Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:55:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Superzen and Tekton Lore - great combo! (Read 8627 times)
roncagg
Verified Member

Superzen and Tekton Lore - great combo!
06/05/13 at 01:16:03

Just thought I'd share my experiences with the above combo. I have the 4ohm super zen, still pretty new. I drove Gallo 3.1s (clipped at too low a volume for me), Parker audio sig 95s (excellent resolution and drive, a little light in the bass), Zu Omens (even with their high sensitivity, the 12 ohm load was not a great match).

Enter the Lores. Especially good for jazz/pop vocals. Bass, as many say, tuneful but not overpowering (maybe a little light for my taste). 2w has never gone so far! Plenty loud and dynamic. I was surprised that I did not need to boost it with my CSP2 (I will try anyway for fun). Interestingly I prefer the zen over my other amps (spectron, red wine audio) with this speaker.

Highly recommended, and an economical match to the wonderful zen!

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Superzen and Tekton Lore - great combo!
Reply #1 - 06/05/13 at 07:15:17

That's good to know ... I was on Audio Circle (Omega Speaker Circle) and there was a post from a guy stating that (despite the high sensitivity of the Lores) the Lore crossover has several caps, an inductor, and a resistor (per speaker) so the passive crossover components were interfering to the point that it reduces SPLs and the Superzen 2 watts and another 5 watt amp struggled to get to moderate volumes in his room.

Anyways, I'm glad they are working out for you, I was once thinking about the Lores as well.

IP Logged
AlexR
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/13 at 22:16:15

This is excellent news. I have a Zen select coming in a few weeks and will be pairing it with some Lores. I'll admit I've been nervous about this combination, so I'm glad to see this thread.

AlexR   IP Logged
roncagg
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/05/13 at 23:46:05

I'm curious to hear what you think. I have volume around 2:00 for reasonable levels, driven by a 2v DAC (metrum octave). I would probably use the CSP2 with my phono pre and the superzen, because of the lower level. Haven't tried that yet though. Good luck!

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #4 - 11/14/14 at 22:52:13

I have Tekton Lores hooked to superzen in near field sitting position. I rarely need to turn up past 10 o'clock. 9 o'clock if the bias switch is toggled to the rear of the zen.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print