Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:33:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ERR's Not Listed on the Speaker Link ... (Read 13556 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

ERR's Not Listed on the Speaker Link ...
12/05/12 at 08:35:54

The new HR-1's are there, but the ERR's aren't.  Just wondering where they went ... Could there be an update or something coming for the ERR's?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: ERR's Not Listed on the Speaker Link ...
Reply #1 - 12/05/12 at 13:34:49

I don't know what link you are referring to, but I see on the SPEAKERS link the ERR's R there but the HR ONES are not.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/05/12 at 22:43:49

The new HR-1's are there, but the ERR's aren't.

Same here.
DNA horns only on DIY page.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/05/12 at 23:12:07

ERR's are still listed under the speakers link but the HR1's are not. You all must be referring to a different place.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/05/12 at 23:15:49

Your computer must be loading the old page.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/06/12 at 07:27:19

Ok, I just clicked the link and the ERRs are definitely NOT there.  I'm using MS Explorer 9, I just cleared all my cookies then refreshed the page 3 or 4 times and they are nowhere to be found.

Interesting that the page is new (as in "new format and layout") and can't be more than a few days old.  I used both links from the home page (the Tube shaped icon link on the right side and the Tab link at the top of the home page) and the new speaker splash pages comes up with the speakers listed from top to bottom (priced higest to lowest) as follows:

HR-1
ZOB
MG944
DM945
TRAPS

The page is def new and the ERRs are not there and the DIY link is not working at all for me either.   Smiley

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #6 - 12/06/12 at 13:51:25

Guy's.....

The ERR's have been taken off the page, yes!!!

First off....We are running out of parts for the current version, with the HR-Ones going on the page, we are going to try to step the ERR's up a notch or two. Getting so close to the specialty parts running out, (take tweeter brackets for instance) if a customer needs a replacement, and we don't have any, what do you do?

Secondly....Both Steve and I want to get away from the grills that are currently on the ERR's...Personally I think they suck!!!  I hate the look, not necessarily what the ERR's look like from across the room, but how they look up close. The lady that sews them does an excellent job, but there is no way to hide the seams. There have been more broken grills in shipment than any other product we ship, a big waste of time remaking grills. With the grills shipping in a separate box, this leaves the radial driver exposed to being crushed during shipment, it still happens, but not like it used to.

Steve is working on a new look/design which addresses all of the above. We talked about it during the fest this year and I think the idea we came up with (mostly Steve)  is going to be a killer look. Then they will get tweaked...No, that won't take ten years as it did on the HR-Ones, I'll never go thru that again. Was it worth it, the short answer is YES.  

If you were thinking of pulling the plug on a pair of ERR's, you may still be able to do so. You might call Sarah and have her check with Steve. But beware, it could take awhile. I am currently 6 months behind.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 12/06/12 at 14:25:13

Interesting news Bob! Great speakers. . . getting better. That's the Steve and Bob way!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/06/12 at 23:04:42

YES!  This is cool, I just sold some of my AV equipment to purchase a pair, but I am going to hold out for the new ones ... I can't wait to see them!  Knowing Zygi's work I can imagine real beauties!

Zygi, do you forsee a drastic price raise?  

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #9 - 12/07/12 at 15:27:16

Thanks Lon...As always enjoy reading your posts!

beowulf...can't say about any price increases.  Some of the idea we have is going to probably require some outsourcing and that is the biggest unknown at this time.

I'm sure if the outsourcing items get to be too costly, just for the sake of looks, with no sonic benefits, we would go back to the drawing board.

Of course we want a good looking speaker, Decware is not about eye candy, it's more about ear candy.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
davem
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 08/04/13 at 23:48:03

I'm finding your forum posts very helpful.  I am going to try placing an order for the ERR's and see what happens.  Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print