Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:05:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cryo'ed Power lines anyone? (Read 2560 times)
Digger
Seasoned Member

Cryo'ed Power lines anyone?
01/06/14 at 17:21:54

Thought I'd start a thread to see who is enjoying the music today do to the cold weather. I'm off today do to the wind chill factors company I work for didn't want us out in it thank goodness. 1 degree with -21 wind chill factors at noon. -15 tonight with much lower wind chills. A very good day to spend enjoying your Decware equipment I know I am!
   Whats your weather like where you are? Up north has to be nasty about now. Northern Ohio for me.

Yes, I know it isn't cold enough to Cryo the power lines but will be looking forward to this to pass!

Smiley

Cool

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Cryo'ed Power lines anyone?
Reply #1 - 01/06/14 at 18:21:19

I'm at home today.  Having a hard time getting the house temp over 65 degrees.

Music sounds good.  Must be the denser air.

Office is closed and schools are closed today and tomorrow.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Re: Cryo'ed Power lines anyone?
Reply #2 - 01/06/14 at 19:11:37

My company has already called us off for tomorrow also. I heat with wood and have been able to maintain it around 71 degrees but tonight I wouldn't be surprised that my furnace will be running along with the woodburner from time to time. Need to stay right with the woodburner in this weather. I do have to admit the music sounds great not sure about the denser air but it could be the cabernet I'm sipping on making it all good. It is brutal outside I think we have dropped to minus 5 now and it is windy. My wife manages a wine dept and they will be getting no deliveries tomorrow for fear of the wine freezing in route. She said it has never happened in the past 20 years she has been managing the store. I do remember I believe in 94' we went as low as -28 a couple of nights that was cold. Can't imagine living further North some of the wind chills sound a bit scary.
       Stay warm and keep spinning the tunes!

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print