Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 19:26:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Welcome to the new Zen Triode SELECT forum (Read 17096 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Welcome to the new Zen Triode SELECT forum
08/30/13 at 18:36:16

We have upgraded the SELECT version of our Zen Triode Amplifier and changed the model number from SE84ZS to SE84CKCS.

You can find all of the old SE84ZS posts here:  https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?board=Select

The new version comes with meters and optional transformer balanced XLR inputs.  Cryo Treated Beeswax caps are standard.

The model SE84CKCS page is located here: https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CKCS.html

WWW   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Welcome to the new Zen Triode SELECT forum
Reply #1 - 08/30/13 at 23:24:56

Does this mean that the Super Zen Signature mono blocks will have one meter on each side?

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/31/13 at 06:20:49

Is the toggle switch at the front to switch between the direct and variable rca inputs? Which set of rca are variable (inside pair or outside pair)? Is the optional XLR input variable or direct?

If one wants the variable xlr input, any sonic improvements of eliminating the rca inputs (i.e. less parts)?

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/06/13 at 12:22:46

Good looking Bugger for sure, might have to get one of these for the collection............ Smiley

IP Logged
hartbigsky
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/04/13 at 15:13:32

Could you post the actual capacitor and resistor value and brand parts list for this latest select version? Any chance of seeing a schematic for this layout, it looks amazing from the one picture on the product site. Thanks!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Steve

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #5 - 12/02/15 at 04:02:34

it sounds great too.  I just got mine 3 days ago I got the black scroll sides to match my ZP3 and black music hall 7.1 TT with all Decware interconnects and power chords and monster interconnect for the Phillips CD player that wont quit and sounds good, fostex 6.5s in a BIB enclosure.  plenty powerful for my listening space.  Detail and balanced sound.   Thanks Steve.

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #6 - 12/13/15 at 04:15:36

one thing I'm not sure of is the ohm switches 4 front 8 back or 8 front 4 back?

IP Logged
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/16/15 at 22:01:16

8 ohm/high impedance is switch facing the back.
4 ohm /low impedance is facing the front

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #8 - 12/17/15 at 03:52:24

thanks KEVTN8 I started at the forward position and went to the 8 ohm position after I thought it was sounding a bit harsh

IP Logged
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/18/15 at 01:22:24

The UFO transformer design is modeled after stock and EX mod transformers on the Super Zen. With this in mind:

impedance switch facing the back (high) : is for 6 - 16 ohm speakers and most single driver speakers

impedance switch towards the front ( low): is for 2 - 6 ohm speakers

With my Omega single driver speakers which are 8 ohm, the switch towards the back is where I have it set. Really locks in on the midrange, the bass, and smoother highs. Basically it improves every single part of the frequency spectrum.

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #10 - 01/30/16 at 21:23:37

I'm looking at nos rectifier tubes and was wondering how long you can expect for a rectifier tube to last in a SELECT amp?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 01/31/16 at 11:50:02

A truly NOS strong tube will last for years.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 03/07/16 at 01:05:35

Does anyone have, or know anyone who has the UFO2 model with balanced XLR inputs and is running it in balanced mode directly from their DAC?

Thanks!

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print