Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:43:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rachel has arrived! (Read 9389 times)
ncblue

Rachel has arrived!
12/05/12 at 21:59:50

Well the third times the charm. When I first received the amp I was getting a kind of vocal distortion when playing certain albums. Maybe clipping, although the meters did not indicate that. Probably just a handshake problem with my Modwright preamp. Anyway, Steve was great and he finally got it all sorted out with a stepped attenuator with which I just reduce the gain a couple of notches and viola!
How does my Rachel with Vcaps sound? Fantastic! It really has a vibrant and lively flow to the music. I can see where people use "immediacy" to describe the sound of SETs. There is enough dynamic headroom with my Zu Omen Definitions and it has beautiful tone. I'm sure it will get better and better with break in, but I am very pleased at the moment.
Thanks to everyone at Decware for being patient and taking the extra time to make my purchase work in my system! Smiley

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Re: Rachel has arrived!
Reply #1 - 12/06/12 at 05:39:47

Congrats! It will only get better. I have about 500 hours with my V-capped Torii and it continues to surprise me. I have Zu Superfly's and while I would love to hear some Decware speakers, Decware and Zu is a match made in heaven. I am waiting for the NanoTech drivers to come in Janaury. Decware and 100 dB fullrange drivers, what's not to love. Wink

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/07/12 at 01:56:22

Congrats!  ... BUT, where's the pics?   Smiley

IP Logged
ncblue

Reply #3 - 12/07/12 at 02:12:21

Pics coming after I move. My system is in a temporary setup now. Will post pics in a couple weeks. Moving into a more ideal spot soon.

IP Logged
ncblue

Reply #4 - 12/21/12 at 04:24:02

Well the move is done and the system is sounding great in my new room. Rachel is burning in nicely. The amp is fast and dynamic, a real foot tapper. The soundstage is breathtaking. Could use a little more headroom, but that is to be expected in the larger size room. Maybe a second amp sometime in the future and run them mono Cool

systempic1_Copy.jpg
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/21/12 at 19:17:59

Thanks for the pic NC and the info on Rachaels capabilities.
Like they say here..it will only get even more so  8-)

So near and yet so far, I`m in limbo land on the last
page before `on the bench` for my pair of SE341.1`s.
Looking at your pic it seems bigger than I thought in
a real setting.
I`m considering placing the Decware gear at floor level
like you have. With 4 amps sporting sizeable tubes I like
the idea.
What I like about your pic is what the ethos is here.
You dont need a ton of watts to drive an impressively
sized pair of speakers and get true quality results.
Thanks again.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
ncblue

Reply #6 - 12/22/12 at 02:08:41

Yeah Marky,
Rachael drives the Zus really well. I had Outkast and the Wu Tang Clan pumping yesterday! The gauges allow you to get to the edge without pushing too hard. Rhythmically, this amp is something else. Very direct and fun.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print