04/18/24 at 19:19:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Remote control (Read 5593 times)
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Remote control
11/16/12 at 17:44:55

It is even possible to built the csp2 with a remote control for the volume?
Im not sure the reason behind it for not having one. Do people just get up just to adjust the volume?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Remote control
Reply #1 - 11/16/12 at 17:48:25

Well, yes, sometimes. Two of my sources have remote volume. But I am not averse to occasionally getting up to adjust the volume. It's not that often I need to.

I love the CSP2+ and don't mind it being without a remote volume control. I don't think there's room in there for a motorized pot, and possibly there would be a sonic downside>?

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #2 - 11/16/12 at 21:35:30

I use my CSP2+ primarily as a headphone amp.

This unit has a very wide dynamic range, meaning that you can hear the highs and lows comfortably without having to re-adjust the volume.
In practical terms, I can set the volume at a certain number of clicks (coz mine has the stepped attenuator) and not have to adjust the volume again for 99% of the time. The 1% applies to a few songs which were recorded at a very unusually high volume to begin with.
Having a wide dynamic range is the result of how well the CSP2 was designed! Smiley

Some audiophiles also believe that having a remote option will degrade the sonics of the said equipment. Maybe this could be the reason?

Or maybe it is because of a lack of space in the wooden base?

As Lon has suggested, if you pair your CSP2 with a source with remote, that will serve as a remote "option" if needed.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/17/12 at 02:33:38

That is as good an answer to this question as I could ever imagine. The DECWARE line in general does not emulate modern, full featured black box solid state digital gear.

Welcome to the forum, Ricardo.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print