Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 09:17:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ERR and Zen Omni Hybrid Spealers  Audtion Wanted (Read 20021 times)
yardbird4
Verified Member

ERR and Zen Omni Hybrid Spealers  Audtion Wanted
11/23/13 at 20:26:22

Anyone in the Washington D. C. or Baltimore MD. metropolitan area own a pair of ERR or Zen Omni speakers that they would be willing to allow me to audition (at their place of course}.  I am thinking of purchasing either the Zen Omni's  or the ERR speakers and hesitant to part with the requisite cash without a listen. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: ERR and Zen Omni Hybrid Spealers  Audtion Wanted
Reply #1 - 11/24/13 at 18:05:21

While I can't help you with your request, I can tell you that if you're into the disappearing speakers trick, you'll love the Decware Radial speakers!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
yardbird4
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/24/13 at 20:22:54

Thanks lonely raven.  Every bit of info helps.  Do you own one of these and if so when you get a minute give me your take on their sound,  imaging and soundstage.

Thanks

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 11/25/13 at 05:22:11

No, I don't own a set, I went with the MG944 because I like a more direct and analytic sound.

I've heard the various radial speakers from Decware since I'm only a few hours away, and I can say they are warm, accurate, and 3D.

There are others here who can give you a much better description that own the speakers.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
yardbird4
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 11/25/13 at 15:20:15

Thanks for your time.  What you describe is certainly attributes that I like and desire.  I will also inquire of others.  I see there is one member who recently posted a picture of the Zen Omni's made with bubinga wood.  They certainly looked gorgeous.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/25/13 at 19:08:53

Those would be mine. They are beautiful to look at. Those pictures don't do them justice.
Now if you have the money to spend I would not hesitate getting the HR-1s. They are that good. They just seem to do everyting right. 3D holographic soundstage and micro detail. To me they are the best speaker I have heard.
I have also seen and listened to the new ERRs. I love the new design and they sound great. If I had the money I would get them to use in the home theater room. I always wanted to flip them upside down and bolt them to the ceiling to keep them away from the dogs and kids. I would love to hear what they would sound like in the 5.1 or 7.1 configuration. Right now I have Maggies in the HT room.
You can't go wrong with a decision on either one of them. It will all come down to your budget.

IP Logged
yardbird4
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 11/26/13 at 16:17:21

First of all let me say congratulations.  From what I have learned so far the Zen Omni's (which I have zeroed in on..I have a buddy who is looking to purchase the ERR's) the Zen's are not only a work of art to look but sound just as good as they look.  Would you describe them as warm, neutral or cool and analytical (for lack of better descriptive).  Also what are your driving them with.  If I purchase them I plan to use my Parasound JC1 monoblocks  which operates in class A 25 Watts at 8 ohms (although they have huge peak power reserves I think they can work).

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/26/13 at 18:42:26

My second pair of HR-1s are in construction now. These are awesome speakers, and a natural match for the Torii Mk IIIs that I have (and the Mk II that I have).

I love the ERR as well, very much. Sometimes I prefer the ERR, sometimes the HR-1. The HR-1 are more versatile, they will do it ALL. The ERR has a special magic that makes some material (and some components) really floor you.

Can't go wrong.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
yardbird4
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 11/26/13 at 18:49:06

Thanks Lou.  I don't know if there can be a higher recommendation than purchasing a second pair of the HR 1's.  The itch on my trigger finder is getting stronger!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/26/13 at 19:35:08

Yeah, have slowly been building my second system to the level of my main system with the same amp, front end, and at the moment the ERRs are in there, but soon there will be HR-1s as well.

I say hit the trigger as soon as you can, there's a LONG wait! I waited  six months to get to this point. I think the wait may be shorter now.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 11/26/13 at 20:05:17

I am not the best person to ask about this but I would call them neutral. Well let me explain this a little different way.
If you like female voices, and the singer in the same room as you, get them.
If you like the little nuances that pop up next to you or behind you, get them.
If you don't mind other people in your listening room staying longer than they need to because they will not leave listening to your speakers/system, get them.  ;)
I am running them on two SE84CSs. I use to run them mono which they put out about 6 watts. Now I am biamping them using the same amps. I run one channel to the radial and the other channel to the mid/tweeter(2 watts). I actually prefer it this way, it just sounds right. Lost a little dB but my room is small and they get plenty loud.

IP Logged
yardbird4
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 11/26/13 at 20:16:57

That sounds perfect.  I am definitely looking for something that at least leans in the direction of neutrality.  Based on what I am hearing sound like a should start saving my pennies, have a conversation with Mr. Decker, and take the plunge.  

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiries.

IP Logged
lLance
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 01/18/14 at 00:36:22

I also would be grateful for an audition in the Maryland area. I'm itching to hear the ERRx speakers with my Torii 3. Is there anyone listening to this combo?

ZMA, ZTpre, VPI Scout 1.1 & Soundsmith Zepher Cart, Janszen zA2.1 Speakers, PS Audio DSD, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio P10, Win 8 & J River app, Morrow Cables Triode Wire Labs #7 & Lessloss PC, voodoo AES
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print