Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
right channel problem (Read 6390 times)
Captain Haddock
Verified Member

right channel problem
05/07/13 at 06:53:45

Hi!

I bought a csp2+ last year to complement my taboo and I noticed that the right channel is not as loud and focused as the left channel. The problem is quite subtle but it is definitely an issue; the sound seems to have dept only on the left, on the right everything seems 2d. The input and output pots are at the same position left and right, I tried to roll every tubes in the CSP2+ and the problem persists. When I bypass the CSP2+ and plug my source directly in the taboo, everything is fine, both channel sound great.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Captain Haddock
Verified Member

Re: right channel problem
Reply #1 - 05/28/13 at 05:28:06

Ok I just received new tubes that solved the issue (Phillips 6DJ8). So I guess my Electro Harmonix 6922's were to blame after all which is weird because I rolled them all and even so, the right channel issue persisted. Anyone else had a bad experience with Electro Harmonix tubes, is it a brand to avoid?

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #2 - 05/28/13 at 09:55:08

In general, new production tubes are overpriced compared with NOS tubes .

In terms of reliability, I'll stick to a NOS Russian tube if I'm on a tight budget.
Otherwise, any NOS American or European tube will both outlast and sound better than the New Production tubes!!!!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/13 at 11:02:09

Electro Harmonix 6922's are supposed to be rugged. The key is buying them from a vendor such as Jim McShane who will test them and make sure you are getting a tube that is O.K.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/28/13 at 11:53:09

www.cryoset.com offers them as one of their "super" cryo'd preamp tubes, in my experience a good thing.

http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=81&products_id=260&osCsid=...

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print