Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 02:39:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brand new to Decware and forum.. (Read 9684 times)
Gregory1
Ex Member

Brand new to Decware and forum..
12/08/12 at 21:00:40

New to tubes.  I have a question.  The SE84CKC vs ZS..  Your description is more technical then my tiny brain can wrap around.  When all is said and done I will have two sources that I would like to run through your amp. 1.  Is that option removed in the ZS (which has nicer body/furniture grade wrap and the look I was after).  2. The Vcap upgrade is still avail on the ZS vs the wax foil Jupiter on the CKC...  or is the ZS now also CKC inside.

Hope this make sense because my head is spinning.  Thanks for the time

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Brand new to Decware and forum..
Reply #1 - 12/09/12 at 02:31:36

I believe that the ZEN SELECT is a SUPER ZEN in a different housing.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Gregory1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/09/12 at 14:45:15

thank you.   I was not sure because on the site it said "The main difference is the chassis and the slightly more purist approach by eliminating the input selector switch and making the amp work with a single source only.  " and "One set of input jacks goes through the volume control, one set is direct.   Thats where i got lost.  Thanks for taking the time to respond

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/09/12 at 15:14:40

I also thought that the SELECT has only one set of input jacks. A second pair (which the SUPER ZEN has already) would cost as an option. Then the SELECT does not have an input bias switch. The bias is set between "hot" and "laid back."

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Gregory1
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/09/12 at 15:22:13

Thats where I got confused when looking at the ZS.  In the description of the CKC "The bass surprises everyone, and the amp features two inputs and a selector switch so you can have two sources"  That was what I was after -with a nicer finish?  Thanks again for trying to help.  Really want one of these amps

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/09/12 at 18:30:15

I'm wrong again. The ZEN SELECT product page states it has two inputs standard.

Steve told me once that he could add an input bias switch. Remember you will be getting one with the black chassis.

55   IP Logged
Gregory1
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/11/12 at 04:06:53

so can I get a ZS with an input switch, preferably hidden in back..Love the clean look of this amp

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/11/12 at 11:14:54

You should call up there to see what could be built for you.

55   IP Logged
Gregory1
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/11/12 at 14:04:11

will do, thanks for trying to help

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print