Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 20:01:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cable Burn in for Silver/Copper Interconnects (Read 5296 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Cable Burn in for Silver/Copper Interconnects
05/11/13 at 16:47:40

I have been doing some reading on cable burn for Silver and Copper interconnects.  

Is there any truth to the statement that Silver wires need a higher current to be properly burned in??  The reason for asking is that if I purchase a set of pure silver interconnects and use them with a turntable, or and ipod with low level voltage output , will the current ever be strong enough to burn in the Silvers properly.  I have heard that with Copper it's not a problem.

I know that I could easily swap out the turntable cable to another device to burn it in, but the iPod cable will be a problem.  

I had just received my MAC SilverQuad+ cable last night that Steve already burned in for me.  I will report back when I get a chance.  

I do have a separate CD made specifically for Speaker burn.....will that suffice for the cable as well?

Any input would be appreciated

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Cable Burn in for Silver/Copper Interconnects
Reply #1 - 01/20/14 at 09:05:19

Get yourself a cable burner like the frybaby. Silver takes a longer time than copper ( so they say) but I dont really think you will find any data on the extra hours.

The burn in makes a huge difference since the voltage on the IC is pretty low and can take a long time. The frybaby is money well spent.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print