Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 13:04:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZP3 and ZMC1 Arrived Today (Read 7318 times)
JeffS
Verified Member

ZP3 and ZMC1 Arrived Today
02/13/13 at 02:57:16

After a wait of many weeks they are here!  However I'm not sure which are the input jacks and which are the output jacks on both units.  The on-line manual for the ZP3 shows the jacks on the front, labeled as to input and output, but mine are on the back.  No manual for the ZMC1 to indicate ins and outs.  Can anyone help?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZP3 and ZMC1 Arrived Today
Reply #1 - 02/13/13 at 03:29:09

facing the front of the amp, the inputs are on the right of the back, and the output on the left of the back.

Congrats! You're going to be very happy.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JeffS
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/13/13 at 04:37:13

Thanks Lon.  Same for the ZMC1 probably?  I'll have it connected and breaking in tomorrow!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 02/16/13 at 16:20:53

I haven't needed the step up transformer, but I would assume so. Hope you got it up and running. Would love to hear your impressions.

I just love my ZP3 . . . It works so very well with my Rega RP3.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/16/13 at 21:28:31

Heyy Jeffs, congrats.
Inside rca`s `in`, ..outside `out`both units.
These beauties will need a little-burn in time.
To think this glorious sound is coming through
the ZP3 & ZMC is just......

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
JeffS
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 02/16/13 at 21:38:11

Thanks for the help.  Had them up and running right away with Lon's input and trying it both ways on the SUT.  I've been listening through them and assume burn in is needed, but have quite a bit of tube rush sound.  I don't think it's a ground loop hum since it gets louder with higher volume settings.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 02/21/13 at 01:32:50

Hope the hum has subsided! (?) I've been lucky with the ZP3 and haven't had any hum or noise problems of import. I have been enjoying mine as my vinyl system settles in, I spin record after record some days. Just get drawn in. You could have some great sounds ahead of you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print