Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 22:46:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone try MT as preamp? (Read 5518 times)
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Anyone try MT as preamp?
11/13/13 at 04:30:44

With the coming arrival of a Mini-Torii, I have been thinking about how best to integrate it.

I do have some headphones for it, HE-500, and a Rachel amp.

I also have a Tortuga LDR passive, 1 input (frm DAC) and 2 outputs.

I had been thinking about running 1 output from LDR to each amp, and powering sub with MR and speakers with Rachel amp. This way I would have headphone listening always at the ready with a warm MT, and I could flip the subwoofer off or disconnect speaker wire.

The LDR, the new version with 50K chip, will be incredible but I was wondering up running everything through the MT first, then the LDR to see what happens sonically. Then I could also have my DAC and TT always ready through the MT (should have done 2 in on LDR).

Anyone experimented with this? The MT will have Jupiter caps and upgraded attenuators.

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone try MT as preamp?
Reply #1 - 11/23/13 at 17:21:30

No one tried this?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/23/13 at 18:09:33

No, but I thought about it.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/23/13 at 18:17:46

I have the new Tortuga LDR with impedance HiZ mod in the works, and I'm not sure my new Vega DAC which is really hot would play nicely with the MT.

I'll experiment when it all arrives though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print