Send Topic Print
HR-1-Zen Omni's (Read 60097 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

HR-1-Zen Omni's
11/03/12 at 21:21:23

I just noticed on the Decware home page that the HR-1's are now up for sale.
As I know that I absolutely HAVE to have a pair in Koa wood, it looks like it is going to be a real crappy Christmas for family and frends. Sorry everyone, I have to pay Donnie first.
I want the speakers to match the floors in our upstairs family room, so I can't cheap out at this point, I will man up and pay the extra.
The wood floors look like this,
No that isn't my floor, I don't own a camera or even a cell phone to take a photo of mine, but it sure looks a lot like my floor.
I'm betting that ZYGI can make 'em compliment each other.
I'm going into full austerity mode so that I can get these baby's ordered early next spring.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Re: HR-1-Zen Omni's
Reply #1 - 11/03/12 at 23:35:36

Hi: I would get a wood finish that has some contrast with your floor... It looks better to the eye...

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 11/04/12 at 02:11:36

Mark,
The speakers will be down in my fortified bunker, not in the family room.
I just wanted Koa for continuity throughout the house.
The big problem is figuring out how to hide the true cost from my wife. She thinks that my current computer-DAC-Torii-MG944's setup cost around $800 total. I feel somewhat bad about not telling her the complete truth, but what she does't know won't kill me.
Does anyone else have to resort to "cooking the books" for their hobby?

IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/04/12 at 03:52:50

There should be a patron saint of audio guilt...

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 11/04/12 at 04:27:15

What we need is a tax deduction.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/04/12 at 13:04:25

I don't have to cook the books because I have a track record of buying and selling DECWARE gear - which usually holds it value very well. Unlike those Gucci purses priced at $349.00 to $449.00 that I saw at a table at Costco yesterday . . .

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 11/04/12 at 14:29:17

I don't like bringing up the purse cost factor up in conversations with my wife. It got real ugly when I pointed out that a Walmart sack would serve the same function as the Coach bag she was carrying. Bad move on my part.
I guess that I could sell my MG's to help with the funding of the HR-1's, but in the back of my mind I'm toying around with the thought of giving them away at the next 'fest come October. Just a idea.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/04/12 at 15:36:53

The counter to the purse argument is hard to defend from the purse owner's viewpoint. . . wouldn't a receive and speakers from Target serve the same purpose as the Decware ones?

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/04/12 at 16:00:47

Lon:

The answer to your question is "no." The Target receiver and speakers will "wallpaper" the music and the DECWARE gear will involve you in the music.

This is much like why somebody would reject a ten buck quartz computer watch and embrace a timepiece with a fine case and Swiss-made mechanical movement; even thought the latter would technically keep more perfect time. You are buying the Swiss made mechanical timepiece to represent your relationship with time; not necessarily as the most accurate time keeper.

The purse argument is easily won on an economic analysis. used DECWARE gear keeps 60-90% of its original value; used, the purse is worth bupkus.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/04/12 at 16:21:50

You know different women than I do. I don't quite agree with the success of your defense; they'll offer the same sort of argument on the purses.

What has worked for me is I let my gal have what she wants. My lover girl wants Brahmin purses of Italian leather, and I have to confess they're as functionally beautiful as a Decware product is. Sure a ten dollar bag will hold the same things, but they don't look this way, feel this way, or make HER feel she looks like a million bucks and has a piece of art on her arm. She has five. . . and I know there will be more. In turn, she lets me have my audio art. We both enjoy what we have, together and separately.

Donnie, I hope you have a pair, AND keep the MGs as a back up, or for use elsewhere in your domain.

IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 11/04/12 at 16:30:58

I guess a worse case would be if your wife found out what you really payed for your audio gear AND that you gave the MGs away for nothing...

I would hope that there's nothing heavy in that purse... (m.)

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 11/04/12 at 17:01:45

"Oh Happy Day!"  ;D
At long last these fine speakers are officially "outed" by the Zen Master himself! This is a wonderfully welcomed update. This speaker is the only type of its kind. It is singular in its combination of cabinet shape/design omni directional driver and forward firing mid woofer/tweeter combination. No one but the designer himself has more experience with than me, and I say that with all humility and selfless approbation to Bob and Steve both. Listening to this speaker over a long time period has without a doubt been the most enduring and pleasant audio experience I have ever had in 40 years of listening. IMHO nothing is the end all/be all in high fidelity (read my MG944 review) but these diminutive obelisks do things so wonderfully across the spectrum that render music that "sings" to me every time I turn them on. In a word they make everything "better". They show every nuance that is in the recording yet have an uncanny ability to make average electronics sound so much better. When you put high end amps and sources on these it gets so stupidly good I shake my head and wonder how. The bass authority is astounding. They image and soundstage ANYWHERE! In a treated listening room there apparently just is no speaker in the room. At just under a yard tall and a one square foot footprint the WAF factor is off the chart. In wood or paint stunningly beautiful. The price point is multiples below what these compete with in sound quality. Thanks again Bob and Steve. My best and heartfelt hope is for these to fly off the craftsman's table by the dozens!

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 11/04/12 at 17:09:37

Have to agree. I'm listening to my pair now, and just love them. I love my ERRs as well, I think my ideal speaker would be another fusion of the two, but in this case I have two fantastic pairs of speakers that blow me away.

The bass from the HR-1s is stunning.I think this is the speaker that could put Bob's artistry on the map in the high end world if they could only find it. Here's to a big success!

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #13 - 11/04/12 at 17:55:32

The HR-1's became a must own to me within moments after hearing them. They just sounded "right" to me. Kind of like my MG's, but with something more.
In listening to them back to back with the Zen Open Baffles really pointed out what I liked about them. The ZOB's are what I originally thought I would want for my next speakers. But the HR-1's just were so warm and inviting to me. The sparkle of the treble is what really sold me.
I'm a sucker for high range openess, that and women who like expensive purses.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14 - 11/04/12 at 18:48:38

:)

IP Logged
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 11/23/12 at 11:02:34

What makes these speakers so much more expensive then the rest of the tower from decware?

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #16 - 11/25/12 at 00:52:40

Quote:
What makes these speakers so much more expensive then the rest of the tower from decware?

The radial driver is hand made, hand voiced and hand matched for these speakers.  The cabinets are uniquely complicated, the top containing the drivers decoupled from the bottom of the cabinet make it difficult and time consuming to build.  Frankly these could early retail for $10.000 and still be better than most of the 10 grand speakers out there which was our intension.  The value for dollar spent ratio is exceptionally high.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #17 - 11/28/12 at 23:18:44

I went to a local HiFi establishment today just out of curiosity to see what was what. I asked if they had somthing a little better than the surround sound systems that were in the main showroom.
They took me back into their "highend" room. Macintosh and B&W mostly, pretty nice looking stuff. They asked what I had, and from the blank look that they gave me it was obvious that Decware wasn't even on their radar.
Anyway, they fired up the best of what they had, sorry Charlie, pretty good but not near what I am used to.
Their $7500 speakers didn't sound as good as my MG944's and weren't even in the same zipcode as the HR-1's.
Truthfully, at that moment I became fully aware of how lucky we are to have people such as Steve and Bob building these wonderful products.
My brother, who is not into stereo's at all, was with me, and remarked how that my stereo sounded much better than what we had just listened to.
I'm offically a Decware junky now. I need to get enough money for my next fix!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 12/11/13 at 19:36:06

The HR-1 Zen Omni speakers NEED a forum of their own!

My second pair ships today. Man, to own two pairs of these and a pair of ERR. I'm living like a king! Cheesy

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #19 - 12/11/13 at 19:51:18

I'm quite jealous. I really like those HR-1; they are just out of my price range for a while.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 12/12/13 at 06:16:51

Quote:
Lon said,
The HR-1 Zen Omni speakers NEED a forum of their own!

My second pair ships today. Man, to own two pairs of these and a pair of ERR. I'm living like a king!

Wow, are you serious?  I'm so freaking jealous! Grin

What color did you get this time?  I belive the last ones were a hot-rod sort of color correct?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #21 - 12/12/13 at 10:55:24

My original pair were one of the last prototypes before production models were made. They are a pewter sort of color. The new ones will be maple veneer. They'll go into my second system for thousands of hours. The ERRs in that system will go over to my Dad's system hopefully.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #22 - 01/29/14 at 07:58:10

I am so pleased with my ZMA (only in its 39th hour today).

I need to have the HR-1 for my ZMA, SE84CS and CKC. This means I have to cancel my Torii IV order to get the HR-1. I can't afford both this year. It will have to wait a year or two to hear the IV.

I read what Steve wrote, Chris K., Donnie & Lon. Lon you have two pair, so quite the endorsement! -S

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #23 - 01/29/14 at 10:46:11

Yes, I have to send one speaker back, there's some distortion at higher volumes, but I love these speakers, and so will you. My oriiginal pair are ver well-seasoned and sound stunning. The Mk III and HR-1 combo are all I need.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 01/30/14 at 20:00:51

The pricing on these speakers has seemed to double over the last few years since they were first introduced. is that right?

How well would they work in a 19x21ft room where they are about 2 feet from the back wall (long wall) and 9 ft away from my listening chair?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #25 - 01/30/14 at 20:04:02

You weren't supposed to notice! Smiley

In my opinion they would not be all that they can be in that location, it would be best to get them further out from the wall.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #26 - 01/30/14 at 20:11:18

Yeah, I need a new space eventually but I enjoy saving the money to spend on the toys.

This is essentially a 250square foot studio and it holds my whole life. Tv, couch, bed, entryway, sitting area, office is in half the closet.  :-)  

At least its in a house so I can play at realistic volume into the night.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #27 - 01/30/14 at 20:54:16

Well, I lived like that years ago. I won't say happily, but I did. Didn't have that great a stereo then, but still had fun.

Don't get me wrong, the HR-1s will sound great, but are not going to image and sound stage the way they could in that arrangement.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #28 - 01/31/14 at 06:15:03

Well, this is san diego. a house is $2500 and an apartment with no garage, neighbors on all sides and shared laundry is $1700. ususally with a 45 minute commute.

So I take my small space in exchange for playing jazz at realistic volumes any night of the week and a zma in the mail and 5 minutes to work. we all make sacrifices for our music addiction.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #29 - 01/31/14 at 15:30:44

I can understand living that way, I just no longer could do so. Too much stuff, and even though I winnowed it down to move from Texas to Ohio to care for my parents, too much stuff, and I don't want to lessen what I have, the bulk of which is instruments, music and books I want to keep.

So I can't live in San Diego I guess. Good to know. Wink

I know you would love the HR-1s and I follow your logic. In time perhaps your ship will come in and you could get them room to breathe.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 01/31/14 at 17:06:24

Stellablues, Depending on what you find, if you need to chill the bass and/or midbass due to close wall proximity, you may be able to adjust with speaker tuning...simple damping and/or strategically plugging the passive radiator vents.

The HR-1 is a great speaker.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #31 - 02/05/14 at 20:42:06

I ordered a Pair.

12, 14 or 16 weeks out...I understand.

Question for Lon & Will? Is their an external Resistor used as found on the ERRx? Or, is their an internal Resistor and/or minimal crossover used because of the blending of the different drivers on different axises.

I ordered my HR-1's in Maple!  -Stone = Happy.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #32 - 02/05/14 at 20:47:41

Awesome Stone!

I have my new pair in maple and they're LOVELY. My speaker sent back to Bob should be returnign to me soon. A bit of crud had gotten into (I think) the radial voice coil.

My two pair are different: the older pair has an external wire wound resistor, the new pair does not.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 02/05/14 at 21:34:17

Stone. I look forward to your new speakers! You are going to have quite a collection to compare!

I had mine built with the caps and resisters outside on the recessed binding post panel. If Bob is still offering this as an option, and you don't mind seeing the caps and resister, and if you want adjustability on the tweeter tone and balance, I would recommend it.

You obviously don't want to work too far out of the design in values, but there are a lot of "flavor" shifting possibilities with different caps, very low value bypasses, and resistors. I experimented a lot and kept up with Bob about what I was hearing. I don't know what he is putting in now, but my experiments changed the speaker for the better here, and Bob may have used some of this.

Mine sounded really good from the start, but I had to explore! I think I recall that hey shipped with Clarity Cap SA 3.3s and I believe a 3 ohm Wirewound resistor. I settled on 3.3 Mundorf Supreme caps with one Russian PIO .1 K40Y-9 bypassing altogether...from the hot speaker wire direct to the hot tweeter post. Also I have a .047 K40Y-9 wired parallel with the Mundorf 3.3....these come in after a Mundorf 2.7 resistor. All broken in, the sound is as clear in general as the original, but more smooth and refined by my ear, with less grain and more micro detail.

Be interesting to find out how Bob is wiring them these days. I bet they sound great.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #34 - 02/05/14 at 21:59:52

Bob mentioned to me that he is using Mundorf, I didn't go any further in discussion with him but he said tha the major difference between my older pair and the new is the use of the capacitors that were a result of your explorations.

I still personally prefer the older pair, but the new pair still have far fewer hours on them, less than a thousand I think, than it would take for them to really be all they can be.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #35 - 02/06/14 at 15:50:16

Thanks guys!

Sounds/looks like your awesome explorations Will...lead Bob/Zygi to implement the best Caps & Resistors on the inside cover of the Speaker binding posts....and leave it at that!

With your 2nd pair Lon having them (caps & resistors) internal/and chosen to be the best sounding of many combinations...I bet they burn in and sound as sweetly as your 1st pair. Is Bob doing a pretty quick turn-around for the one distorting Speaker? I bet the Maple is stunning too!

I am loving my ZMA. I now have 79.5 hours on it and counting. I went an Listened to all 49 minutes of the ZMA with the HR-1 Omni's from the the Zenfest Video. As best as can be discerned through my Beats Audio internal Speakers on my HP TouchSmart Desk Top....I like what I heard and seen. .......now the wait has begun.     -S

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #36 - 02/06/14 at 15:53:35

Yes, he'll be shipping them back soon, probably in his hands less than a week. He got them Monday and has corrected the problem.

The two sound different which is not a bad thing. When fully burned in (personally I think we're talking about 2000 or more hours) I expect them to sound really good, and still different. Not that that is a bad thing.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #37 - 02/06/14 at 16:00:37

True Lon, one caps/resistors version vs. the other. It will be interesting to hear which ones you prefer, say...come late fall this year....with many hours on them.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #38 - 02/06/14 at 16:17:24

Yes. Definitely a first world problem!

Interestingly enough so far I prefer the new HR-1s with the OLD Mk III and the old HR-1s with the NEW Mk III.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #39 - 02/06/14 at 17:07:15

Very interesting.

I plan on calling Bob, when I get the "Build" stage email (understandably-probably in late May).

I hear that....our first world problems.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #40 - 02/09/14 at 12:03:36

Well, my HR-1 speaker repair was a lot more extensive than initially thought, a driver needed to be replaced. Sigh. Now I'll need breakin in the second system for quite some time again. Should have it back tomorrow.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 02/09/14 at 13:46:28

Now that Bob is done with your speaker, maybe he'll start building mine.  On the build list there is one pair of ERR's ordered in August then My HR-1s ordered in September.  So it shouldn't be long, unless Bob decides to torture me by building all 7 pairs of ERRs  ordered before starting My speakers. Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #42 - 02/09/14 at 13:50:47

Here's hoping he gets to yours soon Mark! You're going to be very happy when they arrive. . . and after.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #43 - 02/10/14 at 03:03:53

sorry if this has been mentioned previously. why the long wait on the speakers?

at 5k you would think they would like to get customers their order asap? if you make speakers then make speakers. if you don't then get stop offering a product...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #44 - 02/10/14 at 03:12:50

Well, the past year Bob had a heart attack and that set him back. He's catching up. As far as I know it's a two man father and son outfit, and care is taken to do them right, it's not a factory. I've always been satisfied with the product when received, view them worth the wait.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #45 - 02/10/14 at 03:45:32

Understood. I was not trying to be insensitive just curious. even at 80 hours in a work week for two people, you would think that they could produce 1-2 speakers per week. but I have never produced any speaker myself so I wouldn't know what it takes.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 02/10/14 at 14:05:40

It takes a lot of time to produce a speaker, depending on the speaker. On the outside they look like a box, but on the inside, its a different story. The HR-1s are not just a simple box. I make speakers for fun and last time I made some back loaded horns using the Fostex plans it took me 6 months, and that is just to put the box together. This did not include the finish which was a simple laquer with wood accents. Bob's speakers are a work of art. To this day I still don't know how he gets his veneer perfect in the corners. I have tried and you can still see the fine line seperation in the corners between the veneers. On the HR-1s I received I closely inspected the corners and they are perfect like the wood was painted on. Bob is a true craftsman and the HR-1s are a special speaker. The best speaker I have heard. They are worth the wait.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #47 - 02/11/14 at 01:02:14

stellablues....I hear you, in fact I think the same thing sometimes.

A simple six sided box like the DM945's are what we call onion skinned where a "V" cutter crosscuts the MDF right to the veneer, with an over cut "V" grove then hot melt glue is used to wrap the speaker into a box. Many of these can be produced in a week this way. Steve has these done by a company in Cali which is why there are no options I think just cherry and black. This has taken those off my plate. I also was building amp bases, which don't show up on the order page that everyone gets to see. Since my heart attack, like Lon mentioned, these are also being done by the company in Cali., except for the custom woods, which I still do.

John AKA the deucekazoo, thanks for the compliment...

Lon, it is just two of us, but right now its my brother-in-law and my self.

I guess I'm a picky prick to work for, as I find it hard to find any help, right here in the middle of the largest us furniture manufacturers.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
battjim
Verified Member

Reply #48 - 02/11/14 at 03:15:07

One of these days I am going to have to get around to hooking up mine!

IP Logged
battjim
Verified Member

Reply #49 - 02/11/14 at 03:20:51

BTW, I am the second owner of a pair of prototype HR-1's.  The first owner did not include resistors for the tweeters.  Does anyone know what values and which brand to use?  Thanks in advance for any help.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print