Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 02:28:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZStage with Decware DHC-1 Power Cord (Read 10032 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

ZStage with Decware DHC-1 Power Cord
06/25/13 at 22:36:14

Does anyone use the Decware DHC-1 Power Cord with their ZStage?  If so....is their a noticeable difference in the soundstage versus their regular power cord?  Does the cost of the cord justify the difference in sound?

My ZStage is done and ready to be shipped, but am holding off another week or so until my Switchbox is done.  That way I can get everything at once.

Thanks,

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: ZStage with Decware DHC-1 Power Cord
Reply #1 - 06/25/13 at 23:39:34

Dom,

I have not tried the Decware DHC-1 cable, but I can hear a difference between other aftermarket cables I have tried on the Zstage.

It has been a long time now, so I can't be specific, but I did decide at some point for every one of my components, that better cables sounded better. Typical stuff...more range, more flow, more dynamic, more transparent....and each cable does these things a little different. Thus the reason I cable roll every so often to come up with an optimal sound at that particular stage of my explorations.

It may not be huge, but quite enough for my ears and desires, and in fact sort of huge from that serious listening perspective if you know what I mean.

If you are using better cables elsewhere and like them, I would say you can expect similar improvements with your Zstage, and maybe even more since your Zstage, especially with the beeswax caps, will be very, very transparent and revealing once burned in.

That said, the stock cable will let you feel the qualities of the Zstage as you get used to it.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 06/26/13 at 04:54:37

Will...thanks for your input. With building my system from scratch so to speak, I am sure that there will be some huge differences.  I am currently re-ripping my entire cd collection bit perfect with no compression, so that will change things as well.

I do think that once I get rid of my SS amp and buy the Torii that I will experience pure bliss.  I can't wait until that day comes. But the best part is the build up and the journey along the way.  

Again....thanks for your take on the power cord and its impact on the music.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/26/13 at 15:42:23

I don't know, I have always been into the lucid sound, and I have really good stuff for the front end... DAC, computer, player software, and cables...and really good stuff after that, so I can hear everything. It depends so much on so many things aside from the obvious gear too...power, vibration and room being big influences. Even so, I suppose some might find some of the stuff I hear subtle...can't say for sure. But a number of relatively subtle things will add up to something that is not subtle. Interestingly, my wife hears everything I hear. She may interpret it a little different, but she agrees with the same refinements I prefer with eyes closed testing and no input from me.

I agree with the no compression thing. A lot of folks find FLAC or ALAC good and can't hear a difference between them and WAV or AIFF. When I was first looking into it, I could hear it using a computer that was tweaked for music playing...not huge, but there, and since drives are pretty cheap, decided not to compromise. I was using a nice system though with a lot of Decware stuff adjusted for lucidity though, so the system was very revealing.

I expect the Zstage will be a nice addition before your amp. Getting that Tube Stage in to bring out the even order harmonics alone should be pretty exciting. I look forward to how you find it.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 06/26/13 at 16:06:49

The Decware power cord is a very good value for money cord.

I no longer use them in my system because I've found a much more expensive one to work better for my power treatment and components, and have been adding those to the system when I can. They work better for me, but they are hardly the value for the dollar that the Decware is. I'v a few of the Decware ones still, I use them with instrument amplification. Where they contribute to great sound.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print