03/29/24 at 00:37:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Product Loyalty (Read 468 times)
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Product Loyalty
01/29/13 at 13:50:34

No more evaluation necessary.  Although I own and appreciate a small menagerie of Mr. Deckert's electronics and loudspeakers I had to try an experiment last night.

Though I've come to appreciate the delicacy of of lower powered vacuum tubed amp I grew up on high powered (and unfortunately expensive) "brand name" gear.  

While listening to one of my more "powerful" systems last night, the instinct hit me that there was a bit too much "bloom" in the sonic presentation of some of my favorite recordings.

I decided on a whim to replace a well broken in tubed preamp (nearly 18K) with one of Steve's CSP2+ preamps.

Instantly, everything came into focus.  Three dimensionally that wasn't there before, soundstage wider, taller, and deeper than with the expensive piece.  I'm keep the "name brand" monster tube power amp but from this day forward, Decware Engineering is my supplier of choice for all things audiophile.  Since I'm an officer of my local audio society they will hear of my "discovery" at our next get together.

Thank you so much for producing wonderfully engineered and crafted U.S.A. built products.  You have a customer here for life.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Product Loyalty
Reply #1 - 01/29/13 at 14:13:22

HD,

The CSP2+ is amazing insn't it?  I'm constantly "wowed" by mine. Such a great component!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/29/13 at 16:08:46

CSP2 is a benchmark piece of audio equipment. It would never occur to me to not have that preamp in the lineup no matter how much "playing around" I do. Decware CSP2 responsible for many of my best listening moments. It responds well to really good tubes too.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/09/13 at 01:35:38

I think a part of that loyalty is Mr Deckert to his craft.

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print