Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:15:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware speakers for home theater (Read 14670 times)
dk3273
Verified Member

Decware speakers for home theater
06/28/13 at 05:28:18

What Decware speakers would be better for home theater the HDTs or MG944s?

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: Decware speakers for home theater
Reply #1 - 06/29/13 at 22:30:21

As a personal preference....MG944's

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
dk3273
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/30/13 at 03:33:20

Thank you. The MG944s look very intriguing. I'm looking for primarily music but also can handle home theater. The price is appealing as well. I can't find very many reviews however. But nonetheless thank you for responding.

IP Logged
Emanuel Sefay
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/11/13 at 06:38:40

Hey have you bought speakers for yourself? Which one did you take? Can you please share the reviews? I have posted my review here.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/11/13 at 07:05:01

Quote:
Emanuel said,
Hey have you bought speakers for yourself? Which one did you take? Can you please share the reviews? I have posted my review here.

That link leads to The World's Hottest Bats?

IP Logged
Rcrfq
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 07/05/17 at 19:54:18

Also, I would like to suggest you MG944's for your home theater.

IP Logged
Cody

Reply #6 - 11/29/19 at 22:52:39

What is the consensus regarding the ERRx's for the left and right channels for a dedicated home theater?

Randy over at Caintuck audio is considering making me a single Lii 15 for my center channel...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/30/19 at 02:20:40

We had a forum member years ago who had four ERR as his left and right front and rear speakers, and I'm not sure what he used for a center speaker. He used a Decware Ultra preamp and I bet that was quite a system!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
derrick2VM
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/17/20 at 08:19:26

I would also think about amplifier like Yamaha A-S1100. It can cost way more than other models of amplifiers, but it's all about quality of sound it offers. Found it here ( https://chooserator.com/best-integrated-amplifier-under-3000 ), and I'm pretty satisfied by all the options it has on it.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #9 - 03/17/20 at 17:59:30

I am using my ERR speakers with a Yamaha (SS) amp in a 2 channel system HT setup and I really love the sound.  The beauty of the radial speakers is that they give you a nice wide soundstage due to their design.  

If your room has zero/minimal room treatments, and/or has a wide open space with vaulted ceilings, the radial speakers are truly a wonder.

If you can spring for the HR-1, they would be amazing in a HT setup.

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
SemperBri
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 03/19/20 at 15:13:54

I am currently using HDT's for my home theater. I am using a Harmon Kardon AVR 1565 and a Polk psw505 to really rumble the house. This has been a budget build from the beginning but bang for my buck I think that the HDT's with this setup is great.

All that being said I am in the market for a dedicated amp for my HDT setup and will probably move to something a little less boutique for my Home theater.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 03/20/20 at 04:39:23

Hey SB,

Check out Parasound's A52+. Lotta bang for the buck.

Randy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print