Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 09:38:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to post Images in the Decware Forums (Read 10312 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

How to post Images in the Decware Forums
12/28/13 at 18:57:57

Here in the Decware forums we have a few threads where posting images is part of the sharing experience. One question that comes up frequently is "how do I post images". Here is my quick write up as to how to post images - assuming these images are already on the web. Getting your own personal photos on the web will take a little bit more work and be another writeup, or added to this writeup.

I'm going to use our What's Spinning thread for my example.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1236824329

Let's say you want to share your latest guitar influenced listening session. First, we will need to find the album cover for our title(s), online. In this case I'm looking for Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien.
We do a Google Image search by putting:

images.google.com in our browser (Google's search for images specifically) and type Joe Satriani Surfing with the Alien (then hit Enter)

A list of images will show up - you can't see my mouse pointer, but I'm holding the mouse over the image at the bottom right - notice it shows the image size in pixels. I'm choosing this image because it's not so huge that it's going to *fill* the screen when posted, and it's color and image looks better than the rest in the first row (yes, I am that picky).

I then click the images which takes me to the next screen, with some other examples/suggestions, sometimes I might see something better in the suggestions, especially if it's a rare cover or something. In this case I'm pretty sure I like my selection so I'm going to click View Image to make sure.

I like it, so I'm going to *right click* the URL and select COPY.

Now I'm going to go back to my thread I'm posting into, in this case the What's Spinning thread. I like to write a little bit about the album, why I'm playing it, any interesting information about it, favorite song, whatever. I'm also including a You Tube link so those reading might be able to sample the music I'm enjoying.

Now, the key here is you need to click the "Insert Image" button, which is the third from the left (again, you can't see my mouse pointer, but you can see the pop up that says "Insert Image". This will add the IMG and /IMG tags to your post.

The final step is to *paste* the URL you grabbed from your image search *between* the IMG brackets ]*here*[  - Then click POST

And if you did everything correctly, your post, and your image will show up in the forum.

I know this seems like a lot of steps, but after you do it once or twice it's a breeze. Some forums do this in fewer steps, and there are other ways to search and post images, but this way is easy and exact.

I hope this helps out some!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Re: How to post Images in the Decware Forums
Reply #1 - 12/29/13 at 04:15:53

Lonely Raven

Good Topic!

Lon, Had previously helped me out on how to post pics to the site.

Cool

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/30/13 at 17:04:24

I always hit the preview button first to make sure it`s there.
Some sites wont let you copy their pics.

My current browser wont let me drag/drop any image info. Something to do with protocol protected. (a black no entry sign appears)
So I have firefox whenever needed....right click on pic, click on image info, and drag/drop the text immediately under the `box` of text. And drop it between the   [img][/img].

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 12/30/13 at 17:11:03

Yeah, I too have run into images that are viewable, but not linkable. I just go back and edit my post to correct this, with an image that works. With album covers it's usually not that difficult to find multiple options.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/24/15 at 22:14:41

Bump

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print