listening room. The room features industrial art school projects from my soon. I am running Zu Omen book shelves with HO drivers finished in "Ruby Slipper", which is gloss black with red pearl in it.

Pat

tori_2.JPG

Torii Mk. IV
Schiit Gungnir
Zu Omen Bookshelfs
with HO drivers
Decware Reference Interconnects
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: New Torii Mk. 4
Reply #1 - 01/19/14 at 04:36:49

Wow, very cool!  The bike on the wall ... is that real? (it looks like a museum piece)

IP Logged
patshrews
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/19/14 at 06:45:36

Thanks Beowolf! The bike is a concept piece he did in college. It is made of dense foam, except for the wheels and bull horns, so no it doesn't function. I have an autobody repair shop and helped with the finishing and painting. It is so nice I wanted to display it.

Pat

image_008.jpg

Torii Mk. IV
Schiit Gungnir
Zu Omen Bookshelfs
with HO drivers
  IP Logged
jsm71
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/19/14 at 14:00:44

While I agree the bike looks like a museum piece, I contend the MK IV also looks like one, especially displayed the way you have it.  Nice to be able to get to all the switches that way, not buried on the bottom shelf in a rack like I have mine.

Decware ZMA, Cary SLP-98P preamp, JansZen zA2.1 speakers with JansZen speaker cables, Marantz TT 15S1 turntable, Lyra Delos MC with Bobs Devices SUT, Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD player, Morrow level 4 ICs, Decware and Shunyata PCs.
  IP Logged
RJR
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/19/14 at 14:01:18

Pat
I really like your setup and very clean, unlike my busy setup.  The first thing that came to mind when I saw your setup was a subwoofer and bookshelf speaker arrangement.  I just read an article about "tower speakers" may be obsolete.  Interesting article.  I have the Torii MK3 and Omen Defs.

You may want to go to Zu website and enter the Free Lunch Friday giveaway.  I cannot see how you cannot win.

Take care and happy listening.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/19/14 at 16:17:39

Love how the Torii IV looks. Very clean set up. What are you playing through it?

JD

IP Logged
patshrews
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/19/14 at 16:29:55

Good morning,

I run MOG from an iPad into a Pure i20 dac to the Torii. I think it sounds very enjoyable. Thanks for all the positive comments. I did submit some photos to Zu for the Free Lunch Friday's drawing.

Pat

image_009.jpg

Torii Mk. IV
Schiit Gungnir
Zu Omen Bookshelfs
with HO drivers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print