Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 17:19:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what type of interconnects (Read 11684 times)
JD
Seasoned Member

what type of interconnects
02/26/13 at 15:18:40

are you guys using with the ZP3?  Really getting pumped to spin some vinyl again...couple weeks away.

Thanks

JD

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Re: what type of interconnects
Reply #1 - 02/26/13 at 17:14:21

I am using Grover Huffman's latest version of his copper/silver/aluminum interconnects, with carbon nickel shielding, thruout both of my Decware based systems. Check it out at www.groverhuffman.com.

He is well known on the Steve Hoffman hardware forums.

I've been a faithful customer of Grover's for years, of his speaker cables, interconnects, and now his power cords.

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 02/26/13 at 20:29:28

As the input cables for my ZP3 I use the captive cables on my Rega RP3 turntable. They're surprisingly good. From the ZP3 to the CSP2+ I tried three different cables I had on hand when it first arrived. First I used the MAC (My Audio Cables) Silver Quad + cables. .  .very open and clear but a bit too lean. I think tried one of the cryoset.com cables I had on hand in use and it was quite nice, but I really needed that in another position. So I dug out my trusty old TARA Labs RSC Reference cables and they were a great match, a touch of warmth, plenty of air and dynamics. I never enjoyed those cables more. But when I received my Mapleshade "Samson V.3" rack I couldn't use the TARA Labs cable, they weren't flexible enough to be used where the two preamps had to be. So I took a friend's advice and ordered a used pair of Analysis Plus Oval 8 interconnects. He told me these would be similar to the TARA Labs and he was right, very very nice, perhaps even a bit better. So I've been happily using these.

Last week, because I will need another set of interconnects flexible enough to use nowt hat I have another CSP2+ on the way to add to the system I picked up a used set of VooDoo Audio Evolution interconnects and slipped them into the system between the PS A Perfectwave DAC Mk II and the CSP2+ and was completely floored. Better than the cryoset.com interconnects in that place, which surprised me. These are silver conductors and POCC copper conductors in oil filled teflon dielectric and cryo'd with Cardas connectors. All the wonderful qualities of the cryoset that I love with an added bit of warm clarity. I'll be on the lookout for more affordable pairs of these, I think they would work great where I now have Analysis Plus and cryoset.com cabling. No hurry, as I'm loving the sound right now.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/27/13 at 00:03:01

Roksan high defs feed the ZMC from the tt then it`s Decware DSC`s all the way.You could say I use them as stocks. Before, I used Chord Cadenzas between the su and ZM3 and to pre. These sound muffled by comparison. They really do open up with clarity  throughout the spectrum. ( like the ZM3 )

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/09/13 at 23:51:05

ZP3 arrived today and wow am I impressed.  Right now using an old HH Scott direct drive turntable (1976 I think) till I can get the funds to purchase a new table and cartridge...boy does this look fantastic and sounds great right out of the gate...aah good times. Breaking it in with Jim James new album and some early Nick Drake. God do I love vinyl brings me right back to listening to my parents records growing up...great vibe going.

JD

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 04/10/13 at 01:18:44

Congrats JD! It's going to keep on getting better.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JAG
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 04/10/13 at 19:21:32

I have paired my ZP3 with my Taboo MK III that arrived last week.  This is a headphone only system with the only source being an AR turntable with a low output cartridge and a Bob's Devices SUT.  I probably have 10 - 12 hours, mostly with Bob's Devices Vintage interconnects, but also some time with Decware .5m DSR cables.  The jury is still out as to which cable combination is best, but I can tell you the detail and depth of the ZP3 + MK III is almost magic coming through LCD-2's, and almost as good with a pair of HD800's.  I also succumbed to Steve's seductive marketing and picked up a couple pair of .5m DSG cables, but I've been too busy enjoying the music to swap cables again.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/23/13 at 18:35:10

Mike,
Thanks a lot for letting me know about Grover and his cables.  Just received  a pair and they are fantastic right out of the box they are giving me a more intense sound and are very well made.  Looks like his connectors are very similar to the xhadow connector but for a lot less money...I will be purchasing a couple more of these...possibly a power cord or two as well. very impressed.  Listening to an album I am very familiar with: Sigur Ros' "med sut ieyrum vit spilum eudalaust" album (gotta love Icelandic) and I'm hearing crisper and higher levels of detail than with my previous shielded interconnects.

JD

JD

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/24/13 at 00:07:08

JD,  I'm really glad you like Grover's interconnects.  In the past several years, they have gone thru a number of changes, and I've used at least  7-8 different versions of his latest upgraded cable.  Each new version has had minimal to moderate improvement in my two Decware systems, but this latest one with the connectors he designed and had custom fabricated, made a BIG difference.

I feel that many people think he's just another person making cables in their garage.   Well, read  the reviews on his website and see what his customers think. Some of these people have replaced multi-thousand dollar interconnects/speaker cables with his creations.  

Wait until you get some hours on them, there will be further refinement.

And...his power cords are something else for the price he charges.

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print