Stands (Read 6799 times)
Mulenut
Verified Member

Fly too high and the
wax will melt......

Stands
01/04/14 at 02:00:30

Hello all,
Any thoughts or ideas on speaker stands for the DM945s?  Can't see dropping a lot of cash for em.  Any and all advice is appreciated.  Still have a few weeks til they ship.

Thanks!!

Decware SE84CKC, Decware DM945, Decware ZSTYX, Decware studio grade interconnects, PRO-JECT Debut Carbon TT, Pro-Ject Tube Box
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Stands
Reply #1 - 01/04/14 at 12:21:25

I just had a wood shop build them for me, to my specs. Just out of solid wood, two square platforms (base and top speaker support) and a square beam between them. Nothing fancy, but to me, quite effective.

Using the stands is a most for these speakers, as you need to have them into the listening area and away from walls.

Good luck,
David

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 01/04/14 at 13:56:31

Mule, are you a bit of a DIYer? Some easy and solid stands can be made out of a couple pieces of Baltic Birch plywood, a 6" diameter PVC as a column, then fill it with play sand. Put some isolation cones between the speaker and stand and you're all set!

A quick google search and I found this...it's pretty much what I was talking about, except I'd probably use a bigger diameter column.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Mulenut
Verified Member

Fly too high and the
wax will melt......

Reply #3 - 01/04/14 at 15:28:03

Hey Raven,
I've seen the plans for them, going back and forth with the DIY aspect. I know I'd save some cash doing it that way.  Time is the issue rt now.  I'll check the link and see if I can swing it.  I appreciate the feedback Smiley

Thanks,
Mule

Decware SE84CKC, Decware DM945, Decware ZSTYX, Decware studio grade interconnects, PRO-JECT Debut Carbon TT, Pro-Ject Tube Box
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/06/14 at 18:42:10

I made these (but taller) for use with Silverline Minuet bookshelf speakers.

They work well.  I used the recipe size PVC.  I also think they would be better with a larger size tube.  Heavier and better able to support DM945s.

If you do this recipe, make sure you seal the PVC with the putty well.  Also sand you PVC ends and make sure they are perfectly level.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print