Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 06:34:24 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Let us know your next Live (Music) Show (Read 10656 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Let us know your next Live (Music) Show
11/13/13 at 18:55:55

We all like to get out from time to time. Drop us all a reply, where you plan to be on the Sly.

So, lets talk LIVE MUSIC!
For me, over the next 10 days/=3 shows.

Steve Cole..........Saturday at the Dakota Jazz Club/Mpls.
......with the Peterson Family....The First Family of Minnesota Music
Billy & Ricky!
http://www.thepetersonfamily.info/live/
http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/steve-cole-cd-release-wthe-peterson-family/

Fitz & the Tantrums.......next Thursday at The Myth Night Club in Maplewood
http://mythlive.com/

ELTON JOHN...Friday night the 22nd at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul....partying on House Boat that night just down on the River!  -S

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: Let us know your next Live (Music) Show
Reply #1 - 11/13/13 at 19:52:51

I can't go to Roy Hargrove tonight....but I hope to make Joey DeFrancesco.....Dec 2nd. .....not enough hours in the day....or money in my wallet.   -Stone

~~~~and of course....when at the Dakota....you eat well....very well.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/13/13 at 20:36:31

My most recent show was Depeche Mode last September, they were touring for their album Delta Machine.  The show was excellent.

Prior to that there was Beatles vs Stones Tribute Show at a bar caled Anthem in Down Town San Diego (they call it the Gas Lamp) ... lots of fun, kraft beer and great tunes of course.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 11/13/13 at 21:17:34

Nice Beowulf....I like Depeche Mode...they had not toured for a few (many) years...I missed that one here.

I hit up LA and SD....I have heard the Gas Lamp is fun/I need to go. My girlfriends sister.....we visit.
http://www.theconlincompany.com/

Well, I just added John Mayer, Nov 23rd....yes, concerts the 21st, 22nd & 23rd with John.......Ricky Peterson with JM of course....can't wait. -S

.....JM.....HEAVIER THINGS.....listening to....right now............ .

Mr. Clapton's CROSSROADS...released Nov 19th. 5 hrs.....can't wait to pick it up that day.......... .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/14/13 at 23:04:18

My last 'live show' was me doing some solo work at the River Street Jazz Club in Wilkes-Barre, PA... I did OK, but it being a jazz club, lots of people were talking...

Did one of my new pieces: Blues Adagio for Piano...  I should rip off a quick recording and link it on here...

I've also been working on a tribute to George Duke, who recently passed away... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/15/13 at 00:11:15

Quote:
stone said,
I hit up LA and SD....I have heard the Gas Lamp is fun/I need to go. My girlfriends sister.....we visit.

If you ever make it down here again let me know, maybe we can hook up - I have a friend who can sometimes score tickets to the shows at The House of Blues in the Gas Lamp.  It's a great venue, very intimate and the area is pretty fun in general ... right now their are a bunch of secret room speakeasies (like the prohibition days) popping up (they are usually bars inside of bars with secret passages, etc.) and of course San Diego is the micro-brewary capitol of the world, so there's always good beer flowing. Wink

My favorite show I caught there (and one of my all time favorite shows in general) was defintely B.B. King.  He's awesome of course on the guitar, but he has to have one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard ... I swear he didn't even need a microphone!

When he came out, they put a chair on front of the stage and he took a seat and he says ... "I know what you're thinking ... B.B. King done got old, but I can still rock with the best of them" and then he proceeded to rock the house down like he was on fire! Cool

IP Logged
Mulenut
Verified Member

Fly too high and the
wax will melt......

Reply #6 - 11/17/13 at 03:26:22

Govt Mule 12/27 @ the Tower Theater, Upper Darby PA.  [smiley=16.gif]

Decware SE84CKC, Decware DM945, Decware ZSTYX, Decware studio grade interconnects, PRO-JECT Debut Carbon TT, Pro-Ject Tube Box
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #7 - 11/23/13 at 19:06:37

Beowulf, I like good beer....and I might take you up on that....when I head out there.  March probably.... . BB King...I have seen....hope to see him again soon....great musician with a full horn section I love.

Mark, do post a Link for playing...cool.

....going on my 3rd night of shows: I did go to Capital Cities & Fitz & the Tantrums Thursday night....great show.  ...went to Elton last night...and he was great and in good voice and sharp on the Yamaha full piano!  Nigel Olson & Davey Johnstone of 41 years in the Elton John Band....played with him....very very good show.

Tonight completes the Tri-fecta with John Mayer with Philip Philips warming up.  Single digit temps though....freezin' man!  But I have the Skyway from my Hotel (got a deal at the Double Tree for tonight).  

Peace...go hear some live music tonight!   Stone of Tone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/24/13 at 07:06:32

California Guitar Trio and Montreal Guitar Trio tonight in Florence, Oregon. Amazing. Encore was Bohemian Rhapsody!

David

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #9 - 11/27/13 at 15:52:48

cool armstdav!

Well, I completed my Trio of concerts...3 nights in a row!  John Mayer did not disappoint. He is an old soul...I will tell ya. Even with our age discrepancy, he 36 & me 49.....he gets it. I have an Palladia recording on my DVR with him and Keith Urban...I have not watched/listened to in awhile....very good!.....off today to watch it now...... .  

No concerts for me until Sting & Paul Simon on my Birthday in February.....unless I get to Squeeze in Joey DeFrancesco on the Hammond B3....next month!   Cheers, Stone of Tone

Nope, can't see Joey on Monday....but I will see The Bad Plus Dec 26th or 27th!    http://www.dakotacooks.com/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #10 - 01/22/14 at 05:16:08

Well, I did not make it out to the Bad Plus on the 26th & 27th last month.  I have been enjoying music at home of course.

Saturday the 25th...going to the Beer Dabbler!  Live Music, Beer & Food!  http://www.thebeerdabbler.com/

We all know how Live Music goes...you just need to enjoy the moment!
I do keep my ETYMOTIC RESEARCH Ear Plugs on my Key Chain...if I need them. Heat Wave on Saturday, should be a high of 20 degree's from about 3:30 till 7:30....time of the Dabbler.  ;D

-Stone
PS-Kurt Elling at the Dakota 2/13....I will be there. Decware does make him LIVE in the Room too!  http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/kurt-elling/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/23/14 at 01:30:53

Last night I watched 3 Doors Down at the House of Blues in San Diego's Gas Lamp District.  I can't say that I was ever a big fan of them (I probably knew a total of three songs out of last night's set ~ Kryptonite, Loser and Here Without You) and I probably would have never gone, but my friend's wife loves these guys and she bought us all tickets (who am I to refuse a free show Grin).  

I will say that the show was excellent, the music and songs were good and they are great musicians.  Their fans love them as well and it was an all acoustic show in a small venue so it was pretty intimate.  Overall, I would be happy to see them again if the opportunity arises.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #12 - 01/25/14 at 19:11:30

Cool Beowulf, I would not pass that up...and then it turned out to be a good performance and fun...you had.

I am partying right now (with a DD = Designated Driver)...going to the aforementioned St. Paul Winter Carnival BEER DABBLER 3:30 till 7:30 pm outside in Single-Digit Weather!

The Band of interest is Silent Disco....where you wear head phones for the Band...not a big fan of head phones...but, I'm really there for the CRAFT Beer!

Cheers, all have a great weekend....and back to my ZMA tomorrow & the Grammy's (the girlfriend too).   -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #13 - 02/22/14 at 01:07:59

Damn, this was so cold....below 0 (the Beer Dabbler above post).

Anyway, I am heading indoors.  Sting & Paul Simon at the Xcel Energy Center Sunday night for my Birthday!  Call the Car Service!  Lars is Parrrtaaaing!  

My buddy Mark Goodman on Serius Sat....said I would not be disappointed!  Sting does a full set....and so does Paul, AFTER they do a 10 song set together....quite the night I think/hope.

Cheers, Stone Listening to Chris Botti's Trumpet.....Martin Committee Trumpet made in 1939.........ZMA mind blowing!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #14 - 02/22/14 at 01:12:50

Oh, I turn 50...not a day over 39 I tell ya!    -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #15 - 02/22/14 at 01:37:44

James McMurtry in Stoughtoun Wisconsin 3/8 in a old opera house. It is a 4 hour drive. I'm hoping that it is worth it!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16 - 02/22/14 at 03:07:04

One of my neighbors, an eighth grader, practicing his clarinet. He has mastered several scales!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #17 - 02/22/14 at 15:14:53

The next Artie Shaw!  :)

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 02/22/14 at 15:36:03

More like the next Ted Lewis! (Hardly anyone knows about Ted Lewis these days but in the 'twenties and 'thirties he led a band and played a little clarinet. His tag line was "Is everybody Happy?" Jazzman Eddie Condon who knew how to turn a phrase and tell a joke said of Ted Lewis: He could make the clarinet talk! But mostly it said "please put me back in the case.")

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 06/06/14 at 06:02:23

Quote:
beowulf said,
Last night I watched 3 Doors Down at the House of Blues in San Diego's Gas Lamp District.  I can't say that I was ever a big fan of them (I probably knew a total of three songs out of last night's set ~ Kryptonite, Loser and Here Without You) and I probably would have never gone, but my friend's wife loves these guys and she bought us all tickets (who am I to refuse a free show Grin).  

I will say that the show was excellent, the music and songs were good and they are great musicians.  Their fans love them as well and it was an all acoustic show in a small venue so it was pretty intimate.  Overall, I would be happy to see them again if the opportunity arises.

Yes, I'm quoting myself Grin

Last weekend I saw 3 Doors Down ... AGAIN.  You would think that seeing them twice within a 5 month period I must a big fan or something, however they just happened to be playing along with the Gin Blossoms and Nelson (Ricky's kids) at a Wine and Craft Beer Fest in Temecula (North San Diego County).  Last time it was an acoustic session, this time 3 Doors Down slammed us with full blown electricity and there were stellar performances from each band.

Temecula (being famous for wine) also has some class "A" breweries... it was 90 degrees in the shade and I had a designated driver so the ice cold beer was a flowing!!! Cool

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #20 - 06/24/14 at 22:22:07

I am jealous! I would have liked that very much Beowulf.

My summer calendar is shaping up. I have Dave Koz Summer Horns Tour July 6. Toby Keith August 21 an Boston August 29 on a Friday night! I will do at least two spur of the moment Dakota Jazz Club shows....it is summer time on Nicholet Mall..... . Spending 10 days in NY next month from the Hudson Valley to Daryl's House to the Adirondacks to NYC with my Son. August rocking it hard in Nassau the Bahamas for 5 days. ...then home for Toby.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 06/24/14 at 23:46:08

Wow Stone, what a summer line-up indeed!  

A few years back ... ok maybe a decade or so back Grin.  We went to Antigua and really enjoyed the music scene there (lots of cool Reggae).  But there was one night that really stood out to me ... we were at a formal (Black Tie) dinner party, except that it was on the beach and nobody wore shoes.  So there we were ~ Tux's on, toes in the sand, the Red Stripes were flowing and there was a guy who came in (just him and his acoustic guitar) and played a whole set dedicated to Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra and other Jazz type singers in which he turned them all into Reggae style.  It was just a stunning performance and caught us all off gaurd!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #22 - 06/25/14 at 21:52:57

Impromptu is sometimes the best, ....cool Beowulf. I liked Antiqua....Eric Clapton's house/I waved as we drove by........he does a lot for the school kids there and his rehab center too....and the music.

http://www.cantussings.org/concerts/twin-cities/

Hey, I saw Cantus, finally, this past Sunday at Assumption Catholic Church in St. Paul. They did not disappoint! I don't know how I forgot to mention this...it was quite memorable. I was just reflecting on it...and remembered I did not mention here.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #23 - 07/25/14 at 20:21:45

Dave an the Summer Horns was rescheduled for August 17th at the Minnesota Zoo. Great Venue.

Having a Vinyl Afternoon!  

Right now: The Cars.....Double Life...Shoo Be Doo...Candy-O...these all Segway so nice...an my SDA function in the 1.2 Polks...just gets this so right for Vinyl!

Anyway, tonight is the pre-party to the Bahamas next Sunday...we kick off in Miami with some Cuban Coffee and such...then to Nassau........ .  Cheers, Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #24 - 07/25/14 at 20:37:07

The Live Music part I forgot!  

Starting in Nassau: everything from the people whom came out of the Garage Band and should have stayed there...too accomplished Musicians....that should be on a Label.......... .  Always fun an rewarding for on the Seek!   Cheers once again....all have a great Weekend...it is Summer!  -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #25 - 08/02/14 at 18:57:11

Sir Paul McCartney at Target Field tonight!

Weather is good too!
He is back in good health.....Legend must see..... .

HE is here....an downtown is freakin' ELECTRIC right now!

I wasn't going to go....and then I said: "Larry...hello...you're going"!

Cheers, Stone!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 08/03/14 at 00:00:30

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #27 - 10/03/14 at 16:01:16

Dave, Scottish Electric Band. I will check it out. This is the great thing about this hobby...I love so many different genre's...it would take two lifetimes to get to it all! I keep discovering an discovering...it never gets old for me. I don't know what I would do without my Music in this crazy world... .

After Sir Paul at Target Field 8/2....(the sound was good too)...I did go to Dave Koz Summer Horns 8/17...sound was good....good deep bass too. Then, Toby Keith 8/21...sound so so...he was a little hammered too.
Also, Boston on Friday, 8/29....sound sucked!  I had Huey Lewis an the News at this same Venue back in May...an his sound guy(s)...had it nailed beautifully! So, no excuse sucky Boston sound guy(s).

Tonight, last minute, an lucky to get a couple decent seats for the 9 pm show.  Mr. Lee Ritenour baby!  Can't wait!  Cheers!
http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/lee-ritenour/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 10/28/14 at 15:25:36

Saw Eric Castiglia last night at the Alamo Springfield, IL. The three piece band was Smoking Hot !!!

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #29 - 01/20/15 at 15:43:28

It's only Tuesday and I'm already pumped up for my BEER DABBLER, this Saturday the 24th!

http://beerdabbler.com/?utm_source=The+Beer+Dabbler&utm_campaign=6449b7f7a1-BDWC...

Three Minnesota Bands:
Thttp://beerdabbler.com/entertainment/

The best part about this year is!!!

1) it will be about 34 degree's at 3pm for our arrival!

2) .........awesome meats an cheeses in the Coliseum!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival is returning to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in the Mighty Midway and the heated Coliseum. Your Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival ticket not only gets you unlimited samples of craft beer, but also access to the Coliseum where Lunds and Byerly’s will be hosting free samples while supplies last from up to 30 artisan meats and cheese vendors.
Open from 3pm–7pm. Free admission with purchase of ticket to the Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival 2015.

Uber, will be taking us home.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #30 - 01/20/15 at 16:20:58

Nov 2014' at the Troubadour "Deerhoof"...before that Foo Fighters at the Forum. I need to get out to more live shows! Next event NAMM Show Anaheim this weekend....always some good music playing.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #31 - 01/20/15 at 16:29:32

Sweet run, Acetone. I hope to make it to LA this year. My GF's sister lines up some pretty cool shows/bands to go to. 2013 we went to the Greek an War, Tower of Power with Cheech & Chong... . Met Tommy backstage after the show. I'm not a Stoner, but this was a blast! I love a Horn Section...an T of P laid it down....... .
http://www.theconlincompany.com/

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #32 - 01/20/15 at 18:03:22

Hey Stone,  I'm sure T O P tore it up and Tommy was just torn up hehe! I am mostly into Prog and Guitar driven rock. But still appreciate jazz, big band, blues, motown and more...from time to time! My brother in law lives in Wisconsin (menomonee)...I'll let him know about the beerdabbler..sounds cool.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #33 - 01/20/15 at 18:20:44

U bet Acetone. He is just a stones throw away from St. Paul.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
lLance
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 01/21/15 at 02:33:18

Going to see Gerald Albright at blues alley in Washington DC on Saturday.

ZMA, ZTpre, VPI Scout 1.1 & Soundsmith Zepher Cart, Janszen zA2.1 Speakers, PS Audio DSD, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio P10, Win 8 & J River app, Morrow Cables Triode Wire Labs #7 & Lessloss PC, voodoo AES
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #35 - 01/24/15 at 14:07:31

I'm currently listening to live jazz performed by Kel Segovia and Paul Sapiera in a Hotel Bar.

My hotel room came with a free welcome drink at the Hotel Bar.

It came along with a large bowl of popcorn and the live music .

Cheers!

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #36 - 01/27/15 at 00:00:47

Namm show anaheim with bandmates over the last thurs thru sunday!
I'm beat. Thurs Nite jan 22 Bonzo Bash (tribute to John H Bonham - Zeppelin) at the observatory -santa ana..great show went late into the night...many guest drummers. Sat night Gary Hoey at the Gaslamp - Long beach...he always kicks ass.  Various artists doing demos and playing tat Namm show booths like Behringer, Fishmann etc etc...Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Adrian Legg, Hoey. Gotta give my dogs a rest..gettin too old for this shit.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #37 - 01/27/15 at 00:03:33

Ooops. forgot the Drum Circle outside the Namm show on Fri nite was a lot of fun. Amazing how it brings everyone together...lots of smiles.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 02/06/15 at 18:31:46

King Crimson here I come !
Sept at Hackney Empire.
All booked.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 02/20/15 at 21:53:52

Heading to see Sturgill Simpson tonite at the Paradise a nice small venue in Boston, after that my next plan is to see the Waterboys in late April at the Wibur theater also in town.

JD

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #40 - 02/20/15 at 22:30:30

Steven Wilson - June 12 at the Grove, Anaheim.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #41 - 04/03/15 at 15:50:04

Joe Bonamassa, Saturday night, April 25th! At my favorite venue for the Cities!

Jamming to Different Shades of Blue right now (Title Track)!

http://www.amazon.com/Different-Shades-Blue-Joe-Bonamassa/dp/B00MBVLCLW

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #42 - 04/18/15 at 18:00:36

Joe Bonamassa, Saturday April 25th ~ Next Saturday night!

RUSH, Tuesday May 12th

Billy Joel, Saturday May 16th

Rob Thomas, Friday June 19th

Dave Koz & Rick Braun, Saturday July 18th (Outdoors/Zoo)

I might and probably will wing it/go, the night of the Stones June 3rd at TCF (Outdoors).

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 04/18/15 at 18:44:14

Anybody score Grateful Dead tickets?  I heard they had over 1 million hits in the first minute!

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #44 - 05/11/15 at 17:05:04

Archie, I would love to go to the Soldier Field show..... .

RUSH, tomorrow night at Xcel!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #45 - 05/31/15 at 18:49:33

Just bought tickets to see/hear Rhiannon Giddens.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #46 - 06/05/15 at 00:27:26

Joni Mitchell website has link to a tribute artist Kimberly Ford who is playing in Camarillo this Saturday. Gonna check it out.

IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Reply #47 - 06/05/15 at 03:04:17

Deafheaven at Subterranean in Chicago on July 25!

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 06/05/15 at 03:56:25

Rob...Deafheaven were at Midpoint music festival last year, but unfortunately I missed them.  I'm not sure this makes any sense, but I prefer to listen to Sunbather on headphones vs. my speakers.  Maybe it's because my wife can't stand the screaming...but I don't think my system does the album justice.  It's one of those few times where I wish I had 1000 watts of SS juice to just blow me out of the room.  Have fun!

IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Reply #49 - 06/05/15 at 16:19:10

Hi Dave,

Yes I agree with you, it is very challenging material for room-based audio systems.  I was able to get my system to a place though where I prefer listening to it on the big rig.  The ah-ha moment for me was when I placed my GIK 244 panels w/ scatter plates at the first reflection point, and suddenly this homogeneous wall-of-sound, cacophonous recording started to separate... I could hear the layers and (more) distinct separation of vocals, drums, guitar... amazing.  I feel like listening to this album now: first at work on headphones, then tonight again on the system!

Rob

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print