Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:25:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Torii MK III Pelican Case (Read 1036 times)
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

The Torii MK III Pelican Case
02/15/13 at 20:22:25

Today, I received the Pelican case cut for my Torii amp.  I did not order the Pelican when I got my Torii amps in 2011, but when a need to ship my Torii back to Decware arose, and I strangely could not find my original boxes, I decided to request one. That was about 10 days ago, and it arrived today. Should have bought it when I bought the amp.

I have owned small Pelican stuff before, but nothing on this scale, for this heavy an item. Decware's cutouts of the foam inside are perfect for the Torii of course. The case is typical Pelican. Black in color, which means a shipping label is easy to read, and it doesn't scream I am expensive, steal me!". It is wheeled, with a retractable, though not telescoping handle. The retractable handle is manually unlocked at the base of the handle, not by any push-button mechanism on the handle. It's heavy, the empty case weighing 22 pounds.

Is what it is, does what it does. Glad I got it; I feel better about shipping or transporting precious Decware equipment in it. Will probably get another for the Ultra if the team offers it.

Pelican.jpg

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: The Torii MK III Pelican Case
Reply #1 - 02/15/13 at 20:52:27

Looks impressive! You should make that bad boy earn its keep and rent it out when one of us needs to transport or ship a Torii. Cheesy

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Hipfan

Reply #2 - 03/07/13 at 03:49:06

What are these cases worth? I don't see it on the website anymore.

Torii MK3, Icon Audio PS2, Rega P5, azur 640C V2, Klipsch Forte II (Crites), PS Audio Duet, MAC cabling
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #3 - 03/08/13 at 07:52:09

I believe that the Amp is shipped out in the Pelican case now.

Reason I know is because I recently asked Sarah via e-mail some questions w.r.t. the topic of shipping options in the US of A.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/08/13 at 15:11:30

Not sure, but I think they are still an extra cost option. If not, the inclusion of the case would be a nice discount on the Torii itself. it cost me $299 plus shipping. I am sure the Pelican could be bought separately from some discount  source cheaper, but it's nice to have it cut for the Torii.

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #5 - 03/08/13 at 16:39:56

The customized case looks very cool.

I wouldn't mind paying extra if necessary.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/08/13 at 21:32:38

Being a beast in its own right at over 20 pounds, it adds considerably to the heft of a UPS shipment, and the final freight charge, but it does impart a greater sense of confidence in a good outcome when you turn it over to them for shipping.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/08/13 at 21:51:37

I know I'll wish I had one when I move next month. Those are very cool.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 07/19/13 at 14:21:31

Well, I received a Torii Mk III yesterday shipped in a Pelican case and must say WOW, what a wonderful case and what great protection for the amp.

And secondly "THANK YOU STEVE"!

Now I finally have a Mk III with bass controls. I'm going to give it a very long break-in in my second system because I spend so little time with my own system I don't want to go through the break-in during precious listening time, and my original Mk III sounds so amazing since I had the Jupiter caps installed.

I have two Mk IIIs now, and a Mk II and a C amp (in my Dad's system). Wow. It's like a dream life!

IP Logged
ryandigital
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 07/23/13 at 23:52:28

ITs so great with the pelican case for shipping
good job/ decware

IP Logged
onethousandanswers
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 01/17/15 at 04:15:07

Wish more audio gear had such customized shipping protection! Great idea.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print