Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 13:54:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spkr vol. doesn't go down w/ headphones plugged in (Read 4655 times)
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Spkr vol. doesn't go down w/ headphones plugged in
10/25/12 at 11:45:38

When using the csp2 as a stereo preamp and headphone amp, shouldn't they?  Also, can someone explain to me why, even w/ my power amp turned off, I still get music out of my loud speakers? And not just a little, it's crankable, like the amp is not really off.

Is this normal?

Thanks,  (and hopefully these aren't stupid questions)

Greg

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Spkr vol. doesn't go down w/ headphones plugged in
Reply #1 - 10/29/12 at 02:26:52

It happened to me with my CSP2+ also. Seems the preamp puts out enough signal to excite the speakers.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Re: Spkr vol. doesn't go down w/ headphones plugged in
Reply #2 - 10/29/12 at 21:45:49

Ok, so it's not just me. Cool.  Oh, and it finally dawned on me that in order to mute the loud speakers while listening to head phones all one needs to do is turn the two output level thumb pots all the way left, then use the volume dial for the phones. (duh)  First time I've ever had a pre amp w/ both out level and volume controls.  
   I'm starting to really dig this preamp.  I have a set of Sennheiser HD535's, nothing fancing but man they sure sound nice when powered by this csp2.  I have never been a big headphone listener but I can definately see that changing now.  Love it.

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print