Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 03:00:03 

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Let us know your next Live (Music) Show (Read 9606 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Let us know your next Live (Music) Show
11/13/13 at 18:55:55

We all like to get out from time to time. Drop us all a reply, where you plan to be on the Sly.

So, lets talk LIVE MUSIC!
For me, over the next 10 days/=3 shows.

Steve Cole..........Saturday at the Dakota Jazz Club/Mpls.
......with the Peterson Family....The First Family of Minnesota Music
Billy & Ricky!
http://www.thepetersonfamily.info/live/
http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/steve-cole-cd-release-wthe-peterson-family/

Fitz & the Tantrums.......next Thursday at The Myth Night Club in Maplewood
http://mythlive.com/

ELTON JOHN...Friday night the 22nd at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul....partying on House Boat that night just down on the River!  -S

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: Let us know your next Live (Music) Show
Reply #1 - 11/13/13 at 19:52:51

I can't go to Roy Hargrove tonight....but I hope to make Joey DeFrancesco.....Dec 2nd. .....not enough hours in the day....or money in my wallet.   -Stone

~~~~and of course....when at the Dakota....you eat well....very well.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/13/13 at 20:36:31

My most recent show was Depeche Mode last September, they were touring for their album Delta Machine.  The show was excellent.

Prior to that there was Beatles vs Stones Tribute Show at a bar caled Anthem in Down Town San Diego (they call it the Gas Lamp) ... lots of fun, kraft beer and great tunes of course.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 11/13/13 at 21:17:34

Nice Beowulf....I like Depeche Mode...they had not toured for a few (many) years...I missed that one here.

I hit up LA and SD....I have heard the Gas Lamp is fun/I need to go. My girlfriends sister.....we visit.
http://www.theconlincompany.com/

Well, I just added John Mayer, Nov 23rd....yes, concerts the 21st, 22nd & 23rd with John.......Ricky Peterson with JM of course....can't wait. -S

.....JM.....HEAVIER THINGS.....listening to....right now............ .

Mr. Clapton's CROSSROADS...released Nov 19th. 5 hrs.....can't wait to pick it up that day.......... .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/14/13 at 23:04:18

My last 'live show' was me doing some solo work at the River Street Jazz Club in Wilkes-Barre, PA... I did OK, but it being a jazz club, lots of people were talking...

Did one of my new pieces: Blues Adagio for Piano...  I should rip off a quick recording and link it on here...

I've also been working on a tribute to George Duke, who recently passed away... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/15/13 at 00:11:15

Quote:
stone said,
I hit up LA and SD....I have heard the Gas Lamp is fun/I need to go. My girlfriends sister.....we visit.

If you ever make it down here again let me know, maybe we can hook up - I have a friend who can sometimes score tickets to the shows at The House of Blues in the Gas Lamp.  It's a great venue, very intimate and the area is pretty fun in general ... right now their are a bunch of secret room speakeasies (like the prohibition days) popping up (they are usually bars inside of bars with secret passages, etc.) and of course San Diego is the micro-brewary capitol of the world, so there's always good beer flowing. Wink

My favorite show I caught there (and one of my all time favorite shows in general) was defintely B.B. King.  He's awesome of course on the guitar, but he has to have one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard ... I swear he didn't even need a microphone!

When he came out, they put a chair on front of the stage and he took a seat and he says ... "I know what you're thinking ... B.B. King done got old, but I can still rock with the best of them" and then he proceeded to rock the house down like he was on fire! Cool

IP Logged
Mulenut
Verified Member

Fly too high and the
wax will melt......

Reply #6 - 11/17/13 at 03:26:22

Govt Mule 12/27 @ the Tower Theater, Upper Darby PA.  [smiley=16.gif]

Decware SE84CKC, Decware DM945, Decware ZSTYX, Decware studio grade interconnects, PRO-JECT Debut Carbon TT, Pro-Ject Tube Box
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #7 - 11/23/13 at 19:06:37

Beowulf, I like good beer....and I might take you up on that....when I head out there.  March probably.... . BB King...I have seen....hope to see him again soon....great musician with a full horn section I love.

Mark, do post a Link for playing...cool.

....going on my 3rd night of shows: I did go to Capital Cities & Fitz & the Tantrums Thursday night....great show.  ...went to Elton last night...and he was great and in good voice and sharp on the Yamaha full piano!  Nigel Olson & Davey Johnstone of 41 years in the Elton John Band....played with him....very very good show.

Tonight completes the Tri-fecta with John Mayer with Philip Philips warming up.  Single digit temps though....freezin' man!  But I have the Skyway from my Hotel (got a deal at the Double Tree for tonight).  

Peace...go hear some live music tonight!   Stone of Tone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/24/13 at 07:06:32

California Guitar Trio and Montreal Guitar Trio tonight in Florence, Oregon. Amazing. Encore was Bohemian Rhapsody!

David

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #9 - 11/27/13 at 15:52:48

cool armstdav!

Well, I completed my Trio of concerts...3 nights in a row!  John Mayer did not disappoint. He is an old soul...I will tell ya. Even with our age discrepancy, he 36 & me 49.....he gets it. I have an Palladia recording on my DVR with him and Keith Urban...I have not watched/listened to in awhile....very good!.....off today to watch it now...... .  

No concerts for me until Sting & Paul Simon on my Birthday in February.....unless I get to Squeeze in Joey DeFrancesco on the Hammond B3....next month!   Cheers, Stone of Tone

Nope, can't see Joey on Monday....but I will see The Bad Plus Dec 26th or 27th!    http://www.dakotacooks.com/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #10 - 01/22/14 at 05:16:08

Well, I did not make it out to the Bad Plus on the 26th & 27th last month.  I have been enjoying music at home of course.

Saturday the 25th...going to the Beer Dabbler!  Live Music, Beer & Food!  http://www.thebeerdabbler.com/

We all know how Live Music goes...you just need to enjoy the moment!
I do keep my ETYMOTIC RESEARCH Ear Plugs on my Key Chain...if I need them. Heat Wave on Saturday, should be a high of 20 degree's from about 3:30 till 7:30....time of the Dabbler.  ;D

-Stone
PS-Kurt Elling at the Dakota 2/13....I will be there. Decware does make him LIVE in the Room too!  http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/kurt-elling/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/23/14 at 01:30:53

Last night I watched 3 Doors Down at the House of Blues in San Diego's Gas Lamp District.  I can't say that I was ever a big fan of them (I probably knew a total of three songs out of last night's set ~ Kryptonite, Loser and Here Without You) and I probably would have never gone, but my friend's wife loves these guys and she bought us all tickets (who am I to refuse a free show Grin).  

I will say that the show was excellent, the music and songs were good and they are great musicians.  Their fans love them as well and it was an all acoustic show in a small venue so it was pretty intimate.  Overall, I would be happy to see them again if the opportunity arises.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #12 - 01/25/14 at 19:11:30

Cool Beowulf, I would not pass that up...and then it turned out to be a good performance and fun...you had.

I am partying right now (with a DD = Designated Driver)...going to the aforementioned St. Paul Winter Carnival BEER DABBLER 3:30 till 7:30 pm outside in Single-Digit Weather!

The Band of interest is Silent Disco....where you wear head phones for the Band...not a big fan of head phones...but, I'm really there for the CRAFT Beer!

Cheers, all have a great weekend....and back to my ZMA tomorrow & the Grammy's (the girlfriend too).   -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #13 - 02/22/14 at 01:07:59

Damn, this was so cold....below 0 (the Beer Dabbler above post).

Anyway, I am heading indoors.  Sting & Paul Simon at the Xcel Energy Center Sunday night for my Birthday!  Call the Car Service!  Lars is Parrrtaaaing!  

My buddy Mark Goodman on Serius Sat....said I would not be disappointed!  Sting does a full set....and so does Paul, AFTER they do a 10 song set together....quite the night I think/hope.

Cheers, Stone Listening to Chris Botti's Trumpet.....Martin Committee Trumpet made in 1939.........ZMA mind blowing!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #14 - 02/22/14 at 01:12:50

Oh, I turn 50...not a day over 39 I tell ya!    -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #15 - 02/22/14 at 01:37:44

James McMurtry in Stoughtoun Wisconsin 3/8 in a old opera house. It is a 4 hour drive. I'm hoping that it is worth it!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16 - 02/22/14 at 03:07:04

One of my neighbors, an eighth grader, practicing his clarinet. He has mastered several scales!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #17 - 02/22/14 at 15:14:53

The next Artie Shaw!  :)

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 02/22/14 at 15:36:03

More like the next Ted Lewis! (Hardly anyone knows about Ted Lewis these days but in the 'twenties and 'thirties he led a band and played a little clarinet. His tag line was "Is everybody Happy?" Jazzman Eddie Condon who knew how to turn a phrase and tell a joke said of Ted Lewis: He could make the clarinet talk! But mostly it said "please put me back in the case.")

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 06/06/14 at 06:02:23

Quote:
beowulf said,
Last night I watched 3 Doors Down at the House of Blues in San Diego's Gas Lamp District.  I can't say that I was ever a big fan of them (I probably knew a total of three songs out of last night's set ~ Kryptonite, Loser and Here Without You) and I probably would have never gone, but my friend's wife loves these guys and she bought us all tickets (who am I to refuse a free show Grin).  

I will say that the show was excellent, the music and songs were good and they are great musicians.  Their fans love them as well and it was an all acoustic show in a small venue so it was pretty intimate.  Overall, I would be happy to see them again if the opportunity arises.

Yes, I'm quoting myself Grin

Last weekend I saw 3 Doors Down ... AGAIN.  You would think that seeing them twice within a 5 month period I must a big fan or something, however they just happened to be playing along with the Gin Blossoms and Nelson (Ricky's kids) at a Wine and Craft Beer Fest in Temecula (North San Diego County).  Last time it was an acoustic session, this time 3 Doors Down slammed us with full blown electricity and there were stellar performances from each band.

Temecula (being famous for wine) also has some class "A" breweries... it was 90 degrees in the shade and I had a designated driver so the ice cold beer was a flowing!!! Cool

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #20 - 06/24/14 at 22:22:07

I am jealous! I would have liked that very much Beowulf.

My summer calendar is shaping up. I have Dave Koz Summer Horns Tour July 6. Toby Keith August 21 an Boston August 29 on a Friday night! I will do at least two spur of the moment Dakota Jazz Club shows....it is summer time on Nicholet Mall..... . Spending 10 days in NY next month from the Hudson Valley to Daryl's House to the Adirondacks to NYC with my Son. August rocking it hard in Nassau the Bahamas for 5 days. ...then home for Toby.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 06/24/14 at 23:46:08

Wow Stone, what a summer line-up indeed!  

A few years back ... ok maybe a decade or so back Grin.  We went to Antigua and really enjoyed the music scene there (lots of cool Reggae).  But there was one night that really stood out to me ... we were at a formal (Black Tie) dinner party, except that it was on the beach and nobody wore shoes.  So there we were ~ Tux's on, toes in the sand, the Red Stripes were flowing and there was a guy who came in (just him and his acoustic guitar) and played a whole set dedicated to Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra and other Jazz type singers in which he turned them all into Reggae style.  It was just a stunning performance and caught us all off gaurd!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #22 - 06/25/14 at 21:52:57

Impromptu is sometimes the best, ....cool Beowulf. I liked Antiqua....Eric Clapton's house/I waved as we drove by........he does a lot for the school kids there and his rehab center too....and the music.

http://www.cantussings.org/concerts/twin-cities/

Hey, I saw Cantus, finally, this past Sunday at Assumption Catholic Church in St. Paul. They did not disappoint! I don't know how I forgot to mention this...it was quite memorable. I was just reflecting on it...and remembered I did not mention here.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #23 - 07/25/14 at 20:21:45

Dave an the Summer Horns was rescheduled for August 17th at the Minnesota Zoo. Great Venue.

Having a Vinyl Afternoon!  

Right now: The Cars.....Double Life...Shoo Be Doo...Candy-O...these all Segway so nice...an my SDA function in the 1.2 Polks...just gets this so right for Vinyl!

Anyway, tonight is the pre-party to the Bahamas next Sunday...we kick off in Miami with some Cuban Coffee and such...then to Nassau........ .  Cheers, Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #24 - 07/25/14 at 20:37:07

The Live Music part I forgot!  

Starting in Nassau: everything from the people whom came out of the Garage Band and should have stayed there...too accomplished Musicians....that should be on a Label.......... .  Always fun an rewarding for on the Seek!   Cheers once again....all have a great Weekend...it is Summer!  -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #25 - 08/02/14 at 18:57:11

Sir Paul McCartney at Target Field tonight!

Weather is good too!
He is back in good health.....Legend must see..... .

HE is here....an downtown is freakin' ELECTRIC right now!

I wasn't going to go....and then I said: "Larry...hello...you're going"!

Cheers, Stone!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 08/03/14 at 00:00:30

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #27 - 10/03/14 at 16:01:16

Dave, Scottish Electric Band. I will check it out. This is the great thing about this hobby...I love so many different genre's...it would take two lifetimes to get to it all! I keep discovering an discovering...it never gets old for me. I don't know what I would do without my Music in this crazy world... .

After Sir Paul at Target Field 8/2....(the sound was good too)...I did go to Dave Koz Summer Horns 8/17...sound was good....good deep bass too. Then, Toby Keith 8/21...sound so so...he was a little hammered too.
Also, Boston on Friday, 8/29....sound sucked!  I had Huey Lewis an the News at this same Venue back in May...an his sound guy(s)...had it nailed beautifully! So, no excuse sucky Boston sound guy(s).

Tonight, last minute, an lucky to get a couple decent seats for the 9 pm show.  Mr. Lee Ritenour baby!  Can't wait!  Cheers!
http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/lee-ritenour/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 10/28/14 at 15:25:36

Saw Eric Castiglia last night at the Alamo Springfield, IL. The three piece band was Smoking Hot !!!

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #29 - 01/20/15 at 15:43:28

It's only Tuesday and I'm already pumped up for my BEER DABBLER, this Saturday the 24th!

http://beerdabbler.com/?utm_source=The+Beer+Dabbler&utm_campaign=6449b7f7a1-BDWC...

Three Minnesota Bands:
Thttp://beerdabbler.com/entertainment/

The best part about this year is!!!

1) it will be about 34 degree's at 3pm for our arrival!

2) .........awesome meats an cheeses in the Coliseum!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival is returning to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in the Mighty Midway and the heated Coliseum. Your Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival ticket not only gets you unlimited samples of craft beer, but also access to the Coliseum where Lunds and Byerly’s will be hosting free samples while supplies last from up to 30 artisan meats and cheese vendors.
Open from 3pm–7pm. Free admission with purchase of ticket to the Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival 2015.

Uber, will be taking us home.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #30 - 01/20/15 at 16:20:58

Nov 2014' at the Troubadour "Deerhoof"...before that Foo Fighters at the Forum. I need to get out to more live shows! Next event NAMM Show Anaheim this weekend....always some good music playing.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #31 - 01/20/15 at 16:29:32

Sweet run, Acetone. I hope to make it to LA this year. My GF's sister lines up some pretty cool shows/bands to go to. 2013 we went to the Greek an War, Tower of Power with Cheech & Chong... . Met Tommy backstage after the show. I'm not a Stoner, but this was a blast! I love a Horn Section...an T of P laid it down....... .
http://www.theconlincompany.com/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #32 - 01/20/15 at 18:03:22

Hey Stone,  I'm sure T O P tore it up and Tommy was just torn up hehe! I am mostly into Prog and Guitar driven rock. But still appreciate jazz, big band, blues, motown and more...from time to time! My brother in law lives in Wisconsin (menomonee)...I'll let him know about the beerdabbler..sounds cool.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #33 - 01/20/15 at 18:20:44

U bet Acetone. He is just a stones throw away from St. Paul.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
lLance
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 01/21/15 at 02:33:18

Going to see Gerald Albright at blues alley in Washington DC on Saturday.

ZMA, ZTpre, VPI Scout 1.1 & Soundsmith Zepher Cart, Janszen zA2.1 Speakers, PS Audio DSD, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio P10, Win 8 & J River app, Morrow Cables Triode Wire Labs #7 & Lessloss PC, voodoo AES
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #35 - 01/24/15 at 14:07:31

I'm currently listening to live jazz performed by Kel Segovia and Paul Sapiera in a Hotel Bar.

My hotel room came with a free welcome drink at the Hotel Bar.

It came along with a large bowl of popcorn and the live music .

Cheers!

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #36 - 01/27/15 at 00:00:47

Namm show anaheim with bandmates over the last thurs thru sunday!
I'm beat. Thurs Nite jan 22 Bonzo Bash (tribute to John H Bonham - Zeppelin) at the observatory -santa ana..great show went late into the night...many guest drummers. Sat night Gary Hoey at the Gaslamp - Long beach...he always kicks ass.  Various artists doing demos and playing tat Namm show booths like Behringer, Fishmann etc etc...Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Adrian Legg, Hoey. Gotta give my dogs a rest..gettin too old for this shit.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #37 - 01/27/15 at 00:03:33

Ooops. forgot the Drum Circle outside the Namm show on Fri nite was a lot of fun. Amazing how it brings everyone together...lots of smiles.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 02/06/15 at 18:31:46

King Crimson here I come !
Sept at Hackney Empire.
All booked.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 02/20/15 at 21:53:52

Heading to see Sturgill Simpson tonite at the Paradise a nice small venue in Boston, after that my next plan is to see the Waterboys in late April at the Wibur theater also in town.

JD

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #40 - 02/20/15 at 22:30:30

Steven Wilson - June 12 at the Grove, Anaheim.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #41 - 04/03/15 at 15:50:04

Joe Bonamassa, Saturday night, April 25th! At my favorite venue for the Cities!

Jamming to Different Shades of Blue right now (Title Track)!

http://www.amazon.com/Different-Shades-Blue-Joe-Bonamassa/dp/B00MBVLCLW

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #42 - 04/18/15 at 18:00:36

Joe Bonamassa, Saturday April 25th ~ Next Saturday night!

RUSH, Tuesday May 12th

Billy Joel, Saturday May 16th

Rob Thomas, Friday June 19th

Dave Koz & Rick Braun, Saturday July 18th (Outdoors/Zoo)

I might and probably will wing it/go, the night of the Stones June 3rd at TCF (Outdoors).

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 04/18/15 at 18:44:14

Anybody score Grateful Dead tickets?  I heard they had over 1 million hits in the first minute!

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #44 - 05/11/15 at 17:05:04

Archie, I would love to go to the Soldier Field show..... .

RUSH, tomorrow night at Xcel!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #45 - 05/31/15 at 18:49:33

Just bought tickets to see/hear Rhiannon Giddens.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #46 - 06/05/15 at 00:27:26

Joni Mitchell website has link to a tribute artist Kimberly Ford who is playing in Camarillo this Saturday. Gonna check it out.

IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Reply #47 - 06/05/15 at 03:04:17

Deafheaven at Subterranean in Chicago on July 25!

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 06/05/15 at 03:56:25

Rob...Deafheaven were at Midpoint music festival last year, but unfortunately I missed them.  I'm not sure this makes any sense, but I prefer to listen to Sunbather on headphones vs. my speakers.  Maybe it's because my wife can't stand the screaming...but I don't think my system does the album justice.  It's one of those few times where I wish I had 1000 watts of SS juice to just blow me out of the room.  Have fun!

IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Reply #49 - 06/05/15 at 16:19:10

Hi Dave,

Yes I agree with you, it is very challenging material for room-based audio systems.  I was able to get my system to a place though where I prefer listening to it on the big rig.  The ah-ha moment for me was when I placed my GIK 244 panels w/ scatter plates at the first reflection point, and suddenly this homogeneous wall-of-sound, cacophonous recording started to separate... I could hear the layers and (more) distinct separation of vocals, drums, guitar... amazing.  I feel like listening to this album now: first at work on headphones, then tonight again on the system!

Rob

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #50 - 06/12/15 at 16:47:33

Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase concert tonite at the Grove, Anaheim. Gonna start at Nobel Ale Works for a good brew then off to the show!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #51 - 06/12/15 at 19:50:09

Awesome Acetone.

Well, this is not a live show. However, I'm freak geek for 1000 ft high and wide IMAX in 3D!

Jurassic World at 4:10 today with my girl and a big bucket of Popcorn!
https://www.imax.com/oo/great-clips-imax-minnesota-zoo/

Then, a Brew Pub afterwards!

Weekend is starting early........then it is Vinyl night after 8pm tonight on my big Polk SRS SDA 1.2's!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=polk+srs+sda+1.2&qpvt=Polk+SRS+SDA+1.2&qpvt=...

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #52 - 06/12/15 at 20:07:32

hey Stone,  sounds like your Friday night won't be too shabby either...I'm eating lunch and enjoying some Wilson and Porcupine tunes to get me in the mood for tonite!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 06/12/15 at 20:14:39

This is shaping up to be a great week for live music:

My buddy and I went to The War on Drugs show on Weds.  It took the engineer a couple of songs to dial in the sound, but once he got it dialed in, it was very enjoyable.  Great set.  I really appreciate their latest album...

Tonight is Rhiannon Giddens.  I think the theater may be a tad too big for her, but it is a very nice theater.  I hope it's not too empty (for her sake).  I am expecting the show to be fantastic.  IMHO, her solo album is excellent. In fact, I am listening to it on TIDAL as I type this.

Tomorrow night is Spoon at the same venue we saw WoD.  

Have a great weekend everyone!

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 06/12/15 at 22:25:23

Dave,

Report back on the Giddens gig, I'm seeing her in a couple weeks in Rockport, MA.  I've got a friend that saw her at UCSB a while ago and said the show was fantastic.

JD

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #55 - 06/19/15 at 15:48:49

Time for some of Pop Music's finest tonight on the U of M Campus/Northrop Auditorium!

Girl friend is a big Rob Thomas fan. So, I just so happened to get 6th Row (D) Orchestral Seats! Plain White T's warm it all up. Great double bill!

She gets to see and hear him....but comes home with me....  ;).

Great weekend to all!  It is summer at 11:37am CST.....tomorrow!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #56 - 07/11/15 at 16:18:29

Rob was great.

Double bill next Saturday and Sunday!

Dave Koz & Rick Braun the 18th outdoors Zoo Ampetheater

Jason Aldean & Kenny Chesney outdoors Target Field on the 19th

Taking my daughter to see Kenny.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #57 - 07/15/15 at 18:05:08

I forgot about Kenny Lattimore, with Dave and Rick! Shame on me.
http://www.kennylattimore.com/

R&B and Soul of this man...is going to make for a great Triple Bill come Saturday night outdoors, with an ice cold Summit HOPVALE in my hand!

http://www.kennylattimore.com/news/2015/7/15/dave-koz-summer-tour-2015
...some cover's too....Higher and Higher...........Jackie Wilson.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #58 - 07/15/15 at 22:50:28

The guy up the road whistles when he washes his truck. His F250 is looking pretty dirty. I might be able to get a listen in later on this week!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #59 - 07/15/15 at 23:34:03

:D Thanks, I needed that.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 07/16/15 at 00:50:01

I don't have any whistling truck drivers around but this Sunday I'll be going to a production of the Musical, "Crazy For You" that's packed with Gershwin tunes....and I think the new Musical, "Motown" comes the following week.  Mark.

PS...saw the touring company of the Musical "Annie" a couple weeks ago.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #61 - 07/16/15 at 16:28:32

Cool Mark, I have not hit up a Play in quite some time (and the Minnesota Orchestra for quite awhile too). This Winter........ .

No doubt Lon, Donnie, that was funny!  ;D Grin Grin.  My girlfriend was in stiches too....then she noticed, when she grabbed my IPADII, to look up something....."Why does it hurt when I pee"?....and the Ear Capture thing a ma bobs....she could not stop laughing with me!  

Hey, if it rains....you might be out of luck on that Listen!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #62 - 07/19/15 at 17:47:49

Dave, Rick & Kenny were awesome! Hot summer night fun outdoors at the Zoo!

Then, when walking out from the show (how is this for spontaneity), "I said lets go see Ant Man in IMAX 3D"?! We walked in on perfect timing...last Trailer was playing and it was a fun great Movie....nice addition Marvel!  

We did the double bill!

Well, time for Sunscreen, and heading downtown MPLS for Kenny Chesney.....glad I'm off tomorrow....Sue too!  

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 07/22/15 at 14:33:49

Saw Rhiannon Giddens last night in Rockport, MA at the Shalin Liu center.  What a show and what a venue. She had the Chocolate drops as the backing band and just excelled in all areas. Best venue I've ever seen a show at, great night all around.

JD

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #64 - 08/01/15 at 03:44:12

Saw Spandau Ballet last night at Humphrey's By The Bay.  Which is an outdoor venue on Shelter Island in San Diego.  It was very intimate, the max seating is around 1400.

Looks a bit like this:

I'm not a really big fan of the new romance type of stuff like ABC, Culture Club, Wham, etc. and didn't even think I would like it, but my girl loves 80's type stuff like that and really wanted to see them.  Well, I was wrong ... I thoroughly enjoyed the show, they had excellent musicianship, played really tight and the singer had perfect key the whole night through.  They were having fun being up there and you could tell.  The saxophonist in particular is pretty amazing and has to be one of the busiest person's I've ever seen live, he plays bongos, guitar, sax and clarinet sometimes within the same song Grin

I also realized that I knew much more of their set list than I thought ... I thought I only really new their song True, but they had a lot of good songs.  Anyways, if they come your way I recommend seeing them live.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #65 - 08/02/15 at 20:31:08

Nice Beowulf. I'm checking their schedule to see if they are coming my way. Yes, their musicianship ~ always top notch. They know how to record too! SAX is my thing. I would have really enjoyed this show with my SuzyQ.

Speaking of Sax. I am seeing Boney James tonight at the Dakota. Hot in the City tonight with Sue! I will start at my favorite Irish Pub first ~ The Local on Nicolette Mall. Boney can lay it down! I got Table (TB) 141, seats 1 & 2!  Work can wait till Tuesday....it's summer time!!!!!
http://www.dakotacooks.com/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #66 - 08/04/15 at 22:27:39

Would love to check out the Dakota some time.  We have a place downtown in San Diego called 98 Bottles that has lots of improve jazz sessions and other great music which also happens to specialize in Craft Beers of the region.  It's a great place to hang on Sunday afternoons.

Will be seeing Duran Duran on 9/27 in the Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre, looking forwqard to that.

IP Logged
Guillaume Bougard
Verified Member

Reply #67 - 08/07/15 at 14:01:56

Here is the video of the entire concert of Sly & Robbie with Norwegian electro-Jazz trumpet maestro Nils Petter Molvaer, guitarist Eivind Aarset and machine operator (for lack of a better word) Vladislav Delay. Shot in Warsaw.

I put together the whole thing, did the artistic production, helped book the tour (21 gigs in 30 days throughout Europe) and I am quite proud of how this huge artistic gamble turned out.

We even got a great review in the Financial Times, of all publications!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f702zmB5en4

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #68 - 12/29/15 at 15:39:59

http://reospeedwagon.com/tour/

Partying with REO Speedwagon! Why not a little Kevin Cronin Crooning, for the girlfriend........... .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #69 - 12/29/15 at 17:38:57

I just received my ticket to see Ry Cooder on January the 31st.
Been a huge fan for 30 years but never had the opportunity before.
Second row center, $100 well spent, I hope.
One more thing off of my bucket list.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #70 - 01/22/16 at 16:52:49

Cool Donnie, great show coming up for you.

ME? Oh yeah, the Stone of Tone loves his concerts!

(In order):

**John Scofield with Joe Lavano ~ Dakota**
AC/DC
Bruce Springsteen
**Ben Folds & the Minnesota Orchestra**
Cruise out of Miami to the Caribbean!
Chicago with Earth, Wind & Fire
Joe Satriani
Mumford and Son's
Tony Bennett
**Duke Ellington Orchestra with Patti Austin**
Adele
Journey with the Doobie Brothers
Keith Urban

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #71 - 01/22/16 at 17:27:37

For AC/DC, I make sure my ETYMOTIC Research Ear Plugs are on my Car Key Chain/for use ~ when needed.

I will also remember to take my daily Aspirin, like Angus does daily!

Last time they were here; they burned the place down!

Whole Lotta Rosie, baby!!!!!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #72 - 01/22/16 at 22:32:05

Let's see....this Sunday is Cowboy Junkies, next Saturday is Y&T (both local in Santa Cruz) March holds Loreena McKennitt on the 19th and then Steve Hackett on 3-31. This year is starting out real well for music. Happy listening.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 08/03/16 at 04:49:41

2 pints in of San Diego craft beer (St. Archer) and just finished watching Chic with Nile Rodgers, great show and I'd forgotten how many hit songs Nile has written!

Save a prayer because we're getting ready for Duran Duran next!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #74 - 08/03/16 at 14:05:47

Marcus Miller, this upcoming Monday night.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #75 - 08/03/16 at 21:09:43

Last show (end of July) was Brit Floyd at the Saratoga Mountain Winery, they were amazing. And yes, I did the the real PF on the DSOTM/Wish you were Here tour. Bought tix for Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman at the end of November. I'm sure there will be a few to fill in between now and then. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #76 - 08/09/16 at 14:56:06

Just returned from Cuba where I saw some great live Samba bands (when the power stayed on) and heard a lot of fantastically talented musicians all over Havana. I also returned overwhelmed at how blessed I am.

Happy Listening

JD

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #77 - 08/17/16 at 15:53:19

Whoa JD.....sweet Trip! We are blessed. I wake up every day...and be about creating and not hating.

My humble event in St. Paul on Saturday....with a few live bands.

Cheers. (No drinking and driving).

http://surlybrewing.com/events/summer-beer-dabbler/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #78 - 08/26/16 at 19:40:40

Last but not least today...... . I saw Don Henley last night with the girlfriend. Spent the day at the Fair and then Show. He was in fine voice and the Playlist was sweet indeed. He had a nice tribute to Glen.

Weather was perfect with the setting sun. Sound was surprisingly good too. Best sound I have heard at this outdoor venue (MN State Fair).

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #79 - 03/23/17 at 16:09:28

With Spring on the horizon/girl friend sent me a surprise text today, with Tic's....time to go downtown this next week for David Sanborn at the Dakota.

What I like about David, is he will dive into some Blues and Funk...and yes, move around in some Bebop.....besides contemporary on his Alto.  .....sharp as Tack/still too.

http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/david-sanborn-12/

http://saxonthetube.blogspot.com/2014/05/david-sanborn-at-woodstock-in-1969-with...
David Sanborn at Woodstock in 1969 with Paul Butterfield Blues Band.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #80 - 03/28/17 at 04:13:02

Both in june:
U2 soldier field
And
Dead and co. Wrigley field w john mayer

If you havent seen john mayer yet.... DO!  Hes unbelievable.  Think hes out now with his trios which is best.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
markv

Reply #81 - 03/28/17 at 10:58:51

Moody Blues in July at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #82 - 03/28/17 at 13:21:44

markv

that should still be a great show!  i saw them in early 90's with the peoria symphony.  it's still in my top 5 of all time shows!  my jaw was on the floor the entire time.  enjoy!

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #83 - 03/28/17 at 13:27:55

stone,

i was eyeing the Sanborn show in indy in may (not sure i'll have the energy to drive to indy twice in one month however.  we go to the 500).  

let us know how the dakota turns out so i can determine if worth it.

(ps and can someone pm me how to get quotes attached on this forum???)

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #84 - 03/28/17 at 16:32:33

Hi Trip. Will do/about the show. Nice day today here, so I'm down for dinner first then the 9pm show. I have today and tomorrow off, so today is my Saturday night. Ricky Peterson I hope is on key's tonight with Mr. Sanborn. Ricky is really personable, as is David. Nice thing about the Dakota the musicians will mill around at break and before the 2nd set after the 1st when you're coming in the club.....you get to say hello and grab a pic together and/or wait for the post show meet and greet.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #85 - 03/29/17 at 18:17:07

Great show with an extended version of Maputo. 71 and gettin' it done, was Mr Sanborn last night. He even joked about a song off one of his 24 Albums. He could remember the name of the song, but not the Album Title....he says: "I can't remember shit anymore."

He came out at 9:35 and played till 11:15....no break. Encore was with Paul Peterson/Mpls., whom had played every instrument on one of his Albums of yester-year. Paul picked up the bass and an awesome funky dance session ensued with all of us.

Yes, do go see the elder statesmen, that is David Sanborn. Whom, lets face it.....created++ the Genre Instrumental that he Plays in Funk, Latin, Blues and Contemporary.

PS-Eric Leeds, performed too!  Great show!
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=paul+peterson+and+david+sanborn&view=detail...

The Heartbreaker is: Prince would have been there too, last night with Leeds being in the House. Prince frequented the Dakota all the time.

++Chuck Mangione & Herb Alpert.....on there respective horns included and my apologies to anyone else that is not coming to mind.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #86 - 04/23/17 at 20:42:46

My girlfriends sister just got us a pair of tickets and backstage passes for Robert Cray in July. Sweet! She is friends with the Manager in LA. I look forward to meeting him, Robert and the Band.

I needed that good news. I'm without sustenance right now (colonoscopy tomorrow). Getting old is a bitch, right? .....and a privelage.

My DM947 Monoliths are getting me thru!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #87 - 06/02/17 at 17:31:18

Girlfriend is a keeper! She just surprised me with tic's to Joe Walsh and Tom Petty for tomorrow night!  Sweeeeeeeet, time to roll up a phat one?!
................just kidding employer(s).....I pass my sample tests.     Cool

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #88 - 06/02/17 at 18:18:25

I just put my ETYMOTIC RESEARCH, ear plugs on my key chain.

At least the Xcel Center has Acoustic Treatments.....other venues like Target Center have none. However, in a big venue....it is really up to the Sound Board guy too. Sarah McLachlan was the best sound I have ever had some years back at Xcel Center.....to die for.  

I always go to shows with my Audiophile sound Hat left at home...and just enjoy it for what it is. However, I always look to be surprised....like I was with Sarah............ .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #89 - 06/02/17 at 21:05:39

We'll be seeing Chris Isaak this July at Humpreys By The Bay.  One of my favorite venues as it's open air and an intimate setting right on the docks in Shelter Island San Diego.  Looking forward to this as I've wanted to see him for a long time.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #90 - 06/02/17 at 21:44:58

Cool Beowulf, ......would like to see Chris too and there at Humphrey's. My girlfriend has been there with her LA based sister....someday...... .

Fortunately, I have a nice even smaller venue here in the MN Zoo Amphitheater......Robert Cray next month and back stage ~ Sue's sis is good friends with RC's manager in LA/Ventura actually. I'm a big fan of Robert.

http://www.gophershockeytickets.com/img/venues/MinnesotaZooMusicintheZoo.jpg

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #91 - 06/05/17 at 01:54:00

I would like to see Robert Cray myself, I bet that's gonna be a great show!

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #92 - 06/05/17 at 13:43:51

U2 show in chicago was a joke.  Bono and his political bs and not to mention the sound was one of the worst ive ever heard.  Over the top loud distortion!  I moved around thinking it was my seats....nope sounded like shit everywhere.  Very unenjoyably.  Dont waste ur money on this one.  They were much better 30 yrs ago.

Lumineers where fantastic however.  i've never heard bass drums this low... ever!  

Ive got john mayer, john butler trio, and johnny lang all coming up.  I know those will be great shows.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 06/05/17 at 17:05:23

Quote:
the sound was one of the worst ive ever heard

Probably not related but recently I bought a new vinyl version of U2 War and it sounds like shit too!  Flat, thin and uninspiring (not a physical description of the disc.)   Sad

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #94 - 06/05/17 at 20:58:39

Yeah, I do look forward to the Robert Cray show beo, in the Zoo.

I hear you Trip. Outdoor shows can suck. I took my youngest daughter to see Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney a couple years back at Target Field....sound sucked real bad. I am leary about going to see Billy Joel at Target Field the end of July.

Yeah, the War (great music and what was/is being told) CD recording sucks Archie...to bad on the Vinyl too.

Great show with decent indoor sound at Xcel Centre, for Walsh & Petty Saturday night. Glad we went. Petty said in an interview....this 40th anniversary tour....this is it/done. At 66 and the band 66+.....they were sharp and Petty is personable and loves his craft. I love the Guitar changes he and Campbell make.....and they are Musicians....the band included. Nice to share a band with the girlfriend/she loves too.
http://www.startribune.com/review-learning-to-party-the-laidback-tom-petty-way/4...
....it was a great Saturday night party!

Next up: besides Mr. Cray at my favorite small venue/Zoo......Roger Waters at Xcel....end of July.
......could be Mr. Water's last go round....I will be there.

Hey, and Joe Walsh at 69...played a killer 65 minute set of all his best solo and a tribute to Glen Frey....Take it to the Limit......great double bill show.  I have seen Joe before, many years ago solo...I forgot how funny he is.....and a musician as well....loves his craft.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #95 - 07/01/17 at 21:59:40

Just booked the one and only George Benson and Kenny G, for the end of October. Saturday evening show and fall foliage first, then dinner and the show in a small venue.

Mr. Benson is a big deal for me. I so look forward to the show!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #96 - 07/02/17 at 15:58:49

Just saw Brit Floyd last Thursday at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga for the second time. What an amazing band (and yes I did see PF on the DSOTM/Wish you Were Here tour in the 70's) and if anyone likes PF and you get a chance to see Brit Floyd you will not be disappointed. Great sound, wonderful production and amazing musical talents. Check out Angela Cervantes doing The Great Gig in the Sky on you tube. Lot's of Floyd on the table this holiday weekend. Happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #97 - 07/02/17 at 17:41:49

Cool HD.

Though David Gilmour and Roger Water's will never see eye to eye again. I will have to enjoy seeing them separately.

July 26th for me.

........Jeff Beck's drummer is on this tour. He is total best tits.'

Set List............. .

Roger Waters

1. “Breathe”
2. “One of These Days”
3. “Time”
4. “Breathe (Reprise)”
5. “The Great Gig in the Sky”
6. “Welcome to the Machine”
7. “When We Were Young”
8. “Déjà Vu”
9. “The Last Refugee”
10. “Picture That”
11. “Wish You Were Here”
12. “The Happiest Days of Our Lives”
13. “Another Brick in the Wall Part 2″
14. “Another Brick in the Wall Part 3″
15. “Dogs”
16. “Pigs (Three Different Ones)”
17. “Money”
18. “Us and Them”
19. “Smell the Roses”
20. “Brain Damage”
21. “Eclipse”
22. “Vera”
23. “Bring the Boys Back Home”
24. “Comfortably Numb”

.....and I'm thankful he is at Xcel ctr. and NOT Target Center. Xcel, has Acoustic treatments.....and some of the smart sound guys know how to bring out tuneful bass and at the other end NO Ringing in the highs/reflecting off the upper of the Arena. Tom Petty was such a show....and besides the cool Laser's Roger will have .....I bet the sound will be the same formula as Petty's sound team.

"Welcome my son. Welcome to the Machine."

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #98 - 07/04/17 at 18:15:00

john mayer with dead and co.  last friday.  still a wonderful show.  no talking, no bs, no politics (thats right bono!) and a bunch of people who dance worse than i do.  

love shows where everyone is nice and no one sits down the entire show.  and there aren't a million cells phones recording the whole thing (whats up with that?) annoying the shit out of me... getting old i guess, but cant you just live in the moment?

if you haven't caught john mayer (or his trio) yet do.  he is an amazing guitar player and can do it old school.

still get a drum solo at a dead show!!

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #99 - 07/04/17 at 21:59:24

Dead & Company.  A must see for me.  Didn't realize they were playing at the Hollywood Bowl last month until it was sold out.  I was pretty bummed.  Nice outdoor venue with good acoustics.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #100 - 07/28/17 at 17:30:51

Yes! I need to do the Hollywood Bowl Jeff.
Bucket list/never been.
I need to plan, my son graduates in June from Stanford....then me and my girl are on a short Southwest hopper to LA to visit her sister.....I'm hoping something we want to go to.....is happening the week we are in town....I will check it out....... .

Robert Cray was a great show back on the 12th. I love the Zoo venue!

I did not make it to Roger Water's Wednesday night or are we going to Billy Joel tonight at Target Field.  :'(
Beautiful weather in the Cities tonight...and I'm glad for friends...that have never seen Billy....are getting A+ weather for the Show!

Us? Well, we can't afford to go to everything.....home bodying tonight with a movie.  But, grilling till sunset with the nice/perfect weather.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #101 - 07/29/17 at 12:21:45

My daughter and I are going downtown to attend the Air One Hits Tour event, featuring Skillet.

Three other teeny bop style (Hip Hop, these days) acts will perform, but I made a promise several years ago, "If Skillet ever comes any where near here, We are going."

Now I like Skillet. They are a hard rock alternative Christian band with a decent message to all of our youth. They friggin' rock, too.

I will be going into the den of iniquity where the (local basketball team) Pacers play.  We have "seats,"  so my cane will be a bit less intimidating, mostly. I am a sixty two year old man, taking his Sixteen year old daughter to her SECOND concert.  
I am wrought from  "Whole Cloth!"  

About three years ago, we went to our first concert together. We saw Heart and Jason Bonham. First was all Heart, but the final hour was all Led Zeppelin, via Heart and Bonzo's kid. It was awesome.

Hoping this one is as good!

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #102 - 07/29/17 at 13:01:32

went down to peoria riverfront to for kc (i know...) just for the hell of it and get out of the house.  

had never heard of the opening act The Mummies.  i had no expectations at all, and was floored!  they are much fun and a very tight band.  lots of horns and bass.

i will definitely be catching them again.

oh and KC needs to give it up, big time!!!  he's embarrassing to watch.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #103 - 10/21/17 at 14:25:58

Mr. BENSON .........this evening!
http://www.georgebenson.com/

MEMORIUM:

Tom Petty, will be missed around here. Glad Sue and I went to his concert back in June/Heartbreakers. It was memorable. I have the closing/Rock n Roll Hall of Fame show from a few years ago.....of Prince and Petty with the remaining Wilbury's.....and George Harrison's son....playing "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" of George's....it is satisfying to watch.....George's son....in awe of Prince laying it out on his Guitar/the last couple minutes............. . nough said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys#t=217.5852874
.........PRINCE, would have played our Super Bowl/2018........ .

Prince live....was an experience. My biggest regret....was not going to his place in Vegas.....where he would come out at 1am....and play till 4:30am..... ...and a ton of cover's and Hendrix. Paisley Park was epic too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m954kuhHQE8

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #104 - 10/21/17 at 20:45:00

Saw  Aldous Harding last night in Oslo (Norway). Very nice and intimate concert. She is available on Tidal and Spotify. Perfect kind of music for those late night out of the body experiences.

IP Logged
RayBan
Verified Member

Reply #105 - 10/23/17 at 13:51:32

I'm going to see St. Vincent in January. Smiley

"Music Is The Answer"
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #106 - 10/23/17 at 18:00:35

M. Ward & Rhiannon Giddens at the Disney Concert Hall this Wednesday night.  Will be the first time at this venue which is supposed to be acoustically amazing.  Hearing these artists there should amount to a pretty phenomenal evening!

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #107 - 10/31/17 at 05:45:34

Rhiannon was divine!  She is talented - it's insane how much so.  And the Disney Concert Hall was beautiful visually and acoustically.  Rhiannon, between one her sets even commented on how amazing it was as a venue stating, "It's almost too perfect," which made me chuckle.    

M. Ward was a bit disappointing.  They should have put him first.  It was anticlimactic, Rhiannon Giddens, then M. Ward.  She alone more than made the evening though.  

I highly recommend catching a live performance of her if you can.

IP Logged
DaniloFinn
Verified Member

Reply #108 - 11/09/17 at 13:48:08

Glad to read about the wonderful time you've had. I'll definitely check her music out. Thanks for the suggestion.

The brilliant testogen review is fun to read.
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #109 - 11/09/17 at 17:04:59

I´m going to see Sheila Jordan tonight!

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #110 - 11/23/17 at 06:37:17

Attended the Jazz Kitchen down in Indianapolis late on Saturday.

WOW, just wow.

I went alone and no one was there to tell me we had to go.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #111 - 08/25/18 at 01:35:06

Tower of Power, MN State Fair baby! 8:30 pm ....sitting in my Leiney - kugel chair right now! 8:30 pm SHOW!!!!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #112 - 08/25/18 at 02:35:58

Nice!!  I love me some outdoor shows Smiley  Enjoy amigo!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #113 - 08/25/18 at 14:24:30

Outdoors is best, Jeff...no doubt. We dodged some humid weather and no rain too. Was a perfect night! They played 8:30 to 10:05 or so..... . Best part, it was FREE. MN State Fair, picked up the tab for this one....part of their free concerts with Leinenkugel footing part of the bill also, I guess.

They were tight & right! Played: "What is Hip?" ....too. They have a great continuing Tour for this late summer. Lead singer was way full of soul. Sound was pretty good too..... .  

...have a great weekend...firing up my ZMA right now for a few hours!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #114 - 10/20/18 at 17:33:04

Fleetwood Mac, this coming Monday! We took Tuesday off.

Neil Finn & Mike Campbell on the Tour! No Whining Lindsey, you got fired for a reason.

This will be it folks. When Sammy Hagar interviewed Mick Fleetwood about a year ago on his show....he visited Mick's place he owns and gigs happily outside of London I recall....Mick hinted .....this will be it.

Sue wants to go so we are there. Plus, with Mike Campbell laying it out there. ....... and this being it.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #115 - 10/26/18 at 21:25:24

Phil Collins last night in Oakland. Voice is still strong, but time has taken it toll on his back. Had his 17 year old son Nick playing drums, totally nailed it. Heavy weight band, Leland Sklar on bass, Daryl Strummer guitars, 4 pc horn section and on. I've seen Phil 17 times now with that other band, this was the only solo tour of his I have seen. Glad he still has the music in him. Happy weekend, and happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #116 - 10/27/18 at 05:22:45

Tomorrow I'll fly over to San Diego and await a Sunday departure of the 31st Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise.  My parents turned me on to this cruise and I can honestly say it has brought me more live music joy than any other thing I can think of.  I've been on 5 of these cruises and there is something magical about having so many incredibly talented musicians on a boat.  They intermingle, they jam, they eat breakfast next to you, they become a tiny strange one week long family with you.  And they bring you the Blues.....  Somehow the staff sets up anywhere between 5 and 6 stages and the sound is ALWAYS top shelf.  It puts so many live sound systems to shame, I don't know how they are so dialed in.  If you like the blues just google LRBC 31 for the lineup.  If you'd like an incredible experience, try to get on one of the future cruises.  I never believed my parents.... until I went on one  ;)    

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #117 - 10/27/18 at 16:51:29

Having that many Blues People on board couldn't leave much room for passengers!?!?!?!?

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #118 - 10/27/18 at 17:09:58

Occupancy for the boat is just upwards of 2000 passengers.  It usually works out to around a 10:1 ratio of passengers to band members.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #119 - 10/27/18 at 17:15:07

Oh, I think I mis-understood your post...  all of the passengers are there only to hear blues for a week straight. It’s a big crazy party.

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #120 - 10/27/18 at 18:52:52

No, Dan, I meant that I was surprised by the number of "blues entertainers" and in addition the quality of them! You will, I am sure, have a most enjoyable cruise!!

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #121 - 06/30/19 at 02:42:21

My girl and I took her mother to see Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons at Viejas Casino in San Diego area last weekend.  Frankie is 84 years old at this point and his voice sounded excellent, if you closed your eyes you would think you were transported back to the 70's ~ he was that good!  Sharp as a tack and pretty witty making fun of the shameful alt-leftist congress that we have at this point ... let's just say Nancy P's ear were burning (just a touch it didn't distract from the musical enjoyment of the evening).  

His band was super tight!  They had a guest horn section from Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago.  Aside from the stellar wind section, his guitarist was pretty badass and of course kudos to the rest of the band keyboards, percussion ... they were all excellent!  

As were the Four Seasons ~ obviously at this point none of the original Four Seasons were there, but 4 young guys who had a lot of energy and you could tell the loved being there and part of Frankie's band.

All and all a great night, almost every song he sang was a well known classic, but a few welcomed rare and b sides were awesome too ... my favorite and their opening and closing "Who Loves You"

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #122 - 07/05/19 at 17:26:42

"Umphry's McGee" at Anaheim- 'House of Blues' - Wed Jul 3. A last minute outing with a few x-band mates. Wow! HOB is a VERY NICE venue and I discovered an excellent band whom I knew nothing about...they played their asses off...excellent musicianship and show!

IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #123 - 07/06/19 at 21:23:02

The end of July and August is going to fun in Seattle! It starts with Dave Alvin and the we have James McMurtry, John Prine, The Blasters, Jesse Dayton, Jr. Brown, Southern Culture on the Skids, Lucero and maybe The Steeldrivers. Guess I’ve been getting into the country/folk/rock,Americana thing. Most of these artists are playing at the infamous Tractor Tavern in Ballard. I’m psyched!

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #124 - 07/07/19 at 00:45:40

Wow! That is my kind of music. McMurtry is my man.

IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #125 - 07/07/19 at 05:10:46

I’m a big fan of his too. I listen to his Spotify radio channel and make other channels based off of him. This will be his second show in Seattle this year!

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print