Send Topic Print
What drivers? (Read 7167 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

What drivers?
08/24/13 at 20:40:59

I'm breaking in my MG944 speakers for two weeks now and I'm quite happy with them...so much so I'm thinking about building a center channel speaker (minus the transmission line feature)  to match.

Can someone tell me what drivers are in these speakers? I think I found the tweeter after reading some reviews but I have no idea on the other drivers.

I imagine these speakers with a somewhat matching center channel would be amazing for a low watt, high quality home theater!  

Thanks in advance for your help!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: What drivers?
Reply #1 - 08/25/13 at 21:30:29

Lonely,

MG944 mid woofers are M130's from GR Research

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 08/26/13 at 03:46:54

Thanks, Bob! I didn't want to bother you with the question since I just heard you're healing up from surgery. Heal up and don't let the work stress you out!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
MKEMark
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/10/17 at 23:53:12

I recently purchased a pair of MG944s (before the change to the cabinet to add the plinth) and long story/short, they arrived with the drivers damaged so am going to replace the drivers. The GR Research site sells the M130s in both a shielded and non-shielded version. Can someone let me know which were original equipment and if there is any bias one way or another with regard to sound quality alone? (I know shielded reduces any interference with TV or other electronics placed nearby the speakers)

Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print