03/28/24 at 12:32:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZSTAGE!!!! (Read 7333 times)
gatornavy
Verified Member

ZSTAGE!!!!
03/29/13 at 23:44:30

The awesome-ly amazing forum member known as "Pale Rider" was incredibly generous and sent me his ZSTAGE, a pair of Decware Silver Reference Interconnects, some extra tubes to experiment with and a couple other accessories.  I am so thankful that there are just no words to express just how thankful I am. Really.

I tried the ZSTAGE on my turntable and liked it. Then I hooked it up to my Logitech Squeezebox touch and absolutely fell in love with it. Streaming both standard and high resolution music files with the ZSTAGE brought new life into my digital music collection (4tb worth- I LOVE music) that I had given up on for serious listening.

My equipment is pretty modest. I've got a Harman/Kardon AVR 335 receiver, a pair of Energy RC-30 speakers, a Pro-ject Debut Carbon turntable, and the Logitech. Certainly, not anything special, and this is equipment that took me a few years to piece together. With the ZSTAGE hooked up, it sounds incredible: Warm, dynamic, REAL.  I didn't think anything could sound better than vinyl... now I'm not quite so sure. I cannot imagine how much better recorded music could possibly sound. I am completely satisfied.

...However, I now want more Decware stuff. If the ZSTAGE made this much of an improvement, I can pretty safely bet anything else made by them would make my music sound better.  I am honestly considering selling my beloved Fender Custom Shop 1956 Stratocaster and amps to fund my new Decware love. And trust me, I love to play my guitar. Ugh...  :D

Thanks again, Greg!!

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: ZSTAGE!!!!
Reply #1 - 03/30/13 at 00:28:40

The pleasure is all mine Ron. Glad to hear that you are getting the benefit of that ZSTAGE.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/01/13 at 02:15:16

The Pale Rider recently did me an amazing tube-related favor as well. Enjoy the ZSTAGE!

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
gatornavy
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/06/13 at 21:45:51

What a great guy!! I finally had the opportunity to try out the Mullard 12AT7 that he sent along with the ZSTAGE. Wow! Diana Krall is right in front of me!! This thing is awesome...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print