Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 22:37:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Electronic Room Treatment (Read 10460 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Electronic Room Treatment
01/15/14 at 15:26:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AX9W_vVAEo

I thought I would post this here first for more views.  Later, it can be moved to the Room Treatment Forum if need be.

I find this intriguing from a tech standpoint and for those that have never experimented/USE Room Treatment. Plus, the wife acceptance factor, whether in your main Living Room, Basement HT plus/with 2 channel or dedicated Listening Room by yourself.

Thoughts comments...and worth the 21 minute view, when you have the time.   -S

(I don't work for them. I just love my Kimber Select with my Decware Amplifiers. This could not only by great for my Listening Room...but, might be best with my Basement Living Room HT/plus 2 channel Rig too...where I don't want to do traditional Room Treatment like I have in my dedicated Listening Room).

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Electronic Room Treatment
Reply #1 - 01/15/14 at 15:39:52

Yeah, I saw that video last week.

My first question would be - what's the return policy like?

The video shows amazing improvement with the whole system in, but I find that hard to believe...it seems to defy physics.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 01/15/14 at 15:59:22

Yes, if you go to the Room Treatment Forum...I posted on this some time ago. However, I wanted to put it in the general here.

Anyway, I hear you LR.  Is it more Psychoacoustics? They do have a return policy...I will find/plus pricing post.

Here is the 2nd video (or 1st really) of interest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD1Pol6dX44

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 01/15/14 at 16:44:17

LOL, they are really tearing up the Stereophile guy here for lack of information (read comments).

http://www.stereophile.com/content/synergistic-research%E2%80%99s-hft-and-feq-tr...

I agree with the lack of information. The videos are compelling, but I need to know more.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 01/15/14 at 17:08:32

Yes, great comments. I enjoyed JA's rebuttals.

No offense, I know you need to know more.

All I can say is: psychoacoustics, the ear brain connection with human neurology....so much we might not ever understand. I just like having the guts to stick my neck out and post this Thread...like Victor did and enjoy the Trolls whom also think were alone in the Universe...which of course, is statistically impossible that we're alone. The compartmentalized arrogance of man.   -S

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 01/15/14 at 17:26:37

Plus, I know you realize that a lot of the people that dismiss this technology instantly....also dismiss us Tube Amp Listeners that hear the better even order Harmonics of our Tube devices. But? We must be hearing things....because the THD just does not add up...... .  Larry has left the building...........booooya!   -S   Roll Eyes Grin

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 01/15/14 at 20:57:15

Now in all seriousness, I'm NOT taking down the Acoustic Treatments in my Listening Room that I just spent the last month adjusting, while finding the correct placement for my Anthony Gallo 3.1 Speakers to have this Passive & Electronic Room Treatment in!

But.......when I burn my Torii IV in by late June with my bedroom system...I should try the whole suite of it (levels 1 to IV passive-plus the Active Module). With a return policy of course... . My bedroom could use it. I don't need it out in my basement Living Room System because I have effective cross talk elimination with my SDA Speakers. Pretty cool effect....however not wanted or necessary in the Listening Room or bedroom system.

This will be continued at later mentioned time.  Cheers, Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 02/15/14 at 06:47:15

Today I listened to a room with Synergistic Research's Acoustic ART System.  I think it retailed for about $3200.  Anyways, the price is fairly out there for what seemed to be some little metal bowls attached to the wall with little wooden pedestals ... to be honest it was very DIY looking, not what I would say looked cool or very decorative, etc.

But the kicker is that when he used them there was something very pleasant about the room in comparison to when he took them away. There was nothing special about the gear in the room, I think it was a Marantz Integrated, plugged into a Synergistic Research Tesla Power Cell and PSB Speakers (don't know the exact models), but I felt I could tell more than a subtle difference which is unusual for me.  More of improvement than with the Tesla Power Cell even.

I'd say if the FEQ and HFT products do 1/2 of what the Acoustic ART System does I think it might be worth looking into.  Other than DIY traps and such, this is a very cheap way to treat a room.  What may be cool is to try some before and after measurements.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 02/15/14 at 08:34:15

After watching this video again, I felt the best improvement was HFT Level 2, after that it seemed to be icing on the cake, but IMO the bang for the buck would be Level 2 plus the FEQ.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #9 - 02/16/14 at 00:45:06

"My Opinion"  If they got to level 1000 it still wouldn't help!

Again just my opinion..... Grin

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 02/16/14 at 09:49:16

Quote:
ZYGI said,

"My Opinion"  If they got to level 1000 it still wouldn't help!

Again just my opinion.....

LOL, imagine 5000 of those little thingys glued to your walls ceiling and even the floors.  Of course by then you would be invested $300,000 into it.  You could probably do better for that amount Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print