2013 DECFEST THREAD (Read 92697 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

2013 DECFEST THREAD
07/25/13 at 03:28:22

2013 DECFEST INFO PAGE:  https://www.decware.com/newsite/zenfest2011.html

THERE IS A SIGN UP FORM ON THE INFO PAGE where you can let us know you're attending, and be e-mailed a reminder when it gets closer.  Also the attendees list is what we will use to e-mail our coupon code good for 10% off your next Decware purchase, so be sure to get on the list if you're coming!

You can use this thread to communicate with each other!

We look forward to seeing you here on October 4th, 5th and 6th.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: 2013 DECFEST THREAD
Reply #1 - 07/25/13 at 03:56:09

What happened to the 4th, 5th, and 6th?

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bIn/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1370978990

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 07/25/13 at 17:18:08

Sorry, the color scheme on my calendar when combined with a nice brain fart, made it look like the 11th was the first Friday in October.  I've corrected it now, Thanks,

Steve Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/25/13 at 17:29:17

Briefly… (oh so briefly) I had a hope of not having to work the weekend of Zenfest

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 07/29/13 at 04:36:09

Sorry Steve.. I signed up for the fest prior to the date change. I cannot make the weekend of the 4th.. I was looking forward to my first Decfest too..

All the best

Dan

Audio - The hobby of spending insane amounts to make a little improvement.
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #5 - 08/06/13 at 17:38:11

OK... I've been to the page, I see where it says there is an email list to signup... but I don't see how to "actually sign up".  There is no hyperlink, etc. At least not on my browser.  What am I missing here?

never mind... where to enter name and email finally loaded.. this page loads slower than molasses in january... and I'm on a multiple T1 connection... with a 7-core machine that isn't doing another thing besides browsing at the moment....????

Also - however, its been a few minutes, and I still haven't received the email confirmation link for "subscribing"... what happened to that?  Anybody else having issues getting "signed up"?

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/06/13 at 23:00:21

I just signed up without any problems.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

WHAT'S NEW AT THIS YEARS FEST
Reply #7 - 08/16/13 at 06:04:43

Here's something new we're planning to debut at this years fest!  It's a subwoofer designed for the DM945 bookshelf speaker that requires no amplifier, wires, or moving parts yet it extends the response down to 25 Hz.  It is for all practical purposes, a custom speaker stand that horn loads the rear firing port on the DM945.  The bass is only a small part of what this stand is bringing to the table.  The midrange clarity of the speaker is nearly doubled when using it.  Imaging is also improved.

To develop this design, side by side comparisons were made with the MG944 floor standing towers until the towers no longer did anything better.

So once again, perfect bass out of thin air.   This is already in production with the first models being able to ship in November.  You will hear the finished product at this years fest.

Price still unknown.  Compatible with all DM945 bookshelf speakers.

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 08/16/13 at 12:01:06

Brilliant idea and I bet the execution is amazing. Congrats and kudos to Bob and Steve!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 08/16/13 at 12:10:30

I will perform a close inspection while there.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 08/16/13 at 13:36:32

Thats cool!

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #11 - 08/16/13 at 13:42:44

Well I came down this morning coffee in hand and opened the forum page to find 8 IM's all asking about this sub.....

I can honestly say I have no idea what it is as I have never seen it before today myself.

Interesting idea to say the least....

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 08/16/13 at 21:31:48

Steve,
Will the Taboo MKIII be available to auition with headphones? Same setup as you had last year?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 08/16/13 at 22:12:50

I don't know why it wouldn't be.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #14 - 08/17/13 at 02:15:12

The Taboo MK III will be available for audition at this years fest, yes.  There will also by my personal pair of LCD2's to evaluate it with.

WWW   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 08/22/13 at 17:36:52

"I don't know why it wouldn't be. "

You never know. These things probably sell like hot cakes. They could all be gone to all those waiting for them.

Thanks Steve, I always wanted to compare the LCD2/3's to my headphones. I will bring all my stuff so I can compare the amps and the headphones.

IP Logged
Longbowbbs

Life is a journey,
not a guided tour.

Reply #16 - 08/26/13 at 04:02:14

Steve had the DM945 Stand/Sub in the listening room when I was there. There was only one of them, but what a great idea. If you have for stands, there should be room for these. I am very interested.

Upgradeus Interruptus
MacMini,W4S DAC-2 DSDse,Denon DVD-5900, Decware CSP2+, Taboo MK III, Sennheiser HD800's, DM945's, DefTech Supercube 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #17 - 08/27/13 at 01:40:35

Also at this years fest will be an opportunity to hear the new TORII MK IV which turned out to be a really amazing upgrade over the MK III!

A link to the MK IV thread: https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1377109129

A pic of the MK IV in testing...

WWW   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 08/27/13 at 01:49:33

We should have a TORII SHOOTOUT (only without guns) pitting the MK III against the MK IV.

55   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #19 - 08/27/13 at 01:50:22

Also this year will be a chance to hear the new Super Zen Select!  Model SE84CKCS.  

Since the early days Decware's always had the Zen Amp, and the Select Zen Amp.  The later being a slightly tweaked version of the former.  Last year we introduced the SuperZen Model SE84CKC and it was better than our old Select version!  We've fixed that, and here is the first and only Zen Triode amplifier in the world with optional transformer balanced XLR inputs AND meters!

WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #20 - 08/27/13 at 17:52:20

Looking forward to meeting people and giving a good listen!

After hearing my old Zen amp on the new MG944 speakers, my fiance is very interested in coming down and hanging out as well!

Steve, if you need any ears for R&D  ;D between now and then, I'll make time for you any Monday night I'm in Peoria!

As always, I have some questions and theories I'd love to bounce offa you!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 08/28/13 at 01:01:57

If you do show up, I promise you won't be lonely, Raven.

55   IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #22 - 08/30/13 at 20:17:08

Quote:
Rivieraranch
Reply #9 - 08/16/13 at 06:10:30    I will perform a close inspection while there.  

you and me both Rivieraranch, as I have a pair of 945's reserved with my name on them for pickup while at the fest - see you there.

Also I have "thought" about throwing my Torii MK.III in the car for compare and contrast to the IV... haven't decided if I'll do that or not.  I'm sure there will be a III on-hand - do you think?  

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #23 - 08/31/13 at 00:36:15

I don't think you'd have to bring your Mk III, should be ones on hand.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #24 - 09/04/13 at 16:49:30

It has been 5 years....and time I made the Pilgrimage once again. From the Mystery Amp, Torii MKIV, the new CKC, Taboo III, the Mono Blocks, the HR 1 and the Subwoofer design for the DM945....damn right I am coming down (girlfriend in tow-she loves vinyl...in my big rig/living room).

I plan on purchasing the Mystery Amp that will drive just about anything I want to hook it up too. I already have found the sweetness for my SE84CS & SuperZen CKC, in two other Systems respectively.

Steve, as much as I plan on enjoying a listen to the Mystery Amp with HR 1 and the Corner Horns too (I want to hear that low end from them as you described with the Mystery Amplifier=needs a Name).....will you have a pair of Speakers like the JansZen's or equivalent to hear the Mystery Amp with?  
I would bring a pair of mine but we're driving my girlfriends Elantra that gets 38 miles per gallon vs. my F150 that gets 16 per gallon highway mileage. I would much rather drive my decked out Truck with American Racing PVD Rims to the Fest..... .

Cheers, and I look forward to seeing DeVon, Sara, Steve, Zygi and everyone else.  -Stone of Tone

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #25 - 09/09/13 at 15:41:46

Steve, I want to hear the Tang Band Speaker Horns you made too.

I can't wait to be on the Road 10/3, Thursday at 4pm........ .  We're getting closer......... .  -Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #26 - 09/17/13 at 22:47:00

Quote:
These files will be played back on our dedicated MAC server via USB using our software so that we can ensure bit perfect output with no manipulations like the ones detected in virtually all of the popular playback software we've tried.

did anybody else catch this(above) in the email sent out awhile back from Steve entitled:

"DECFEST2013 New Products for this years fest."

in particular, the part about "using our software".

Is Decware in the software engineering/programming business now - for Mac OS based machines?

as a music server is my next great audio quest/objective, this particularly caught my eye...

what do those "in the know" - know about this?

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #27 - 09/18/13 at 20:28:31

No can do the Pilgrimage this year. But, I look forward to viewing it online during the week of 7th to 11th. I also look forward to seeing the Mystery Amp posted up on the Website to read Steve's notes on it.

All going-have a blast,  Stone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #28 - 09/19/13 at 03:00:13

Whoops, another leaked photo...

WWW   IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Reply #29 - 09/19/13 at 15:05:13

Man, the stars have come into alignment... My schedule has changed and I will be able to make at least Friday night and Saturday!! I cannot wait! I have wanted to attend for years.

Now for the important question.. will the Imperials (in any form) be setup? How about the corner horns? I can only hope..

Thanks for hosting this and the great opportunity.  :)

IP Logged
Auguie

Reply #30 - 09/19/13 at 16:16:08

OK...got my reservations, having car maintained, and I'll be on the road Sat morning.  Can't wait to see everyone at the fest, and seeing/hearing all the new gear.  I was there last year and had a GREAT time.  I expect the same this year.

I'll see everyone around noon on Sat...OH BOY!!! Smiley

Dan

Decware SE84CS M Monoblocks & HDT Speakers; First Sound Presence Deluxe MK I Pre Amp; Denafrips Aries II DAC;Innous ZenMini MKII server;VPI Scout/Dynavector 10X5 Cart;Phenomena II Phono Pre;XLO/Wireworld/Signal/Transparent Cables.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #31 - 09/19/13 at 16:20:00

Brianne and I are coming down Friday afternoon, but we're going to play around in the city for a bit and come out later in the evening when the music starts to bloom.

We're staying in Peoria till at least early evening on SaturDay, but we have to be back home before morning as Brianne has a 5k the next morning.

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 09/19/13 at 18:19:25

Raven, will you be bringing your updated Zen?

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #33 - 09/19/13 at 18:30:52

I can if you'd like! I was hoping it would sell by now...but since it hasn't, I'm just playing the snot out of it.   Grin

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 09/19/13 at 22:42:42

Or I could just get in my car and drive 10 minutes to your place  ;).  

I'd still like to stop by but a hall pass for anything related to hi-fi is meeting stiff resistance.  I am holding on to Zenfest weekend by the skin of my teeth.

Bring the amp if convenient or if you are just looking for feedback.  I'm sure you'd have some interest in it given the recent tuning.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #35 - 09/19/13 at 22:48:17

Open invitation to come on over for a listen. I don't have my room treatments finished, and I'm still working on speaker placement, but the sound is still enjoyable. The amp, speakers, cables, and my new Oppo BDP-105 are things I don't worry about in my signal chain. I just need to get my room dialed in better!

On the plus side, I was shocked last night by how much better the home theater was sounding with the room treatment I'm working on for the two channel setup. It surprised me last night, and I was just watching a TV show and I kept going "why does this sound so good tonight?!?" when I realized the only changes I made was QRD diffusers on the ceiling.  :)  I can hardly wait till I get some 1D diffusers built for the sides and front of the room - that and the Torii (for the extra db) and I'm all set!

Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #36 - 09/20/13 at 00:09:36

Quote:
Reply #29 - Today at 9:05am    Man, the stars have come into alignment... My schedule has changed and I will be able to make at least Friday night and Saturday!! I cannot wait! I have wanted to attend for years.

Now for the important question.. will the Imperials (in any form) be setup? How about the corner horns? I can only hope..

Thanks for hosting this and the great opportunity.  :)

The corner horns are always here along with a pair of Imperial SO, both architecturally integrated into the listening room.

WWW   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #37 - 09/20/13 at 16:29:47

Reply #28....leaked photo....you're killing me Steve. ...what a beautiful Amplifier. I do look forward to seeing it on the Website, reading your notes...and ordering it!  It is happening.  -S

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Reply #38 - 09/23/13 at 04:12:48

Fantastic Steve. I am stoked.   Smiley

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #39 - 10/06/13 at 18:19:01

Brianne and I got back late last night. She really enjoyed herself, Steve and family are very welcoming as always, and everyone we met this weekend were very nice.

Bri and I had a discussion on the long drive home; Steve's down to earth honesty comes through in his amps...the amps are "honest" with the music, and we were feeling that everyone who showed up are attracted to that honesty and are honest people themselves. It's a great group, and I felt right at home with everyone immediately, like we've been hanging out with them for years. I really wish we could have stayed another night, just to hang out and chat. I found that once people got their critical listening done, they spent very little time in the audio-chapel and simply enjoyed each others company. (at least till a really good tune presented itself, then everyone comes a runnin' LOL)

I've been away from high end audio for many years now (12+ I think), even had my zen amp shelved and only had home theater speakers and surround sound receiver to for many years. Picking up a set of MG944 and having my Zen amp souped up really brought my listening back to life. It's really something I missed. So I honestly don't know a lot about Steve's lineup, and the progression of amps over the years. I can say though, that the Torii MK IV and especially the Mystery amp simply sound amazing. Absolutely worth every penny...and that's coming from someone who really has trouble spending $1500 on a pair of speakers!

Sadly I really fell in love with the Mystery amp...so if someone needs lawns mowed or computers fixed, I'm for hire!  ;D

Thank you Steve and Family for putting up with us stomping around your shop and I'm sure making a mess of the place. And thank you all for being such great company! What a fantastic weekend, and I'm already looking forward to next year as well!

Auguie

Reply #40 - 10/07/13 at 02:23:48

Well, I got back from Decfest about an hour ago, after visiting with my in-laws in west/central Indiana.  Lots of time in the car to think and reminisce about the day I just spent at Steve's place.  Great music, great company, good food.  Wish I could have stayed longer.  Maybe next year.

Anyway, I was completely blown away by the Mystery Amp.  I think everyone else was too, as no one hooked up the mono blocks sitting on the table with the mystery amp (at least not that I saw).  I was also very impressed with the Rachel driving the HDT's.  Much more headroom than my Zen mono's, and deeper bass.  It looks like a Rachel is in my future, unless I come into lots of free money...then it's going to be a Mystery Wink  And finally, the mystery amp with Bob's HR1's was stunning!!!  I left the room mumbling about being able to afford an amp, not amp and speakers Embarrassed  I LOVE THIS HOBBY.  

Well, it's been a great weekend, and 4:30 comes very early in the morning, so I'll leave further comments for another time.  But not before thanking Steve, Devon, Bob, and ALL the Decware family for their hospitality.  Without this gathering, I for one would not get the opportunity to meet and interact with people that have the same love of music, and the desire to achieve reproduction in our homes at this level as I do.  Thanks for the Fest!!!

Dan

Decware SE84CS M Monoblocks & HDT Speakers; First Sound Presence Deluxe MK I Pre Amp; Denafrips Aries II DAC;Innous ZenMini MKII server;VPI Scout/Dynavector 10X5 Cart;Phenomena II Phono Pre;XLO/Wireworld/Signal/Transparent Cables.
  IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Reply #41 - 10/07/13 at 05:41:21

Steve, Devon and everyone else involved at Decware:

Thank you!!! The weekend was great and your hospitality was over the top. Don't know if I'll ever make it back, but I'd sure like to..

Dan

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 10/07/13 at 15:53:05

It was fun meeting and talking to everyone. I could not stay too long both Friday and Saturday but I listen to what I needed to. I wanted to see what my headphones sounded like on the Taboo with the new lucid mode. It was awsome and now I need to save up and get it. I also found some new music to buy and listen to. Thanks to everyone and see you next year.
John

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 10/07/13 at 17:22:59

I can't express how nice Steve, Devon, and company are.  It is a special thing when such generous people open their home to any and all who are curious.  Thanks guys.  I wish I could have enjoyed it longer.

Oh yeah, did the tent blow over?!?!   Wink  

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 10/07/13 at 23:54:11

Wow, the feedback on the Mystery Amp is just AWESOME!  It seems like Steve hit ot out of the park and down the highway as well.

Also, the sleeper seems to be the 945 with the Passive Bass Cabs.

One of these days I'll make it there Cool

IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #45 - 10/08/13 at 09:08:14

I was also hoping to come this year, but ill relatives out  West made it impossible. Maybe next year...

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #46 - 10/08/13 at 19:05:37

This is the first chance I have had to post since returning home from Peoria ..... it's a busy life .....

My sincere thanks to the entire Decware family for this year's Zen Fest.  Good music, people and refreshments ..... what more can a person ask for.

There was an unusually good turnout on Friday and it was good to see some familiar faces again and meet quite a few new attendees.

A lot of different amplifier / speaker combinations were heard and the "mystery amp" did not disappoint. It sounded very good with every pair of speakers it was paired with.

As usual, I heard a lot of new music that will be added to my collection in the near future .....

Unfortunately, I had to leave Saturday evening to attend another yearly event with my wife that takes place near my home in Caintuck.

Looking forward to Zen Fest 2014 .....

Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 10/09/13 at 02:30:39

I had a completely wonderful time. The only complaint I had was the weather. it wasn't COLD enough! I enjoy the bonfire, which just did not happen this time. Maybe next year.

Steve has outdone himself again with these new products. He never ceases to amaze me with his creativity. The TORII MK IV in particular along with the Mystery Amp (is that what it will be called going forward?) are superb creations indeed.

The hospitality is top notch as always.

55   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #48 - 10/11/13 at 13:05:34

First off, I wasn't playing photographer this weekend. I was trying to relax and listen...*really* getting into photog mode tires me out and makes me no fun. So I only snapped a couple photos. Remember, the the lighting was comfortably dim, and I don't use flash; so my depth of field is pretty shallow.

My gallery for this event can be found here. I doubt anyone feels these photos are print worthy, but if anyone wants a print, I can activate that feature in the gallery and you can order copies for yourself.

http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/p436352064

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #49 - 10/11/13 at 13:50:17

Nice pics! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print