Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:00:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
+ SE341.2 + ZDC + ERRs (Read 14705 times)
Luis

+ SE341.2 + ZDC + ERRs
11/05/12 at 19:38:38

Hello there,

As this is my first time, let me just take the chance to say hi and introduce myself, I am Luis, from Spain, a more than happy owner of a SE341.2, ZDC and ERRs (does anyone remember his life before Decware... Smiley???)

Two years have passed already and now I was thinking about the possibility of increasing my decware family adding the CSP2+, for this I will kindly ask for your opinion, does anyone know this combination? any feed back about how it could sound? I am not looking for more volume, but for more overall improvement... if possible...

I have already asked Steve about this, but in the meantime it would be great to know about your impressions.

Thanks everybody in advance!!

Luis

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: + SE341.2 + ZDC + ERRs
Reply #1 - 11/05/12 at 20:35:03

Luis, Welcome! Glad to see you here.

I used to own the .2 and still have the CSP2 I used to pair it with at times. It will make a change to the sound of the Integrated. You'll notice a "thickening" in a sense, the bass will have a bit more weight and the high end can get a bit sweeter. There's a lot of adjustment of the gain and you can tailor the sound a bit that way. Also if you have any balance issues left to right, these can be corrected. And if you like to listen via headphones I think the CSP2 can be a great headphone amp (I don't listen to headphones and asked Steve to build one without a headphone jack.)

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #2 - 11/05/12 at 21:30:49

Hey Lon,

Thanks a lot for your answer, you know what? reading your posts made me think about the possibility of getting the CSP2, I saw you really enjoy it with the Torii and that made me wonder how it could be with the .2

I will not use it with headphones either, I will just keep on going with the ERRs!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/05/12 at 21:36:34

I love the ERRs too. . . they're like headphones for a giant head! Smiley

Yes, I use my old CSP2 in the bedroom system and I have a new one in my main system, a CSP2+. I got this one with the stepped attenuator option. And I think that it's worth the extra dollars, there seems to be an openness to the sound that I suspect comes from this option. Worth considering! I really love this one, it keeps sounding better week by week!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #4 - 03/22/13 at 19:08:58

Hey, I just wanted to share that I have just made up my mind (took me a while...) and this week I have ordered it!!!!

IP Logged
Luis

Reply #5 - 05/29/13 at 19:10:40

It´s here!!!!   Cheesy  :D
I have just plugged it, I know is too soon, I know I should wait... but I cann´t help it... I have a big smile in my face!!!!!!

IP Logged
Luis

Reply #6 - 05/29/13 at 19:19:07

Maybe somebody knows... reading the CSP2 manual I thought it would come with a 5Y3GT but it comes with a 5U4G, just wondering... and still smiling!!!!!

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/30/13 at 01:16:01

From the CSP2+ page:

TUBES

The CSP2+ comes with the very highest grade 6N1P's which tend to be the warmest sounding and are long life tubes.  You can however use 6922's or 6DJ8's as direct plug-in replacements if you enjoy a little tube rolling.  The CSP2+ usually ships with the a 5U4 rectifier tube, but you can also use 5Y3GT or 5AR4.  The amp is self-biasing so no adjustments are needed for the life of the unit.

IP Logged
Luis

Reply #8 - 06/01/13 at 16:37:38

Hi Lin, yes, you are right, thanks!

Maybe this changed from CSP2 to CSP2+

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 06/01/13 at 17:06:26

You know, it's quite possible, as my CSP2 shipped with  5Y3GT. I do prefer the 5Y3GT in the CSP2+ though to a 5U4 tube, just seems to work best in my system.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 06/01/13 at 21:46:51

Lon........so I took out the well regarded Philips 5r4gy and popped  my Philips 5y3gt into the CSP2+ and a nice change occured. More punchy tighter bass and and some metallic shimmer to guitars where applicable.
No loss to soundstage. Seems like a bit more projection as well.
Took the trusty RCA 5r4gy out of the ZP3 and put the Philips 5r4gy in. Added a bit more air. Think I prefer the RCA but will give it a run to see.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 06/01/13 at 22:33:21

Cool. Sometimes tube rolling can be fun. For me, sometimes. I'm not into it all the time, like it set and forgotten.

IP Logged
Luis

Reply #12 - 06/02/13 at 07:59:20

I´ll give a try to the RCA 5Y3GT and see what happens.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print